• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Adnan Akmal is the surprise exclusion; I don't remember him doing anything that warrant an axe.

Good to see Nasir Jamshed in the test squad. Looking forward to Irfan's bowling but fitness will be a key issue for him and how Misbah handles him.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Adnan has been an excellent gloveman for us in recent times. Same can't be said for Sarfraz. And despite the latter having a better FC record, I think Adnan has actually done better with the bat at the International level.

Faisal Bhanja Iqbal needs to be kicked in the backside and told to piss off.

But apart from these two mistakes the rest of the squad is decent. Would have ideally liked to see Sadaf, Fawad and Usman in the squad though. Fawad for Bhanja, Usman for Harris Sohail and Sadaf for Irfan (I like Irfan but Sadaf has been waiting longer and I think he is the better bowler).

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
they will probably import them from the tribal areas (which aren't technically a part of the Pakistani federation) and from the part of Kashmir that pakistan holds :p

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistani stars barred from BPL | Cricket | DAWN.COM

this is ridiculous. Does the PCB really expect any foreign teams to visit Pakistan in such a horrible security situation? And especially after what happened to the SL team (whose attackers despite showing up on video have still not been caught) do they really expect any teams to visit?
Harsh on the players since they won't be able to earn and they make pittance anyway. However BCB did need to be taught a lesson. I appreciate that foreign players should not visit Pakistan because it is dangerous but the BCB should have rejected the tour offer straight away rather than playing us and using the PCB to get what they wanted before declining. They have been trolling us and so deserve this. Next time say no up front!!!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Harsh on the players since they won't be able to earn and they make pittance anyway. However BCB did need to be taught a lesson. I appreciate that foreign players should not visit Pakistan because it is dangerous but the BCB should have rejected the tour offer straight away rather than playing us and using the PCB to get what they wanted before declining. They have been trolling us and so deserve this. Next time say no up front!!!
They may have legitimately thought about touring though before being dissuaded and changed their minds. I think it’s ludicrous for PCB to expect any nation to tour frankly. And even if BCB “played us” as you say, is it right for us to react the same way? Frankly, the people most hurt by this are Pakistani players who have very limited avenues of earning good income. No wonder the prospect of match fixing is ever so present in our country.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
There is such a thing as professional conduct between cricket boards. I have no doubt whatsoever that the BCB right from the get go weren't going to send their players. They used us by pretending to agree in order to get the ICC vote from the PCB. Once they had the PCB's vote they refused. It is ridiculous for the PCB to ask them to tour but it's equally ridiculous to show such deception by the BCB. And if you think they are innocent in all this think again because our players still haven't been paid from the first BPL. Lying ****s.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the BCB are not innocent in this at all but situations change over time and both boards should have not come to this untenable agreement in the first place.

But now, by forcing Pakistan players out i am not sure what is sort to be achieved ? BCB for the money they are paying should get replacements and it will be the players who suffer most.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
A lot of non Pakistani players have said no since no one has been paid. BCB probably needs Pakistani players and they should be punished for their deception.

Situations change but as I have mentioned, I don't believe for a second that they actually considered ever sending their players. Should have said no straight up.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't it BCB's turn for Presidency anyway after Pakistan brought in Ehsan Mani last time ?

And just realized BPL is to begin tomorrow. Pulling players out so close to this time is pretty cruel and even those players that are not in Pakistan contention anymore. Will PCB compensate ?

As it is these players are not allowed in IPL and may not be again next time, with tensions rising recently.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mentioned it in another thread that our former board president to be blamed for agreeing in the first place and what's more ridiculous is that he denied this few days ago when everyone knows what happened. There is also a tension between current and former president as the current one has to solve all these issues created by former president. Players are made scapegoat by both the boards in this whole saga which is most pathetic. There was a good relationship between BCB and PCB which is all buried now.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I don't blame the Bangladeshi players. And PCB was stupid to put the safety of the players at risk. No one should be visiting Pakistan at the moment. I am just mad that they were willing to even consider PCB's proposal and went as far as agreeing to it in exchange for votes and then withdrawing afterwards.

At the very least they should publicly apologise and not act as if it was PCB's fault.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I don't blame the Bangladeshi players. And PCB was stupid to put the safety of the players at risk. No one should be visiting Pakistan at the moment. I am just mad that they were willing to even consider PCB's proposal and went as far as agreeing to it in exchange for votes and then withdrawing afterwards.

At the very least they should publicly apologise and not act as if it was PCB's fault.
sorry mate I was referring to the boards that they brought this upon players and complicated things more and yeah I also think both the boards should realize that they made mistakes and handled this unprofessionally

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan have offered an insurance policy of $2 million and tax-free income for foreign cricketers who are thinking of participating in the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

Pakistan have not hosted international cricket since terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in March 2009. Since then they have had to play their "home" matches at offshore venues such as England and the UAE. The idea of having a PSL in the country is a strategic move by the PCB to win back the confidence of cricketing nations.

But the world professional cricketers' union FICA has raised its concerns over the security situation in Pakistan and warned players against taking part in the PSL, citing it an unmanageable risk. "We understand their concerns and we can't blame them," Zaka Ashraf, PCB chairman, told ESPNcricinfo. "It's the negative perception about Pakistan that has to be changed and people should understand that things are not so bad.

"But for their sense of security we are offering an optional insurance policy worth $2 million for the satisfaction of their families. They will be our special guests and we are ensuring every possible step to give them security at a higher level and if they think this isn't enough they can take the insurance option as well."

Cricket operations in Pakistan aren't tax exempted but the PCB is offering residential and non-residential players tax-free income from the PSL. Apart from the "emerging" players, they stand to earn between $25,000 and $100,000 for taking part in a 10-day tournament. The base price for the top category diamond player starts at $100,000.

"Government is ready to grant us the exemption on income of the PSL and it's an added advantage of our product for the players to earn tax free income," Ashraf said. "We are offering the most money compared to the other leagues in the world. In ten days you can get the most out of it before going to the IPL starting in April."
Pakistan Cricket News: Pakistan offers overseas players $2m life insurance | ESPN Cricinfo

:huh: