Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post

You-Xuhaib and Salman are complete opposites.
    My views on Salman have already earned me infraction points. Don't take me there again .........

remember Salman is the Pakistani version of turbinator hence he is not to be taken seriously ............I hope he doesn't label us as the Pakistani version of IndiaLose
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

State Vice-Captain
    inzi would tick some boxes, certainly, but what about the key ones of

1) fitness and training.
    2) the politicking within the team -- is he of sufficient status ala khan to transcend that?
    3) the corruption -- while he, personally, might not have been tainted, i find it hard to believe that there was no match or spot fixing going on in his watch.

a low key foreign coach with an iron will - and hopefully, rod - would be ideal. of course, the person needs to be given carte blanche to do as he sees fit. if he is hobbled by the gang of thieves that is the pcb at every step, then he really doesn't have a hope in hell of making a substantive difference.
    i know i am god. since when i pray i find i am talking to myself.

(massive apologies to barnes)

Saeed Anwar.

Is not a media whore provides a lot of back up support behind the scenes to the current players and seemed like one decent person during the 90's side of egomaniacs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I'm the only one in the middle.

Reminds me of K-Billy's super sounds of the seventies - Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Yes you are in the middle.......neither man nor woman ........perhaps a tranny
    You set yourself up for that, AN.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    You set yourself up for that, AN.
    Lol that was a good comeback by smali

No assurances given to Afridi

Afridi's captaincy (and possible selection?) is in doubt for the Ireland ODI's. Seems like an overreaction to me. I'm no great fan of Afridi, but he's the right choice atm for Pakistan. He shouldn't have criticized Waqar, but a stern talking-to should be an adequate disciplinary action IMO. Stability is what we need, not further turmoil.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Apparently Afridi wanted to give the youngsters a chance for the final two onedayers.Waqar wanted to stick with the winning combination.This is where the conflict started.

If this is true,then i stand by Afridi's side completely.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    Apparently Afridi wanted to give the youngsters a chance for the final two onedayers.Waqar wanted to stick with the winning combination.This is where the conflict started.

If this is true,then i stand by Afridi's side completely.
    The point is to handle it internally though and not cause a scene. He should have approached the PCB and complained if he thought Waqar was being unfair. If the PCB officials didnít respond and he felt strongly enough, then he shouldíve resigned. Giving statements in the press wasnít going to help matters. Having said all that, I maintain that itís an overreaction by the PCB to sack him for this one issue.

PCB is just a huge pile of ****.....and Ijaz Butt is the thickest piece in the pile

Pakistan coach to be named after Bangladesh tour

So apparently Whatmore is the favorite for the head coaching job with Aqib Javed expected to be the bowling coach, and either Mushtaq Mohammad or Ijaz Ahmed as the batting coach. Jonty Rhodes might get the fielding coach position. Thatís a whole lot of coaches, but I like it.

too many cooks spoil the broth?

i would like Dav Whatmore to coach Pakistan

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Pakistan coach to be named after Bangladesh tour

So apparently Whatmore is the favorite for the head coaching job with Aqib Javed expected to be the bowling coach, and either Mushtaq Mohammad or Ijaz Ahmed as the batting coach. Jonty Rhodes might get the fielding coach position. Thatís a whole lot of coaches, but I like it.
    Can't we get a better bowling coach than Aqib, maybe someone like Wasim. And we don't need Ijaz as the batting coach. What exactly has he done to improve the players technique so far? How is Mushtaq Muhammad, do you think he will help our batsman with their technical deficiencies? I would rather have Saeed Anwar as our batting coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Ijaz Ahmed has been coaching our players in the arts of match fixing and the like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Can't we get a better bowling coach than Aqib, maybe someone like Wasim. And we don't need Ijaz as the batting coach. What exactly has he done to improve the players technique so far? How is Mushtaq Muhammad, do you think he will help our batsman with their technical deficiencies? I would rather have Saeed Anwar as our batting coach.
    I have no idea what Mushtaq Muhammad's coaching credentials are. Has he coached a domestic side? I agree with you that Ijaz hasnít done anything, so Iím somewhat surprised theyíre sticking with him. Aqib is credited with nurturing and grooming a lot of young talent back when he was the coach at the Academy, so I think heís being rewarded for that. I wish we could hire Wasim, but his ego probably wonít allow him to be a mere bowling coach, heíd want the head job.

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread Information