• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Jager

International Debutant
The selection of Kamran Akmal, arguably the worst keeper most have seen in their lifetime, would bring shame on the team.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Try explaining this to Loser Z-Man
:laugh:

Keep in mind that I am arguing for Kamran only in T20 and purely based on talent & stats. One can not argue against the immense potential he has as a batsmen and perhaps a keeper. I remember when he entered the team in place of Moin Khan, he was the 'next' big thing.
I think most of us Remember the famous India v Pak test where he single-handedly won the game.

So the potential is certainly there but the hatred has increased so much that people tend to forget that he has the most potential in domestic cricket. We saw that in T20 Faysal Bank tournament as well.
In Pakistan, we require an explosive opening batsmen and Kamran is one of them. Other option is to bring in Imran Nazir and play Umar as a keeper.

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Just found this in PP. Next to Gilchrist in terms of dismissals per innings. Not a bad choice eh?

unam

U19 12th Man
Just found this in PP. Next to Gilchrist in terms of dismissals per innings. Not a bad choice eh?

:-O this despite dropping 80 + catches in last few years, would have probably taken some of those dropped catches later on.

I would still not want him to be the keeper :ph34r:

There is no point in dropping a batsman on 0 then take his catch when he has already scored 100, doesn't matter how hard/beautiful the catch is.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
There is no point in dropping a batsman on 0 then take his catch when he has already scored 100, doesn't matter how hard/beautiful the catch is.
AWTA

Also These stats do not show how many he dropped and how far ahead of the table he would have been had he caught on to those 86 chances.

Add those 86 chances and his ratio becomes 2.95.

Those 86 missed dismissals also means that for every 5 catches he caught he dropped 2 :crazy:

I can't imagine a worse keeper in history

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Yet this shows that Kamran is still better than the lot we have in our domestic and international i.e Sarfaraz,Adnan and Umar.

My point still holds. Kamran deserves to be ahead of the other 3 as a "keeper batsmen" in T20 international.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
AWTA

Those 86 missed dismissals also means that for every 5 catches he caught he dropped 2 :crazy:

I can't imagine a worse keeper in history
Bring Umar Akmal in equation. He took 3 catches and dropped/shuffled 2 potential stumps + a drop chance in a couple of English matches.

Sarfaraz and Adnan do not count since their batting is not up to mark for T20.

unam

U19 12th Man
Yet this shows that Kamran is still better than the lot we have in our domestic and international i.e Sarfaraz,Adnan and Umar.

My point still holds. Kamran deserves to be ahead of the other 3 as a "keeper batsmen" in T20 international.
As a batsman YES as a keeper NO. OVERALL NO

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
How! In T20, he still is a better choice than Kamran.
Take out all the hatred from your mind and think with a cool mind.

In T20 he is a better batsmen than Adnan and Co where as he is a better keeper than Umar.
Shan't he get a nod ahead of others?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You really don't/shouldn't need that much proper batting depth in T20 cricket and part-time bowlers are still effective on a lot of surfaces, so it's one format where you should be able to pick a genuine keeper pretty much all of the time, even if your bloke isn't an international standard batsman.

If he's one of the best T20 batsmen available then pick him as a batsman by all means but leave the gloves with someone who can catch.

unam

U19 12th Man
You really don't/shouldn't need that much proper batting depth in T20 cricket and part-time bowlers are still effective on a lot of surfaces, so it's one format where you should be able to pick a genuine keeper pretty much all of the time, even if your bloke isn't an international standard batsman.

If he's one of the best T20 batsmen available then pick him as a batsman by all means but leave the gloves with someone who can catch.
we can't even pick him as a batsman because then he will bring his dirty politics with him and will screw up the atmosphere of dressing room again.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I would rather have Adnan as keeper even though he is a **** batsman. He is a really good keeper and will save us the need to get another 2-3 wickets thanks to junior or kami's dropmals.

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Still think Sarfraz is the best option ATM has a decent batting technique that can be worked on and hasn't had ne clangers so far (I think!). Adnan is fine for tests. Always surprised me we haven't been able to find an odi keeper as ive always believed you need someone who can catch a ball and have the ability to play a few shots lower down the order, yet we can't even find someone to do that :-(

salman85

International Debutant
Sarfaraz deserves a chance.He's been in out of the team off and on.He's had a good Asia Cup,and we need to persist with him for some time to get the best out of him.