Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

quote of day; ex pak captain imran: 'javed miandad behaves today like he behaved when he was 18. evolution has missed him!'

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    quote of day; ex pak captain imran: 'javed miandad behaves today like he behaved when he was 18. evolution has missed him!'
    Haha Imran is so harsh. I believe Imran and Miandad never really got along but somehow made it work for the sake of the team. Those were better times, people used to put the interest of the team before their petty conflicts and selfishness.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    lol...Imran is a legend indeed.

News is breaking through that King Afridi may be opening against NZ.........have missed him in the opening slot...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    Did Imran really say that????

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar

***k Yea!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Haha Imran is so harsh. I believe Imran and Miandad never really got along but somehow made it work for the sake of the team. Those were better times, people used to put the interest of the team before their petty conflicts and selfishness.
    watching the 92 WC final.. it was hilarious how Imran was simply walking away from Javed when he was trying to tell him something while batting together. Seriously, seriously remarkable that the two found a way to co-exist that long and not stab each other in the back as players when the other was captain.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    watching the 92 WC final.. it was hilarious how Imran was simply walking away from Javed when he was trying to tell him something while batting together. Seriously, seriously remarkable that the two found a way to co-exist that long and not stab each other in the back as players when the other was captain.
    the two had massive respect for each other and the country to even think of doing that could make a brilliant movie subject.

Imran was very much one of those ruling elites which he hates and condemns so much now while Javed came from the lowest strata of the society and was a people's man.Imran openly admits he was ashamed of that part of Pakistan, during those days he would take Wasim and Waqar with him as he wanted them to act and think like him and not move around with the rest of the team mates.Javed deserves a lot of credit of how things turned out as he was always backing him and never afraid of Imran taking the spotlight.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    I'd like to ask a question if I may (and apologies if it's been answered already) - why does Pakistan never play Bangladesh in Tests? Since 2000 they've met just six times, the last of those in 2003. Nothing lined up for next year either. You'd think Pakistan would be happy to tour there, they'd be reasonably familiar with the conditions, and could be fairly confident of a couple of wins. I'm assuming that they must have missed a series or two in the FTP. Is there a political problem behind it?

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    I'd like to ask a question if I may (and apologies if it's been answered already) - why does Pakistan never play Bangladesh in Tests? Since 2000 they've met just six times, the last of those in 2003. Nothing lined up for next year either. You'd think Pakistan would be happy to tour there, they'd be reasonably familiar with the conditions, and could be fairly confident of a couple of wins. I'm assuming that they must have missed a series or two in the FTP. Is there a political problem behind it?
    .... and on a related point why have Bangladesh never played a Test in India?

Good point - I know the calendars are crowded but it doesn't stop India playing Australia every couple of years and Sri Lanka even more frequently. If Bangladesh's neighbours aren't prepared to help them out and give them some games you have to ask why the likes of Australia should bother.

Banned
    PCB cancels series in Bangladesh on security grounds - The Times of India

Hmmm, OK, thanks - looks like a bit of tit-for-tat involved there.

Banned
    Hmmm, OK, thanks - looks like a bit of tit-for-tat involved there.
    Yeah, PCB are doing themselves no favours with this attitude of theirs. They need all the support they can get at this point.
    Last edited by Blaze 18; 11-12-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    .... and on a related point why have Bangladesh never played a Test in India?
    It makes sense from a financial point of view - hardly anyone would turn up to watch a test match between Bangladesh and India here (and to be honest, you really cannot blame them).

Good point - I know the calendars are crowded but it doesn't stop India playing Australia every couple of years and Sri Lanka even more frequently. If Bangladesh's neighbours aren't prepared to help them out and give them some games you have to ask why the likes of Australia should bother.
    India aren't obliged any more than Australia to play Bangladesh just for reasons of geographical proximity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread Information