• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
and in the last "Couple" of matches, Akmals brother dropped/shuffled/missed about 5 very easy chances.

smash84

The Tiger King
yes but he is just a makeshift keeper not supposedly a "proper keeper" so Ukmal can be excused unlike kami khatmal

lubnavir

Cricket Spectator
Final: Karachi Dolphins v Sialkot Stallions

Faysal Bank Super Eight T-20 Cup 2011/2012, Pakistan Domestic Tournament
Final: Karachi Dolphins v Sialkot Stallions at Rawalpindi,
Match Detail link: Karachi Dolphins v Sialkot Stallions
Karachi Dolphins 167-8
Overs 20 Khalid Latif 81 Asad Shafiq 38
Raza Hasan 4-0-33-4
Sialkot Stallions 170-2
Overs 18.5 Shoaib Malik 62* (42) Harris Sohail 55* (48)
Sialkot Stallions won by 8 wickets
Congrats to Sialkot Stallions on winning the Faysal Bank T20 2012. Definitely the best Pakistani domestic team around! And Hard Luck Karachi Dolphins
Tournament stats: Faysal Bank Super Eight T-20 Cup

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
despite his drops he is still better than kami khatmal....and that is saying a lot
lol how?
Did you see the recent Faysal Bank T20. He was smashing it all over like no problem.
He is certainly a good batsmen but I am not comparing him on his batting with Umar.

The problem we face is a good keeper batsmen and Kamran is the best of the lot since he is a better keeper than Umar and a better bat than Sarfaraz and Adnan.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if you ever pick Kamran again I'll be writing to the ICC demanding that your international status be revoked.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Let me just give a recap on my point.

We have three mediocre wicket-keeper batsmen in our international scene.
Adnan Akmal, Umar Akmal and Sarfaraz Ahmed.

In our domestic T20 competition, we saw all three of them perform but the best performance was of Kamran Akmal in terms of Keeping + Batting.

Adnan Akmal and Sarfaraz Ahmed - Weakness is batting. Can't afford in T20
Umar Akmal - Weakness is keeping.

Let us see Kamran now.
Batting is excellent, gives us the option of having an extra batsmen/bowler down the order since Kamran can open. He was our best bat in the last T20 world cup IIRC.

Keeping is apparently 'not so good' overall but let me remind you, when you talk about 86 drops, that includes tests in which I admit Kami is not fit. However, even including his poor keeping, he still makes it above Umar Akmal keeping which makes him deserve a place in T20.

smash84

The Tiger King
no, just no, stop trolling, his batting is useless and he has cost us matches so many times that I am sick of it

unam

U19 12th Man
I agree with Z-man, Khatmal deserves to be in the team for his batting and only batting not keeping, but then he has other political issues. Taking everything in account, khatmal shouldn't be in the team because at the end of the end he will do more harm than good to the team.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
There is no certain evidence for Kamran's inclusion in any sort of fixing.
Unless you have an evidence, you can't kick a person out of the team.