• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

salman85

International Debutant
Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi! Inzi!

:jump: :jump: :jump:

I posted this earlier on this page.Would be fantastic if he joins.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
PCB is obviously cash strapped thats why they are so desperate for a series with India my advice will be to wait for a couple of years and let the likes of Sachin, Laxman and Zaheer retire and then then play them current Indian side will hammer Pakistan 10/10.
Fixed......:ph34r:

Is Greg Chappell on some sort of a mission to **** every team in the world up? :laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King
I'm the only one in the middle. :)

Reminds me of K-Billy's super sounds of the seventies - Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.
Yes you are in the middle.......neither man nor woman :p........perhaps a tranny :ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
:laugh:

You-Xuhaib and Salman are complete opposites.
My views on Salman have already earned me infraction points. Don't take me there again :).........

remember Salman is the Pakistani version of turbinator hence he is not to be taken seriously :p............I hope he doesn't label us as the Pakistani version of IndiaLose :ph34r:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
inzi would tick some boxes, certainly, but what about the key ones of

1) fitness and training.
2) the politicking within the team -- is he of sufficient status ala khan to transcend that?
3) the corruption -- while he, personally, might not have been tainted, i find it hard to believe that there was no match or spot fixing going on in his watch.

a low key foreign coach with an iron will - and hopefully, rod - would be ideal. of course, the person needs to be given carte blanche to do as he sees fit. if he is hobbled by the gang of thieves that is the pcb at every step, then he really doesn't have a hope in hell of making a substantive difference.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Saeed Anwar.

Is not a media whore provides a lot of back up support behind the scenes to the current players and seemed like one decent person during the 90's side of egomaniacs.

Fusion

Global Moderator
No assurances given to Afridi

Afridi's captaincy (and possible selection?) is in doubt for the Ireland ODI's. Seems like an overreaction to me. I'm no great fan of Afridi, but he's the right choice atm for Pakistan. He shouldn't have criticized Waqar, but a stern talking-to should be an adequate disciplinary action IMO. Stability is what we need, not further turmoil.

salman85

International Debutant
Apparently Afridi wanted to give the youngsters a chance for the final two onedayers.Waqar wanted to stick with the winning combination.This is where the conflict started.

If this is true,then i stand by Afridi's side completely.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Apparently Afridi wanted to give the youngsters a chance for the final two onedayers.Waqar wanted to stick with the winning combination.This is where the conflict started.

If this is true,then i stand by Afridi's side completely.
The point is to handle it internally though and not cause a scene. He should have approached the PCB and complained if he thought Waqar was being unfair. If the PCB officials didn’t respond and he felt strongly enough, then he should’ve resigned. Giving statements in the press wasn’t going to help matters. Having said all that, I maintain that it’s an overreaction by the PCB to sack him for this one issue.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistan coach to be named after Bangladesh tour

So apparently Whatmore is the favorite for the head coaching job with Aqib Javed expected to be the bowling coach, and either Mushtaq Mohammad or Ijaz Ahmed as the batting coach. Jonty Rhodes might get the fielding coach position. That’s a whole lot of coaches, but I like it.
Can't we get a better bowling coach than Aqib, maybe someone like Wasim. And we don't need Ijaz as the batting coach. What exactly has he done to improve the players technique so far? How is Mushtaq Muhammad, do you think he will help our batsman with their technical deficiencies? I would rather have Saeed Anwar as our batting coach.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Can't we get a better bowling coach than Aqib, maybe someone like Wasim. And we don't need Ijaz as the batting coach. What exactly has he done to improve the players technique so far? How is Mushtaq Muhammad, do you think he will help our batsman with their technical deficiencies? I would rather have Saeed Anwar as our batting coach.
I have no idea what Mushtaq Muhammad's coaching credentials are. Has he coached a domestic side? I agree with you that Ijaz hasn’t done anything, so I’m somewhat surprised they’re sticking with him. Aqib is credited with nurturing and grooming a lot of young talent back when he was the coach at the Academy, so I think he’s being rewarded for that. I wish we could hire Wasim, but his ego probably won’t allow him to be a mere bowling coach, he’d want the head job.