• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
quote of day; ex pak captain imran: 'javed miandad behaves today like he behaved when he was 18. evolution has missed him!'
:laugh:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
quote of day; ex pak captain imran: 'javed miandad behaves today like he behaved when he was 18. evolution has missed him!'
:laugh:
Haha Imran is so harsh. :laugh: I believe Imran and Miandad never really got along but somehow made it work for the sake of the team. Those were better times, people used to put the interest of the team before their petty conflicts and selfishness.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
lol...Imran is a legend indeed.

News is breaking through that King Afridi may be opening against NZ.........have missed him in the opening slot...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha Imran is so harsh. :laugh: I believe Imran and Miandad never really got along but somehow made it work for the sake of the team. Those were better times, people used to put the interest of the team before their petty conflicts and selfishness.
watching the 92 WC final.. it was hilarious how Imran was simply walking away from Javed when he was trying to tell him something while batting together. Seriously, seriously remarkable that the two found a way to co-exist that long and not stab each other in the back as players when the other was captain.

Xuhaib

International Coach
watching the 92 WC final.. it was hilarious how Imran was simply walking away from Javed when he was trying to tell him something while batting together. Seriously, seriously remarkable that the two found a way to co-exist that long and not stab each other in the back as players when the other was captain.
the two had massive respect for each other and the country to even think of doing that could make a brilliant movie subject.

Imran was very much one of those ruling elites which he hates and condemns so much now while Javed came from the lowest strata of the society and was a people's man.Imran openly admits he was ashamed of that part of Pakistan, during those days he would take Wasim and Waqar with him as he wanted them to act and think like him and not move around with the rest of the team mates.Javed deserves a lot of credit of how things turned out as he was always backing him and never afraid of Imran taking the spotlight.

stumpski

International Captain
I'd like to ask a question if I may (and apologies if it's been answered already) - why does Pakistan never play Bangladesh in Tests? Since 2000 they've met just six times, the last of those in 2003. Nothing lined up for next year either. You'd think Pakistan would be happy to tour there, they'd be reasonably familiar with the conditions, and could be fairly confident of a couple of wins. I'm assuming that they must have missed a series or two in the FTP. Is there a political problem behind it?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to ask a question if I may (and apologies if it's been answered already) - why does Pakistan never play Bangladesh in Tests? Since 2000 they've met just six times, the last of those in 2003. Nothing lined up for next year either. You'd think Pakistan would be happy to tour there, they'd be reasonably familiar with the conditions, and could be fairly confident of a couple of wins. I'm assuming that they must have missed a series or two in the FTP. Is there a political problem behind it?
.... and on a related point why have Bangladesh never played a Test in India?

stumpski

International Captain
Good point - I know the calendars are crowded but it doesn't stop India playing Australia every couple of years and Sri Lanka even more frequently. If Bangladesh's neighbours aren't prepared to help them out and give them some games you have to ask why the likes of Australia should bother.

Blaze 18

Banned
PCB cancels series in Bangladesh on security grounds - The Times of India

Blaze 18

Banned
.... and on a related point why have Bangladesh never played a Test in India?
It makes sense from a financial point of view - hardly anyone would turn up to watch a test match between Bangladesh and India here (and to be honest, you really cannot blame them).

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Good point - I know the calendars are crowded but it doesn't stop India playing Australia every couple of years and Sri Lanka even more frequently. If Bangladesh's neighbours aren't prepared to help them out and give them some games you have to ask why the likes of Australia should bother.
India aren't obliged any more than Australia to play Bangladesh just for reasons of geographical proximity.

Blaze 18

Banned
Exactly. It isn't like India have refused to play Bangladesh either, they have played as much as most against them (Team records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo). Besides, having an India-Bangladesh test match in Bangladesh is better from Bangladesh's perspective for two main reasons :

1) Money.
2) Bangladesh are far more likely to come up with a respectable performance in Bangladesh than in India.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
It is rather strange that India have not hosted Bangladesh as yet, but they have more than compensated for it by touring Bangladesh four times. By contrast, Australia have toured Bangladesh only once.

Faisal1985

the two had massive respect for each other and the country to even think of doing that could make a brilliant movie subject.

Imran was very much one of those ruling elites which he hates and condemns so much now while Javed came from the lowest strata of the society and was a people's man.Imran openly admits he was ashamed of that part of Pakistan, during those days he would take Wasim and Waqar with him as he wanted them to act and think like him and not move around with the rest of the team mates.Javed deserves a lot of credit of how things turned out as he was always backing him and never afraid of Imran taking the spotlight.
Spot on...i really give a lot of respect to Javed for holding back on emotions for the sake of the nation...true legend..

Faisal1985

Hmmm, OK, thanks - looks like a bit of tit-for-tat involved there.
Yea pretty dumb from Pak. They should have toured Bangladesh and asked them to tour Pak and i bet they would have agreed as well....so, no...anyway..when was the last time you saw PCB doing something sensible.