• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Blaze 18

Banned
There is this player whose name I cannot recall; he bowled a devastating spell in an U 19 India vs Pakistan match.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
what pakistan need to do is uncover another amir from somewhere.

that may sound like a blase statement but with the absence of a worthwhile domestic structure they need to employ whatever methods they can to uncover great talents - its really painful to see someone like sami get the nod, or a consistently mediocre performer like gul get chosen when theres a good chance there are better more worthwhile and deserving prospects about.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Amir don't fall off trees:laugh:

On average Pakistan produces a world class once in 6-8 years so if the trend continues we might see the next great Pakistani bowler around 2015.In the coming days Pakistan is going to struggle in the bowling department for the next few years not many teams are able to overcome the losses of 2 world class fast bowlers.

smash84

The Tiger King

On average Pakistan produces a world class once in 6-8 years so if the trend continues we might see the next great Pakistani bowler around 2015.In the coming days Pakistan is going to struggle in the bowling department for the next few years not many teams are able to overcome the losses of 2 world class fast bowlers.
True. It is hard to replace just one world class fast bowler let alone 2.

However I am sure there must be talent lurking around somewhere and with some effort we should be able to find some good bowlers. I have played enough street cricket to know that there are enough genuinely quick bowlers in the pool. The tough part is to groom them. Otherwise they would be like Sami bowling 150 km/h and getting smashed all over the park

G.I.Joe

International Coach

I thought the current #1 team managed to cover the loss of Amar Singh and Mohammad Nissar pretty well tbh :ph34r:

r3alist

U19 Cricketer

ha, you mean pakistan DISCOVERS a great bowler once every 6-8 years, but perhaps produces many more.

amir was discovered in a training camp by wasim - if wasim was not there he may have been overlooked.

inzi was meant to have been discovered in a casual net session.

imran khan had a lot to do with wasim

now have a read of this

i dont think there is a shortage of talent, i think there is a shortage of will to go out there and exploit it, this is why the mediocre gul has a cemented position in the team, or why sami is recalled.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Miandad joins Pakistan as batting and fielding consultant

I like the idea of Miandad as the batting consultant. I'd rather we get a top coach for that position, but that's not going to happen with the current state of Pakistan cricket. Therefore, Miandad is probably the best we have for that role. I have no idea why he would be a fielding consultant though. It continues to frustrate me how little value the PCB puts on the fielding aspect. They refuse to hire a proper fielding coach. When the whole culture of the PCB is to de-value fielding, it is no wonder that our players are perpetually bad fielders.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is going to be a disaster.. it already is. Miandad and Waqar are already at loggerheads.
Miandad's tenure with Pakistan cricket team has always ended in a bad way.. I expect the same to happen this time.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Miandad joins Pakistan as batting and fielding consultant

I like the idea of Miandad as the batting consultant. I'd rather we get a top coach for that position, but that's not going to happen with the current state of Pakistan cricket. Therefore, Miandad is probably the best we have for that role. I have no idea why he would be a fielding consultant though. It continues to frustrate me how little value the PCB puts on the fielding aspect. They refuse to hire a proper fielding coach. When the whole culture of the PCB is to de-value fielding, it is no wonder that our players are perpetually bad fielders.
Though he's not the best man for the job, Javed Miandad was a fine fielder in his day tbf. Not in the Viv/Bland league and did not do fancy things often but was apparently was one of the safest catchers and clean fielders. Sunny G rated him amongst the best fielders in the world in the mid-80s.

smash84

The Tiger King
This is going to be a disaster.. it already is. Miandad and Waqar are already at loggerheads.
Miandad's tenure with Pakistan cricket team has always ended in a bad way.. I expect the same to happen this time.
Why are Miandad and Waqar at loggerheads????

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ego clash. They are petty people and cannot see beyond their own egos. Waqar wants Miandad simply as an assistant who will work according to what Waqar determines and Miandad believes he is the greatest batsman Pakistan produced hence there is no way he will take orders from his junior.
What will ultimately benefit Pakistan is not a matter of concern for either of them.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ego clash. They are petty people and cannot see beyond their own egos. Waqar wants Miandad simply as an assistant who will work according to what Waqar determines and Miandad believes he is the greatest batsman Pakistan produced hence there is no way he will take orders from his junior.
What will ultimately benefit Pakistan is not a matter of concern for either of them.
hmmm.............sounds bad already

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I feel in one way or another its a good thing that someone experienced is there to give some tips to the batsman and build them tougher mentally. No doubt Miandad in his days was that kind.

Waqar and Miandad have issues and i don't want to see a clash of egos now...as we are in deep **** anyways...good move by Miandad not to travel to NZ and just help the batsman in Pak for the time being.

Faisal1985

ha, you mean pakistan DISCOVERS a great bowler once every 6-8 years, but perhaps produces many more.

amir was discovered in a training camp by wasim - if wasim was not there he may have been overlooked.

inzi was meant to have been discovered in a casual net session.

imran khan had a lot to do with wasim

now have a read of this

i dont think there is a shortage of talent, i think there is a shortage of will to go out there and exploit it, this is why the mediocre gul has a cemented position in the team, or why sami is recalled.
Should have been overlooked until after the England tour tbh.

Fusion

Global Moderator
good move by Miandad not to travel to NZ and just help the batsman in Pak for the time being.
That doesn't sound good to me at all. What's the use of a batting coach if he can't be on tour with the players and work with them when they need the most assistance? If he felt that Waqar's ego would be hurt if he's around the team too much, then he shouldn't have accepted the position in the first place. We need a full-time coach.

Faisal1985

That doesn't sound good to me at all. What's the use of a batting coach if he can't be on tour with the players and work with them when they need the most assistance? If he felt that Waqar's ego would be hurt if he's around the team too much, then he shouldn't have accepted the position in the first place. We need a full-time coach.
What's better...pushing the whole team in to disunity and further turmoil right before the world cup? or take your chances that Miandad and Waqar would not collide and would care for the team instead....? What if a new controversy breaks through on foreign land because the 2 self acclaimed geniuses decided to show who is the boss?

I rather avoid that situation.

A full time batting coach.....2 thumbs up for that indeed....along with a full time fielding coach.