• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
New Zealand Cricket is bracing for a financial hit in their home series against Pakistan later this year, due to what NZC chief executive Justin Vaughan called a "residual impact" of the spot-fixing controversy.
Vaughan told the Dominion Post that while NZC's earnings from television rights would not be affected, crowd figures and gate earnings could drop. "I can understand the public may not be quite as excited about Pakistan as they otherwise might have been," Vaughan said. Pakistan's tour of New Zealand, which is part of the ICC's Future Tours Programme, will be the only international series of the summer in the country and Vaughan said, "We're kidding ourselves to think that there won't be some residual impact out of all this, which is sad."
Vaughan said the option of inviting teams other than Pakistan for the home series was not being contemplated. "To me the question will be in terms of the strength of the Pakistani team. We certainly haven't looked at any other options in terms of touring teams".
Pakistan's six-week tour begins on Boxing Day and will comprise three Twenty20 internationals, two Tests and six ODIs. "New Zealand will be dead keen to make sure they play at their very best as it is the prelude to the World Cup," Vaughan said.
A few Pakistan players were reported to be in talks with Wellington to play in New Zealand's domestic Twenty20 competition in December. Vaughan said NZC had no objections to any future singings by domestic associations, provided they were convinced that the players being signed were "appropriate". "A blanket ban against Pakistan players doesn't seem to be terribly fair … As long as there doesn't appear to be any reason not to allow them, then I think that's fine."
When asked about the ongoing inquiry against the three Pakistan players - Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir - Vaughan said, "You'd need to understand the personal contexts around each of them, but I think there's got to be pretty low tolerance; really lengthy bans, if not life bans". The scandal had "put a dampener on the game. Cricket's had body blows in the past and bounced back and I'm sure it'll just bounce back from this."
Well Mr. Cricket New Zealand i think you should worry about your team's strength instead.

Faisal1985

:laugh:

exactly, NZL worrying about the strength of a team that has not lost a series in their shores for 25 years.

Really....we haven't lost a test series at home for 25 years? :huh:

Obviously if teams are not coming also is part of it but...25 years is a wow figure.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interesting to see how fat Jesse goes against quality pace this time. Sick of seeing him feast on us. :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Will be interesting to see how fat Jesse goes against quality pace this time. Sick of seeing him feast on us. :laugh:
there will be no quality pace from Pakistan this time unless we unearth someone out of the blue.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Really....we haven't lost a test series at home for 25 years? :huh:

Obviously if teams are not coming also is part of it but...25 years is a wow figure.
Around 2006 we had not lost a series in NZL,SL,India,England for over 20 years now NZl is the only place where are record is standing, shows how much we have fallen.

Faisal1985

Around 2006 we had not lost a series in NZL,SL,India,England for over 20 years now NZl is the only place where are record is standing, shows how much we have fallen.
I know SL series was such a disappointment just because of the player power/problems with YK. We shouldn't have lost that series tbh....

We have really hit the lows this decade....

Wahab, Gul, Anwar Ali/Junaid should be given a chance....

Since the conditions are bowler friendly why not give Akhtar a chance...he was able to bowl spells of roughly 7 overs in the ODIs.

Faisal1985

Pak may be able to hold him off in the NZ conditions provided Riaz, Gul are supported by a young gun.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well Mr. Cricket New Zealand i think you should worry about your team's strength instead.
To be fair, I'm not sure he's actually putting down the Pakistan team in terms of strength there, think you may be reading more into it than is meant.

smash84

The Tiger King
Since the conditions are bowler friendly why not give Akhtar a chance...he was able to bowl spells of roughly 7 overs in the ODIs.
Does sound like a good idea. Akhtar hasn't been bowling badly since his return. I think it was he himself who backed out of playing test matches to concentrate only on the ODIs.

Blaze 18

Banned
I know SL series was such a disappointment just because of the player power/problems with YK. We shouldn't have lost that series tbh....

We have really hit the lows this decade....

Wahab, Gul, Anwar Ali/Junaid should be given a chance....

Shoaib Akhtar should only be playing T20's and ODI's. He is clearly not fit enough for test cricket. I am not sure Pakistan need him either with all the quality fast bowlers they have at their disposal.

smash84

The Tiger King
Shoaib Akhtar should only be playing T20's and ODI's. He is clearly not fit enough for test cricket. I am not sure Pakistan need him either with all the quality fast bowlers they have at their disposal.
quality fast bowlers??? You mean people like Sami??? He has only one quality. Bowling at 150 km/hr and getting smashed to the boundary at 300 km/hr

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
Pakistan have plenty of options : Umar Gul, Mohammad Irfan, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Talha among others.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan have plenty of options : Umar Gul, Mohammad Irfan, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Talha among others.
most of them are decent but not top quality the two high class ones have flushed their careers down the hole.