• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I guess the difference was Razzaq's innings...he just killed it.....but Shahzaib was well on his way to counter it, unfortunately it didn't happen for him in the final...some brutal batting in this tournament though.

Faisal1985

Imran simply doesn't get it does he.....He is talking about PCB! run by Ijaz Butt! why does he keep coming up with fancy remarks. If he really wants to see a change. Open himself for taking full charge of the board for 2 years..its not like he is going to become a PM in 2 years anyways if he continues with politics might as well do the good you can for cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Khurram Manzoor has hit back to back hundreds against West Indies A. Wasn't terrible in his brief international career either; should be there or there abouts if/when Hafeez or Taufeeq get dropped.

Blaze 18

Banned
Khurram Manzoor has hit back to back hundreds against West Indies A. Wasn't terrible in his brief international career either; should be there or there abouts if/when Hafeez or Taufeeq get dropped.
From whatever little I saw of him in international matches, he looked terrible. His strokeplay is extremely limited.

smash84

The Tiger King
From whatever little I saw of him in international matches, he looked terrible. His strokeplay is extremely limited.
as limited as he looked but he did look like someone who had the ability to stay at the crease. Something that has been missing in Pak batsmen.

Blaze 18

Banned
as limited as he looked but he did look like someone who had the ability to stay at the crease. Something that has been missing in Pak batsmen.
I do not think that is the case anymore. Asad Shafique, Azhar Ali and Umar Amin have all displayed the willingness and desire to grind it out in the middle.

smash84

The Tiger King
I do not think that is the case anymore. Asad Shafique, Azhar Ali and Umar Amin have all displayed the willingness and desire to grind it out in the middle.
Umar Amin???? He can only play 47 ball ducks and not much more. Azhar Ali looks a little solid though. Asad Shafique also has a big question mark over him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha yeah he did look bad but his performances weren't that bad (not saying averaging under 30 is good, but he wasn't a joke) and consecutive hundreds for Pak A should be worth something. Seems to have some qualities a lot of other Pakistani batsmen don't. That said, Fawad Alam should be first, second, third, and fourth with daylight fifth when it comes to the pecking order of batsmen outside the team.

Blaze 18

Banned
Umar Amin???? He can only play 47 ball ducks and not much more. Azhar Ali looks a little solid though. Asad Shafique also has a big question mark over him.
I liked whatever I saw of Umar Amin; I reckon he has a bright future ahead of him. Same goes for Azhar Ali and Asad Shafique.

Blaze 18

Banned
Haha yeah he did look bad but his performances weren't that bad (not saying averaging under 30 is good, but he wasn't a joke) and consecutive hundreds for Pak A should be worth something. Seems to have some qualities a lot of other Pakistani batsmen don't. That said, Fawad Alam should be first, second, third, and fourth with daylight fifth when it comes to the pecking order of batsmen outside the team.
Yes, Fawad Alam is a good player. He may not be as "talented" as Umar Akmal, but I would take the former over the latter every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Mohammad Hafeez and Taufeeq Umar have done a fair job as openers; they have to be persisted with for the time being. The middle order looks okay : Azhar Ali, Younis Khan and Asad Shafiq.

I just hope PCB keep the likes of Imran Farhat, Kamran Akmal and Mohammad Sami as far away from the national side as possible.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I Have been saying this for a long time now.. Taufeeq Umar is a tried and tested failure..

I would much rather play Khurram Manzoor or Nasir Jamshed. Agreed they are not great but they deserve chances at least instead of failures like Taufeeq Umar and Imran Farhat

Xuhaib

International Coach
Don't rate Manzoor though he's not terrible in Farhat league,worth having a go once the inevitable Hafeez failures start.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't rate Manzoor though he's not terrible in Farhat league,worth having a go once the inevitable Hafeez failures start.
Any idea about Asim Kamal, I thought he played very well against India and South Africa. shame he is not part of Pak's plans these days.

Blaze 18

Banned
Yes, Asim Kamal looked impressive in the ten-twelve matches he played. I am not sure why he was dropped, but I hear he has been poor in domestic cricket.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Asim Kamal was not one of Inzi's pet boys also once dropped he never showed any sort of form that would merit hit return to the team.

Faisal1985

Asim Kamal was not one of Inzi's pet boys also once dropped he never showed any sort of form that would merit hit return to the team.
Inzi has ruined so many youngsters just because he wanted his pets in the team...terrible captain imo.

Faisal1985

The value of the ICC's Test rankings might be debatable but a quick glance makes one immediate impression: the world of Test cricket is two divisions in one. Pakistan are in the second tier, an unhealthy distance adrift of Australia who prop up the top teams. That Pakistan haven't hit the bottom of the pile, however, is a wonder in itself. Even in the severest adversity, mostly self-afflicted, Pakistan have been able to pull off a surprise win or commendable draw.

The South Africa series is a case in point. Despite the loss of leading players, the one-day series was a thriller right up to the moment that Zulqarnain Haider fled to England. The deciding match was a disappointment but Pakistan's nerves were clearly frazzled by the sudden controversy. In that context, and compounded by injuries to Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Yousuf, Pakistan looked set for an absolute battering in the Test series.

Typically, expectation and reality were distant cousins. Much to everybody's surprise Pakistan batted with grit, sound technique, and occasional aggression. It was a method that hadn't been exhibited by Pakistan for quite some time. What prompted it is unclear? But a drawn series in Dubai and Abu Dhabi was a minor triumph for Pakistan cricket, although both teams were more defensive in the Test series than they needed to be.

The shining star for Pakistan was Azhar Ali, who added to the concentration and technique that he had demonstrated in England this summer with some positive strokeplay. Whereas Azhar had looked somewhat limited in England, he flourished in the United Arab Emirates. A player of solid temperament and technique has been a rare commodity in Pakistan cricket, and Azhar needs to build on this encouraging start to his Test career.

Further encouragement came in the shape of Asad Shafiq's debut half-century. Asad is composed and well organised at the crease, another throwback to the art of proper batsmanship. While Umar Akmal might be more talented than both Azhar and Asad, Pakistan's wastrel has something to learn from his junior colleagues in the way that they applied themselves. If he can do that, Younis Khan and Misbah-ul Haq--who both confirmed that they still have miles in the tank--will have the opportunity to oversee the development of a new middle-order for Pakistan.

Clearly the batsmen had it easy here but pressure can undo a batsman on the easiest of tracks--and Pakistan's batsmen were invariably under pressure. A sterner test will follow in New Zealand but it is a pleasant surprise to be discussing some postives from Pakistan's batting performances.

But just as we see some green shots among the batsmen, Pakistan's bowling is in dire trouble especially in Test cricket. New Zealand will be a fairer examination of the bowlers too but without Mohammed Aamer and Mohammed Asif Pakistan's bowling carries little guile or penetration.
Remember the Amir exploits against NZ top order in the last series....so sad he will not be part of it this time around.