Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I think itís the right move. Iím wary of Younis because of the way he twice turned down the captaincy before. However, heís obviously the best candidate for the job as Malik just doesnít seem to be captaincy material. Iíd loathe the appointment of someone like Afridi to the post. Iíll just hope against hope that Younis will get the support and stability he needs to succeed at the job.
    Yaar this is a very poor side I don't think changing of a skipper will have as big an effect as every one is expecting and from what I have seen Younis is also quite ordinary in terms of on-field leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Yaar this is a very poor side I don't think changing of a skipper will have as big an effect as every one is expecting and from what I have seen Younis is also quite ordinary in terms of on-field leadership.
    I donít disagree at all. But Younis to me is still the best candidate from a very weak pool. I donít expect his appointment to do any wonders. The best I can expect is stability at the Captaincy position so the team can focus on the million other areas that need improvement.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    I take this as good news. Poor side or not, a good captain can bring out the best in his team. Younis can be a better captain than Inzi was IMO, so I'm glad he's finally decided to try it out.
    RIP Craigos

One of the comments on cricinfo summed up the situation best: The problem is not with the driver but with the car or its engine.

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Why does every article containing "PCB" read like it was written for The Onion?

I hope Malik is not dropped from the test squad I genuinely believe he has the talent to average 40+ in tests.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Very good move and i hope that YK decides to move down the order in ODI to 4 and let Malik bat at 3, where he belongs and where he is more likely to be his attacking self.

I hope PCB decides on shoaib issue too and be brave enough to keep him out and bring back Yasir who just took 7 in an inning couple of days ago, a genuine allrounder and also keep Sohail tanveer Out of test squad for either Sohail Khan or Talha to have a genuine quickie in squad and not someone like tanveer.

Pakistani Test Pace Bowling looks a lot better with Umar Gul, Arafat and Talha/Sohail Khan than Gul, Tanveer and Rao.

Lets see if YK persists with Kamran, i have a feeling he is going to as with already weak batting i dont think he is going to be brave enough to over look Kamran's batting ability, But if he does than it wouldnt be a bad move and this past season the replacement Sarfraz in ASIA cup have scored couple of good knocks in Quaid-e-azam trophy and in one game scored good odd runs against Sohail khan.

at top i really wouldnt mind seeing that aggressive opener who played few ODI's last year to open the batting, yes he is very flashy but i would ruthar have someone who can get few runs and get out after providing some momentum than someone who looked as scratchy as Khuram manzoor.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

This is funny nonetheless, didn't the PCB extend Malik' tenure as captain recently, though no doubt Younis should prove to be a better captain, but since this is Pakistan cricket we are talking about, i am not ruling out Younis saying 2 days before a series that he isn't ready to be a captain the side, and Afridi eventually ending up with the captaincy!!!

R_D
    I think the best move PCB made in long time...... Never got it why Younis never accepted the captaincy offer when intially offered. He's probaly the best candidate out of the lot.
    All the best to him.

Weird how Younis is suddenly so enthusiastic to be captain, considering he's turned it down twice.

Younis is one of my favourite characters in cricket, but you've gotta think he's been offered something more than simply being captain again.

That, or he knows he'll have an easy job considering Pakistan barely play test cricket
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

That, or some of those whom he doesn't get on with may not be picked...

Hopefully his stint with SA has done him wonders.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

it is a good move but i think they need to clean up and build the team again.. i mean it is time for guys like kamran akmal, afridi, shoaib akhter, and afew others to go...

i also think that.. since india didn't tour pakistan.. pakistan should break all cricketing relationships with them.. that means no IPL and ICL.. they should bring yousuf and razzaq back... they have afew years of cricket left on them.. they should give them a chance to play untill other young cricketers are ready to take over..

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    it is a good move but i think they need to clean up and build the team again.. i mean it is time for guys like kamran akmal, afridi, shoaib akhter, and afew others to go...

i also think that.. since india didn't tour pakistan.. pakistan should break all cricketing relationships with them.. that means no IPL and ICL.. they should bring yousuf and razzaq back... they have afew years of cricket left on them.. they should give them a chance to play untill other young cricketers are ready to take over..
    Talk about an over-reaction!

here another shocker

Cricinfo - Mianded quits as PCB director

here is the bright side now.. faisal Iqbal won't be playing in test matches,,

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information