Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 782
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

  1. #226
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,478
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Miandad slams hasty ICC…

    Cricinfo - Miandad slams 'hasty' ICC decision

    Miandad's comments come days after the Pakistani government bowed to Taliban militants in northwest Pakistan by allowing Sharia Law in the Swat Valley and according to the BBC, the Taliban are now a mere 62 miles away from the Pakistani capital, Islamabad.
    Miandad is an idiot. I can’t fathom how ANYONE associated with Pakistan can protest the decision to move the WC. Let’s just move on, with what little dignity we have left.

  2. #227
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Miandad is an idiot. I can’t fathom how ANYONE associated with Pakistan can protest the decision to move the WC. Let’s just move on, with what little dignity we have left.
    I think Miandad is correct. He is a visionary.

    Look at it like this.

    The World Cup is about a year away.

    In about half that time, Taliban will have taken control of Pakistan.

    In the six months still to go from then, the Taliban would have killed or put in jail all opposition (if any) to themselves who can come out to the streets and even put up a placard of protest let alone indulge in violence.

    So by the time, the WC 2010 comes around, Pakistan will be completely rid of extremist violence since the Govt's violence would have conquered all. It will be the most peaceful place on earth.

    All the ICC needs to do is to get the Taliban to accept cricket as non-Western sport. The fact that it has not come from America is a point in its favour. Now with the links with England tenuous at best and with the ICC head quarters in Dubai things are moving in the right direction.

    ICC should appoint Miandad as its advisor on how to get the Taliban on the side of cricket. Maybe a treaty with them would be a good idea. It is the prefered way of dealing with the Taliban in this part of the world anyway. Let them run things and just sit back and pray.

    If we can put the future of a country and 150 million people in their hands, whats a mere sport. Lets do it.

  3. #228
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    The PCB women's wing was hit by a controversy when an official was suspended because of sexual misconduct.

    PCB women's wing chairperson, Shireen Javed has suspended a senior official who has in an audio recording accused her and Ayesha Ashar, the manager of the national women's team of making sexual advances towards team members.

    In the audio recording released on You Tube, Azra Parveen, the consultant of the PCB women's wing, has alleged that Ayesha Ashar has a bad character and in the past has also been involved in illicit activities for which she was banned from the famous Kinnaird college in Lahore.

    Parveen says that Shireen does not want to remove her (Ayesha) despite her background because of their "relationship." "She (Ayesha) is associated with hockey and was caught red handed with other girls in the hostel and the Kinnard college principle barred her entry from the college. She is also barred from Lahore college," Parveen alleges in the audio recording.

    Parveen is heard telling someone (a supposedly media person) to print a story without identifying her about the tendencies of Shireen Javed and Ayesha Ashar that they allegedly made advances towards other players in the Pakistan team in the recent World Cup in Australia.

    Parveen also tells the person that Ashar should not be allowed to remain manager as she is a very corrupt person and that former Test captain, Javed Miandad who looks after the women's wing, should take action. Ironically she also refers to the fact that Shireen Javed is the "Bhabhi" (sister-in-law) of PCB Chairman, Ejaz Butt and they are not willing to listen to her complaints.

    Shireen Javed in response to the audio tape release has suspended Azra Parveen and now claims that the tape was doctored to defame Pakistan women's cricket wing.

    Shireen has said that a full scale inquiry would be held into the incident which had brought shame on Pakistan cricket.

    A source close to Miandad, who is in Dubai, said the former captain had even refused to get involved in the matter as he was embarrassed by the points raised by Parveez in the audio tape.

    Despite all the controversy, Shireen Javed has refused to remove Ashar as Pakistan team manager and has named her as the team manager of the women's team for the Twenty20 World Cup in England.
    http://espnstar.com/cricket/interna...omen%27s-wing-/

  4. #229
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I think Miandad is correct. He is a visionary.

    Look at it like this.

    The World Cup is about a year away.

    In about half that time, Taliban will have taken control of Pakistan.

    In the six months still to go from then, the Taliban would have killed or put in jail all opposition (if any) to themselves who can come out to the streets and even put up a placard of protest let alone indulge in violence.

    So by the time, the WC 2010 comes around, Pakistan will be completely rid of extremist violence since the Govt's violence would have conquered all. It will be the most peaceful place on earth.

    All the ICC needs to do is to get the Taliban to accept cricket as non-Western sport. The fact that it has not come from America is a point in its favour. Now with the links with England tenuous at best and with the ICC head quarters in Dubai things are moving in the right direction.

    ICC should appoint Miandad as its advisor on how to get the Taliban on the side of cricket. Maybe a treaty with them would be a good idea. It is the prefered way of dealing with the Taliban in this part of the world anyway. Let them run things and just sit back and pray.

    If we can put the future of a country and 150 million people in their hands, whats a mere sport. Lets do it.
    I don't know if you were being facetious, but the headline this morning is that: Pakistan in danger of falling to Taliban
    (It isn't an isolated headline either, see statements of both Gen Petraeus and Hillary Clinton.)

    A few short months ago, we had a certain purporting-to-be-well-informed member at the prospects of the Taliban in Swat valley. Nobody's laughing now.

    As for Mr Miandad, on this particular topic, he ought to be taken very seriously. In the subcontinent, the "my relative's relative" stuff rules. And he is connected to the jehad-terror-crime nexus very directly and at the highest levels possible.


  5. #230
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,264
    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    I don't know if you were being facetious, .
    You can't tell ????

  6. #231
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    I don't know if you were being facetious, but the headline this morning is that: Pakistan in danger of falling to Taliban
    (It isn't an isolated headline either, see statements of both Gen Petraeus and Hillary Clinton.)

    A few short months ago, we had a certain purporting-to-be-well-informed member at the prospects of the Taliban in Swat valley. Nobody's laughing now.

    As for Mr Miandad, on this particular topic, he ought to be taken very seriously. In the subcontinent, the "my relative's relative" stuff rules. And he is connected to the jehad-terror-crime nexus very directly and at the highest levels possible.
    It was more a strategic decision rather then surrendering to talibans. The army was stretched it was involved in fierce fighting at Bajur, there was this tension with India so presence of troops was needed on the eastern border so they were looking to shut down atleast one avenue so thats why they choose to sign a peace deal with Taliban at that moment for Swat. The recent operation in Dir shows what are the intentions of the army.

  7. #232
    State Vice-Captain sirdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney(currently)
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    It was more a strategic decision rather then surrendering to talibans. The army was stretched it was involved in fierce fighting at Bajur, there was this tension with India so presence of troops was needed on the eastern border so they were looking to shut down atleast one avenue so thats why they choose to sign a peace deal with Taliban at that moment for Swat. The recent operation in Dir shows what are the intentions of the army.
    Although this will take the conversation into areas that is not in the scope of cricket but it is outright ridiculous that they chose to make a peace deal with the Taliban rather than a peace deal with India!! Are these the right priorities?? India would have been pretty ready to back off...so that Pakistan deal with the Talibans....but Pakistan thinks that its more important to have this stupid pissing competition with India instead.

  8. #233
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,478
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    Although this will take the conversation into areas that is not in the scope of cricket but it is outright ridiculous that they chose to make a peace deal with the Taliban rather than a peace deal with India!! Are these the right priorities?? India would have been pretty ready to back off...so that Pakistan deal with the Talibans....but Pakistan thinks that its more important to have this stupid pissing competition with India instead.
    Either you are totally clueless about what constitutes “peace” between India/Pakistan, or just wanted to throw in another stupid jab towards Pakistan.

    We all know that this topic will blow up and result in another locked thread. I humbly request everyone to stick with cricket matters only, as much as possible.

  9. #234
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230

  10. #235
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    AFP: Miandad blames conspiracy for Pakistan isolation

    The cricket star believes a conspiracy was hatched in 2001 when teams started to refuse tours to Pakistan.
    "First it was the West Indies, then Australia," said Miandad of the two teams who forced Pakistan to play at neutral venues in 2002.
    "There are some groups with a monopoly and they are playing the game. Today it is Pakistan, tomorrow it could be some other country. I am sad that the Asian counties did not back Pakistan and think that they can also face the same situation one day."


    "We did a wonderful job by staging a safe Test in Karachi but unfortunately things went wrong in Lahore. The same thing happened in Mumbai, India, but England did not have problems on touring,"



    Miandad should try standup comedy, I am sure he will make a good career in it with such sense of humor.

  11. #236
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Miandad

  12. #237
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,478
    I repeat: Miandad is an idiot.

  13. #238
    Cricket Spectator SCIENTIST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9
    Miandad..great cricketer but poor manager/coach and public speaker. We have to face it that Pakistan will not see international cricket in Pakistan for at least 2-3 years. They need to find a good base, be it in Dubai or Abu Dhabi and look towards the future. This means kicking out dead wood such as Akhtar and bring in some new pace bowlers.

  14. #239
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by SCIENTIST View Post
    This means kicking out dead wood such as Akhtar and bring in some new pace bowlers.
    I dont understand why Akhtar has to always come in these discussions. It is just annoying to hear it over and over again.

  15. #240
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I repeat: Miandad is an idiot.
    No. Sreesanth and Symonds are idiots. You cannot classify people who associate with pure evil in the same category. They're costing you your cricket and your country.

Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket Coach 2009 - Help wanted - New logo
    By Oli Norwell in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 03:53 AM
  2. Night cricket?
    By AlanJLegend in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 04:00 AM
  3. Any new cricket games coming out on ps2??
    By dezza1994 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 03:36 AM
  4. Welcome Mathew Sinclair to Cricket Web!
    By James in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-01-2009, 06:47 PM
  5. Best Cricket Sledges - PLZ READ
    By matts20891 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •