• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Xuhaib

International Coach
Isn't that the point though ? Of all the Test playing nations Pakistan has arguably the worst domestic structure and even that is marred by nepotism.
That impression has been creatd by that moron known by the name "Imran Khan" yeah its not as properly managed as Sheffield Shield or County cricket but its probably not far behind then some of the other countries.

pasag

RTDAS
Anyway it is great that an arrangement has been made and that Pakistan will play Tests in England. So does this mean a) the PCB will have a say over pitch conditions, to a certain extent (I'm sure the head groundsman at either Test venue will tell the PCB what is and what isn't possible pitch wise); and b) English umpires will be allowed to umpire at home since it isn't a 'home' Test and England are not playing?
Can't see a) happening though it would be a good idea because as it stands Aus will have advantage with experience on the conditions having only played there less than a year before. Obviously English upmires would be allowed.

Craig

World Traveller
Can't see a) happening though it would be a good idea because as it stands Aus will have advantage with experience on the conditions having only played there less than a year before. Obviously English upmires would be allowed.
Well a lot of members of Pakistan's Test team that have a lot of experience in English conditions from playing a lot of County cricket (Younis Khan has played for Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire, so he has experience at Headingly and Trent Bridge). I'm throwing in guys who played in their last Test series against Sri Lanka, the aforementioned Khan, Umar Gul (can't believe he is just 25 :-O), Danish Kaneria, Shoaib Malik have all played CC. Guys like Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt, and the late bloomer Misbah-ul-Haq haven't played CC. Yasir Arafat who has three Tests to his name, he has also played for Sussex as well. Heck even Shahid Afridi (shouldn't be near the Test team IMO), Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif have all played CC (in the case of the first two, a lot). And I'm not forgetting ex-ICL players like Mohammad Yousef who has played CC for Lancashire (I'm not sure if Naved-ul-Hasan is back or not). Guess what I'm trying to say is that if the PCB didn't have a say, then there are plenty of Pakistani players who have experience in English conditions, so I think they will be fine.

But in saying that, I agree, I think the PCB should have a say since it is their "home" Test series, but I don't think you can turn Headingly (where they should play at least one Test, they would be bonkers if they didn't) into a sub continent type wicket for example. The same applies to any of the Test grounds. Maybe you can, but I have no idea as I'm not a groundsman.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well a lot of members of Pakistan's Test team that have a lot of experience in English conditions from playing a lot of County cricket (Younis Khan has played for Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire, so he has experience at Headingly and Trent Bridge). I'm throwing in guys who played in their last Test series against Sri Lanka, the aforementioned Khan, Umar Gul (can't believe he is just 25 :-O), Danish Kaneria, Shoaib Malik have all played CC. Guys like Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt, and the late bloomer Misbah-ul-Haq haven't played CC. Yasir Arafat who has three Tests to his name, he has also played for Sussex as well. Heck even Shahid Afridi (shouldn't be near the Test team IMO), Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif have all played CC (in the case of the first two, a lot). And I'm not forgetting ex-ICL players like Mohammad Yousef who has played CC for Lancashire (I'm not sure if Naved-ul-Hasan is back or not). Guess what I'm trying to say is that if the PCB didn't have a say, then there are plenty of Pakistani players who have experience in English conditions, so I think they will be fine.

But in saying that, I agree, I think the PCB should have a say since it is their "home" Test series, but I don't think you can turn Headingly (where they should play at least one Test, they would be bonkers if they didn't) into a sub continent type wicket for example. The same applies to any of the Test grounds. Maybe you can, but I have no idea as I'm not a groundsman.
too add to all this county exp Pakistan will be coming on the back of 4 test matches it plays with England earlier in the summer.:p

Xuhaib

International Coach
Some real drama currently on Geo Sallauddin the past selector quoting Koran and totally ripping in to Bari the new selector, on live telly he called him 'Bari jhootay teray mou pay laanat' :laugh:

Fusion

Global Moderator
yea but Bari is still there the rumour is YK want full control on selection of team so it will be just YK, with Inti and Bari just as puppets.
If it turns out that way, then YK would be the most powerful Captain of Pakistan since the other famous Khan.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
If it turns out that way, then YK would be the most powerful Captain of Pakistan since the other famous Khan.
I must say Inzi had a big say in selection matters when he was captain as well.............

But i can't say if its a bad thing or a good thing considering YK's ability to see something in a player i kinda lean towards not so good thing........

Craig

World Traveller
Some real drama currently on Geo Sallauddin the past selector quoting Koran and totally ripping in to Bari the new selector, on live telly he called him 'Bari jhootay teray mou pay laanat' :laugh:
No speak Urdu here, translate please?