Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

AFP: Pakistan's Miandad to visit China

Pakistan's Miandad to visit China

1 day ago
    ISLAMABAD (AFP) — Former Pakistan great Javed Miandad will next month tour China as a cricket ambassador to promote the emerging game in the sports-mad Asian giant.
    "As part of Pakistan's support plan to promote the game of cricket in China, we have decided to send Miandad to China so that he can explore ways to help lift the game in that country," said a sports ministry official, Ashraf Khan.
    President Asif Ali Zardari, who is patron-in-chief of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), appointed Miandad as cricket ambassador to China in December.
    Miandad, 51, will tour China from March 9 to 15.
    "I have high hopes of China competing at a top level very soon because the feedback I have is that they have potential and can excel in the field of cricket, like they did in other sports," Miandad told reporters.
    Pakistan has previously provided assistance to China, such as training and coaching facilities, to prepare its national cricket team.
    Former Pakistan player Rashid Khan is China's national cricket coach and guided their female team to the semi-final of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) women's tournament in Malaysia last year.
    An affiliate member of the ACC and the International Cricket Council (ICC) since 2004, China won the ICC global development award for the region in 2005.
    The Chinese government has made efforts to make cricket a mandatory sport and plans to make China a top-tier team by 2020.
    The country is ready to embrace Twenty20 cricket as one of five new sports it will debut at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou.
    Miandad said he will first assess the facilities.
    "I would like to see what infrastructure is there and then make a plan to help them progress," said Miandad, who played 124 Tests for Pakistan.
    Miandad last week resigned as PCB director general, protesting over the limited scope of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    no worries bro.. i stoped argueing with people like him... if you notice he was the one who started insulting me

.. i was expressing my opinion with all respect ..but anyways..no worries.. it wont happen..
    You mean you were spreading lies with all respect.

Cricket Spectator
    Misbah is also best choice for Pakistan.

Cricinfo - Big wins for SNGPL, NBP and Rawalpindi

Banned icl players are playing in this tournmnet also due to recent decision by sind High court

the noteable once are Abdul Razzaq and Rana navid ul Hasan

Razzaq got three wickets and also scored 98 runs

Navid hit 110 of only 104 balls also got two wicket... maybe this will open the PCB's eyes..

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    ^^ i hope PCB doesnt act witha knee jerk reaction to performance of Razzaq and naveed. i have been a big supporter of Arafaat and for over two yearas have belived that he is a better option than Razaaq in test cricket in particular. Pak has been lacking a bowling all rounder in test matches and Arafat is the best option for Pak...he has recently done very well in past few weeks and deserves a coupe of full seasons to show what he has got.

I think both Razaaq and Naveed are past their expiry date...no doubt they are good enough to hit 30 balls 50's couple of times in first class cricket or even in International cricket after given ample chances, But they are NOT Pak's future, Arafat IS.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Banned
    wow afridi to be selected for the test side

International 12th Man
    This is getting very tiresome.

He very well knew the rules going into this, especially since there was a fiasco specifically involving him a year before as well. He cant have his cake and eat it too, since no one in IPL bid on him.

i kinda agree with what yousuf is saying to some extent.. but again i don't want to start this me bashing BCCI again..

here is a bothering news for BCCI

Cricinfo - Pakistan clears last six ICL players

i bet BCCI is going nuts now..

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    why would bcci would worry about it now??? isnt ICL in financial ruin now?

The nature of our cricketing neighbor is such that they would not directly say anything
    about it but they will go to other boards and tell them to demand Pak to not to play
    ICL players when they Play with those countries...talk about Baghal Main chuuri Moun pay Raam Raam

It will be very interesting to see Pak opening in T20 WC this year with Nazir in side...that will piss a lot of people in BCCI

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post

The nature of our cricketing neighbor is such that they would not directly say anything
    about it but they will go to other boards and tell them to demand Pak to not to play
    ICL players when they Play with those countries...talk about Baghal Main chuuri Moun pay Raam Raam

It will be very interesting to see Pak opening in T20 WC this year with Nazir in side...that will piss a lot of people in BCCI
    that is what i wanted to tell in my previous posts.. if BCCI wants.. tours will happen in pakistan..as simple as it is.. BCCI doesn't want any matches played in pakistan..

that is what i wanted to tell in my previous posts.. if BCCI wants.. tours will happen in pakistan..as simple as it is.. BCCI doesn't want any matches played in pakistan..
    Harron why would the BCCI want to isolate Pakistan? BCCI and PCB have traditionally had good relationships. Letís say that, for the first time, strained relations between the two countries have also affected cricketing ties between the two boards. Even then, the most BCCI would do is not tour Pakistan itself. You really think they would actively seek to destroy Pakistan cricket? Thatís rather harsh thinking considering that theyíve done no such thing in the past to arrive at this opinion.

Some of the stuff being said in this thread about BCCI is outright ridiculous. Anyone with a slice of brain in his head will ask himself few question before posting provocative and insulting nonsense.

Why would BCCI want to harm Pakistan Cricket esp when a. they jointly host the WC and b. relationship between the two boards remain cordial, c. relationship between the players from both sides has never been better. Pakistan Cricket is being harmed by its own people, be it players, officials, politicians and to some extent fans.

Not a surprise though, Like they do for every other problem, blame India/Others for their problem, look at the other side.

BCCI's reaction isn't limited to Pakistani players though, is it ? And they have been fairly vocal about not allowing ICL players in the mainstream cricket regardless of their national origin, dont know how you missed that. But again reading such things continues to prove that my old folks were talking from experience and I should have listened to their advice. Oh well, better late than never.

So you are more interested in BCCI reaction than your own team's performance. With fans like you it is not a surprise that Pakistan Cricket is in such a poor state. That said, it is still to be seen if PCB decides to select Nazir for the T20 team.

International 12th Man

It's the rules that all the cricket associations agreed to, a long time before there even was an ICL. I.e. players who want to represent their countries in ICC-sanctioned international games CANNOT participate in cricket leagues or tournaments that are NOT recognized by the host cricket board. This has been invoked for the WSC and for the rebel tours to apartheid SA.

BCCI, whatever else it may have done before or after, has done nothing underhanded here. It has simply not recognized the ICL, as it operates its own league (and Lalit Modi had proposed exactly such a league before ICL or IPL came into being).

There was some confusion initially in 2007, but none in 2008 when Mohammad Yousuf joined it. It is ridiculous of him to make these kinds of statements. He was just greedy for money then, and now that money is drying up, wants to wiggle out. Would be a travesty if he is allowed to break the rules.

You can leave your BCCI baiting out of this, as well.

International 12th Man
    i kinda agree with what yousuf is saying to some extent.. but again i don't want to start this me bashing BCCI again..

here is a bothering news for BCCI

Cricinfo - Pakistan clears last six ICL players

i bet BCCI is going nuts now..
    Why should it? The ICC rule applies to players in International fixtures. ICL players have played county cricket and the rule and precedent for domestic fixtures have been cleared up there.

Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information