Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    What has an IPL ban got to do with Aussie tour or with any other International tour ? Gavaskar or IPL do not have the right to restrict Asif from playing, PCB does and guess what 'We can do no wrong' PCB did ? They decided against banning the guy.

If you are going to post crap fine, but at least do not flip flop after people question you. You definitely meant to criticize the ban and also took another swipe at calling name to Gavaskar.
    when i said that he will tour Aus.. i meant to say that pakistan is schueduled to tour Aus in December of this year.. by then he is free to play..which is wrong.. a year ban and considering that half of it is gone doesn't justify what he commited..

if you read my preivous post.. i have said that i am not happy with this ban and i am calling it stupied for that reason.. i am saying it again.. he should have been ban more than a year..

Gavasker's case is different.. i just felt like how someone of his charactor can do justice considering his personality and believes.. now whatever you wana make out of this is your take..and views..

Banned
    What has an IPL ban got to do with Aussie tour or with any other International tour ? Gavaskar or IPL do not have the right to restrict Asif from playing, PCB does and guess what 'We can do no wrong' PCB did ? They decided against banning the guy.

If you are going to post crap fine, but at least do not flip flop after people question you. You definitely meant to criticize the ban and also took another swipe at calling name to Gavaskar.
    PCB's decision is yet to be made, the enquiry is under way.

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    when i said that he will tour Aus.. i meant to say that pakistan is schueduled to tour Aus in December of this year.. by then he is free to play..which is wrong.. a year ban and considering that half of it is gone doesn't justify what he commited.
    IPL ban has no effect on any other tour except IPL itself. Whether he plays against the Aussies or anyone else has to be decided by PCB. If Australia tours now, Asif is free to play if PCB picks him.

if you read my preivous post.. i have said that i am not happy with this ban and i am calling it stupied for that reason.. i am saying it again.. he should have been ban more than a year..
    That is a call PCB has to make.

Gavasker's case is different.. i just felt like how someone of his charactor can do justice considering his personality and believes.. now whatever you wana make out of this is your take..and views..
    So are you suggesting that he didn't do justice to Asif by handing out a 1 year ban ? Just so you know Gavaskar wasn't the only one in the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    PCB's decision is yet to be made, the enquiry is under way.
    Maybe True. I read this report though :-

No PCB ban for Asif- Hindustan Times

Ijaz Butt :-

“Asif was banned from all cricket activities after he tested positive for nandrolone and it was decided that he would be barred from any activity related with PCB, ICC or ICC members until a final decision was reached. We are happy the IPL has come out with its verdict and we will consider him for selection as soon as he finishes the ban period,” Butt said.
    “It was the IPL’s call to decide Asif’s fate. We can’t punish Asif twice for the same mistake.”

So are you suggesting that he didn't do justice to Asif by handing out a 1 year ban ? Just so you know Gavaskar wasn't the only one in the panel.
    noo .. i just think it is not fair to have Gavasker to judge players behavior considering his personality and the history of his behavior..

Maybe True. I read this report though :-

No PCB ban for Asif- Hindustan Times

Ijaz Butt :-

“Asif was banned from all cricket activities after he tested positive for nandrolone and it was decided that he would be barred from any activity related with PCB, ICC or ICC members until a final decision was reached. We are happy the IPL has come out with its verdict and we will consider him for selection as soon as he finishes the ban period,” Butt said.
    “It was the IPL’s call to decide Asif’s fate. We can’t punish Asif twice for the same mistake.”
    well that is what i assumed after i read the ban of IPL.. PCB isn't going to take further action so he is free to play cricket after september.. and considering the atitude of PCB from that news.. it seems like he will get selected for Aus tour in December..

noo .. i just think it is not fair to have Gavasker to judge players behavior considering his personality and the history of his behavior...
    So what is his personality and do let us know the history of his behaviour.

Besides he was not judging Asif's behaviour, He (along with other members of the tribunal) was merely announcing the ban. Besides If anyone has a problem with Gavaskar , then they should stay away from Indian Cricket in any form because Gavaskar is a huge part of Indian Cricket and argubly the Greatest Indian Sportsman (not just cricketer).

So what is his personality and do let us know the history of his behaviour.

Besides he was not judging Asif's behaviour, He (along with other members of the tribunal) was merely announcing the ban. Besides If anyone has a problem with Gavaskar , then they should stay away from Indian Cricket in any form because Gavaskar is a huge part of Indian Cricket and argubly the Greatest Indian Sportsman (not just cricketer).
    i think you r insulting the Indian cricket and sports by saying he is the greatest sportsman in the history of Indian sport..it is all good.. but just to let you know it isn't good to associate your countries sport with such characters as sunil gavaskar..

i was trying to find some of his racial comments that once someone posted in one of the topics. these racial and obnoxious words were used against West indies players .. i can refer to one of them when he called them that they deserve to be in jungles since they are not civilized..these things all prove how narrow minded he is and has no respect for other players... then how can he be the greatest sportsman when he doesn't have the decency to show the same sportsmanship to west indies players.. oh wait because they are not indian.. or maybe different skin color..

i recall this match where i believe is a case of under performance that one can make.. it was 1975 against England and he scored 36 in 174 deliveries..

Cricinfo - 1st Match: England v India at Lord's, Jun 7, 1975

Rumors have it that sunil wasn't happy with Srinivas Venkataraghavan being the captain and he under performed.. so much for calling him the greatest sportsmanship..

this could be a rumor but again that is the only logical explanation and reason one can come up with..

afew years after that world cup in 80s he was accused of defecting world series cup and lost the captaincy to Srinivas Venkataraghavan.. because of that..

for people who are forgetting.. there was an incident in Melbourne Cricket Ground around around 80s.. when he was given out by umpire and he walked away and leaving the cricket ground with other batsman in protest..

and many other controversies that i can't remember right now..these all prove that he has never been a good sportsman.. maybe you think that way because you approve of such acts..i personally don't..

before u jump on me.. i want to make this clear that some of the pakistani cricketers and Aus have been my favorite cricketers.. and i never rate them one of the greatest sportmans in the game despite being good players.. for the same conterversial reasons..

I am a big fan of Tony Graig when it comes to commentating and i always listen to his show in cricinfo.com.. one of the main problems that i have with Tony is that he sometimes criticize players on their off field and on field activities .. that never sounded appealing to me because if we go back and check.. he himself had the same problems when he was playing cricket..so it doesn't sound fair..
    Last edited by haroon510; 12-02-2009 at 04:22 PM.

i think you r insulting the Indian cricket and sports by saying he is the greatest sportsman in the history of Indian sport..it is all good.. but just to let you know it isn't good to associate your countries sport with such characters as sunil gavaskar....
    What Nonsense is this ?

i was trying to find some of his racial comments that once someone posted in one of the topics. these racial and obnoxious words were used against West indies players .. i can refer to one of them when he called them that they deserve to be in jungles since they are not civilized..these things all prove how narrow minded he is and has no respect for other players... then how can he be the greatest sportsman when he doesn't have the decency to show the same sportsmanship to west indies players.. oh wait because they are not indian.. or maybe different skin color....
    Little knowledge is a very dangerous thing. Please do read the context of what was said and about whom.

Cricinfo - Gavaskar's double role

i recall this match where i believe is a case of under performance that one can make.. it was 1975 against England and he scored 36 in 174 deliveries..

Rumors have it that sunil wasn't happy with Srinivas Venkataraghavan being the captain and he under performed.. so much for calling him the greatest sportsmanship..

this could be a rumor but again that is the only logical explanation and reason one can come up with..

afew years after that world cup in 80s he was accused of defecting world series cup and lost the captaincy to Srinivas Venkataraghavan.. because of that..
    So I have to believe those rumours now as opposed to someone who represented India for almost 20 years and had an outstanding record as a cricketer.

for people who are forgetting.. there was an incident in Melbourne Cricket Ground around around 80s.. when he was given out by umpire and he walked away and leaving the cricket ground with other batsman in protest..
    Another misinformation. He wasn't protesting the umpire but what was said to him afterwords, not acceptable but hardly something that diminishes his career.

I am a big fan of Tony Graig when it comes to commentating and i always listen to his show in cricinfo.com.. one of the main problems that i have with Tony is that he sometimes criticize players on their off field and on field activities .. that never sounded appealing to me because if we go back and check.. he himself had the same problems when he was playing cricket..so it doesn't sound fair..
    So Gavaskar is a Racist and you are a fan of Tony Grieg.

before u jump on me.. i want to make this clear that some of the pakistani cricketers and Aus have been my favorite cricketers.. and i never rate them one of the greatest sportmans in the game despite being good players.. for the same conterversial reasons..
    So You dont think Imran was the greatest sportsman from Pakistan ?

i think you r insulting the Indian cricket and sports by saying he is the greatest sportsman in the history of Indian sport..it is all good.. but just to let you know it isn't good to associate your countries sport with such characters as sunil gavaskar..
    As much as you would like to rant and troll about Gavaskar, fact remains that he is a highly respected sportsman in India. But I guess someone with your warped mind is just too thick to comprehend this fact.

i was trying to find some of his racial comments that once someone posted in one of the topics. these racial and obnoxious words were used against West indies players .. i can refer to one of them when he called them that they deserve to be in jungles since they are not civilized..these things all prove how narrow minded he is and has no respect for other players... then how can he be the greatest sportsman when he doesn't have the decency to show the same sportsmanship to west indies players.. oh wait because they are not indian.. or maybe different skin color..
    You confirm your idiocy by the above statement. Those words were used against the West Indies crowd and not the players. Crowd behavior in the West Indies used to be pretty bad, yes on the face of it those words sound racist and some people may may judge him racist. One of the west Indian fast bowlers had just bounced him on the head(Gavaskar never wore a helmet), and the crowd were shouting for his blood, they were saying "knock his head off", "kill him" that kind of stuff. You call that civilized behavior? Gavaskar though it was uncivilized and called it so. If you don't like him for that then go jump in a lake.
    BTW for an extremely prejudiced person like you to call Gavaskar racist is a bit rich.

That was probably India's first ODI and the reason for such a slow scoring rate was that they did not know how to go about scoring any faster than that.

The world series was one of the better things to happen to the game of cricket. Players used to be paid a pittance before that and the world series changed the game for the better. I don't know how you can hold it against Gavaskar for contemplating to join Packer when some of the best and most admired players from the world played in his series. Players like Viv Richards, Bobby Simpson, Tony Greig, Dennis Lillee, Imran Khan, Michael Holding, Andy Roberts.
    Are you like looking for arguments to hate Gavaskar? Then why don't just come out and say that you hate him, Its ok with me if a tool like you hates him, I don't need your justifications because frankly they are sounding quite moronic.

and many other controversies that i can't remember right now..these all prove that he has never been a good sportsman.. maybe you think that way because you approve of such acts..i personally don't..
    So Gavaskar was precious and spoilt, big news. Its not as if everybody else were perfect angels. I remember the Pakistani team walking off recently in England. Does that mean the entire team was unsporting?

So they are your favorite cricketers but you only hate Gavaskar for doing it. Clearly prejudice IMO. You are digging your own grave here.

What Nonsense is this ?
    i believe that guys like Sachin deserve that more than Gavasker..who has played the game always with sportmanship and respect..

Little knowledge is a very dangerous thing. Please do read the context of what was said and about whom.

Cricinfo - Gavaskar's double role

it doesn't mater who he used those words against.. i will give you the example of 07 when Symonds were called monkey by indian crowd.. yet you never seen Symonds writing anyting such as this about indian Crowd..i am not saying here that Symond is saint comparing to Gavaskar..but i respect symond more than Gavaskar for that..

So I have to believe those rumours now as opposed to someone who represented India for almost 20 years and had an outstanding record as a cricketer.

Another misinformation. He wasn't protesting the umpire but what was said to him afterwords, not acceptable but hardly something that diminishes his career.
    So Gavaskar is a Racist and you are a fan of Tony Grieg.
    you don't have to believe it.. if you dont wana believe it but it is considered conterversial and true considering that i haven't read any logical reason coming from Gavaskar saying why he batted slow..

i am a fan of Graigs commentating skill.. not him criticizing others for what he used to do himself when he was cricketer himself..

So You dont think Imran was the greatest sportsman from Pakistan ?
    No.. Imran was a good cricketer, great man ..great leader.. but i don't consider him the greatest sportman from pakistan.. it is my opinion.. people might feel the other way it is their opinion..

Same goes with Sunil.. u might think he is one of the greatest sportman from india.. i don't.. we just have to agree to disagreee

Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    As much as you would like to rant and troll about Gavaskar, fact remains that he is a highly respected sportsman in India. But I guess someone with your warped mind is just too thick to comprehend this fact.
    You have to know that everyone his thier opinion and point of view about issues.. maybe indians think this way..and approve of him as racist.. it is all good i am not judging anyone...i just happen to dissagree with that ..

You confirm your idiocy by the above statement. Those words were used against the West Indies crowd and not the players. Crowd behavior in the West Indies used to be pretty bad, yes on the face of it those words sound racist and some people may may judge him racist. One of the west Indian fast bowlers had just bounced him on the head(Gavaskar never wore a helmet), and the crowd were shouting for his blood, they were saying "knock his head off", "kill him" that kind of stuff. You call that civilized behavior? Gavaskar though it was uncivilized and called it so. If you don't like him for that then go jump in a lake.
    I don't think that justify his coment to me.. i just give you the example of Andrew symond.. he was called Monkey and you know how racist is that if you call someone from african backgound.. Monkey.. yet you never see Symond writing such a thing about indian crowd..

That was probably India's first ODI and the reason for such a slow scoring rate was that they did not know how to go about scoring any faster than that..
    ya but one thing you have to remember that he played test matches in past and made centuries with better strike rate.. naturaly he couldn't play faster for the win? honestly it doesn't justify it.

The world series was one of the better things to happen to the game of cricket. Players used to be paid a pittance before that and the world series changed the game for the better. I don't know how you can hold it against Gavaskar for contemplating to join Packer when some of the best and most admired players from the world played in his series. Players like Viv Richards, Bobby Simpson, Tony Greig, Dennis Lillee, Imran Khan, Michael Holding, Andy Roberts.
    Are you like looking for arguments to hate Gavaskar? Then why don't just come out and say that you hate him, Its ok with me if a tool like you hates him, I don't need your justifications because frankly they are sounding quite moronic...
    i have admited that i am not a big fan of Gavaskar whether it was commentating or batting..and certainly not his attitude..
    the reason i mention the world series issue because it is considered conterversial and we are talking about conterversial issues..

So Gavaskar was precious and spoilt, big news. Its not as if everybody else were perfect angels. I remember the Pakistani team walking off recently in England. Does that mean the entire team was unsporting?

So they are your favorite cricketers but you only hate Gavaskar for doing it. Clearly prejudice IMO. You are digging your own grave here.
    if you r implying that i have accused the whole indian team of unsporting you r wrong.. we are talking about the attitude of Gavaskar..and if you r accusing pakistani team of being unsporting because the decisions that Inzi took in oval test.. then that is wrong again.. but that is totaly different issue..

the difference is that i like those cricketers for their game.. and to be honest.. i would feel the same way as i feel about Gavaskar if people tell me that they are the greatest sportman in the game..

you don't have to believe it.. if you dont wana believe it but it is considered conterversial and true considering that i haven't read any logical reason coming from Gavaskar saying why he batted slow..
    So because you have not heard Gavaskar's version of the story, you are willing to believe any gossip that confirms your view of him.

Same goes with Sunil.. u might think he is one of the greatest sportman from india.. i don't.. we just have to agree to disagreee
    Its not just me who thinks of him as one of India's greatest sportsmen, its millions of Indians too. You can keep shouting at clouds for all I care.

You have to know that everyone his thier opinion and point of view about issues.. maybe indians think this way..and approve of him as racist.. it is all good i am not judging anyone...i just happen to dissagree with that ..
    Indians don't think he is a racist, neither has any West Indian commented about his book, You can go jump in the lake.

I don't think that justify his coment to me.. i just give you the example of Andrew symond.. he was called Monkey and you know how racist is that if you call someone from african backgound.. Monkey.. yet you never see Symond writing such a thing about indian crowd..
    Calling symonds monkey is not the same as saying "Kill Symonds" or "knock his bloody head off". But I don't think you are intelligent enough to notice the difference. And how do you guarantee that he will never say anything like that about the Indian crowd sometime in the future. He just called McCullum a "Kiwi lump of ****", incase you missed your greatly admired Symonds latest rant on national radio.

ya but one thing you have to remember that he played test matches in past and made centuries with better strike rate.. naturaly he couldn't play faster for the win? honestly it doesn't justify it.
    Have you seriously considered the fact that this was India's first ever ODI match or are you just speaking thru your arse as usual. Just because you have a good strike rate on day A does not mean you can bat with the same strike rate on day B. I have seen days when Jayasurya has struggled. That does not mean he has something against Jayawardene. Only a fool would make such an association.

i have admited that i am not a big fan of Gavaskar whether it was commentating or batting..and certainly not his attitude..
    the reason i mention the world series issue because it is considered conterversial and we are talking about conterversial issues..
    Since when is controversy or being controversial the same as being bad?? Just how dumb are you??

if you r implying that i have accused the whole indian team of unsporting you r wrong.. we are talking about the attitude of Gavaskar..and if you r accusing pakistani team of being unsporting because the decisions that Inzi took in oval test.. then that is wrong again.. but that is totaly different issue..
    Gavaskar walked off the field and you paint him as bad and unsporting. So by the same measure, Pakistan walked off the pitch in England, so by YOUR own standards they are bad and unsporting. See how warped your reasoning is??

the difference is that i like those cricketers for their game.. and to be honest.. i would feel the same way as i feel about Gavaskar if people tell me that they are the greatest sportman in the game..
    how the bloody hell do you like those people for their game when you were not even born when they retired and at the same time you dislike Gavaskar's game??

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information