• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
AFP: Pakistan's Miandad to visit China

Pakistan's Miandad to visit China

1 day ago
ISLAMABAD (AFP) — Former Pakistan great Javed Miandad will next month tour China as a cricket ambassador to promote the emerging game in the sports-mad Asian giant.
"As part of Pakistan's support plan to promote the game of cricket in China, we have decided to send Miandad to China so that he can explore ways to help lift the game in that country," said a sports ministry official, Ashraf Khan.
President Asif Ali Zardari, who is patron-in-chief of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), appointed Miandad as cricket ambassador to China in December.
Miandad, 51, will tour China from March 9 to 15.
"I have high hopes of China competing at a top level very soon because the feedback I have is that they have potential and can excel in the field of cricket, like they did in other sports," Miandad told reporters.
Pakistan has previously provided assistance to China, such as training and coaching facilities, to prepare its national cricket team.
Former Pakistan player Rashid Khan is China's national cricket coach and guided their female team to the semi-final of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) women's tournament in Malaysia last year.
An affiliate member of the ACC and the International Cricket Council (ICC) since 2004, China won the ICC global development award for the region in 2005.
The Chinese government has made efforts to make cricket a mandatory sport and plans to make China a top-tier team by 2020.
The country is ready to embrace Twenty20 cricket as one of five new sports it will debut at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou.
Miandad said he will first assess the facilities.
"I would like to see what infrastructure is there and then make a plan to help them progress," said Miandad, who played 124 Tests for Pakistan.
Miandad last week resigned as PCB director general, protesting over the limited scope of his contract.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Cricinfo - Big wins for SNGPL, NBP and Rawalpindi

Banned icl players are playing in this tournmnet also due to recent decision by sind High court

the noteable once are Abdul Razzaq and Rana navid ul Hasan

Razzaq got three wickets and also scored 98 runs

Navid hit 110 of only 104 balls also got two wicket... maybe this will open the PCB's eyes..

Bouncer

State Regular
^^ i hope PCB doesnt act witha knee jerk reaction to performance of Razzaq and naveed. i have been a big supporter of Arafaat and for over two yearas have belived that he is a better option than Razaaq in test cricket in particular. Pak has been lacking a bowling all rounder in test matches and Arafat is the best option for Pak...he has recently done very well in past few weeks and deserves a coupe of full seasons to show what he has got.

I think both Razaaq and Naveed are past their expiry date...no doubt they are good enough to hit 30 balls 50's couple of times in first class cricket or even in International cricket after given ample chances, But they are NOT Pak's future, Arafat IS.

Bouncer

State Regular
why would bcci would worry about it now??? isnt ICL in financial ruin now?

The nature of our cricketing neighbor is such that they would not directly say anything
about it but they will go to other boards and tell them to demand Pak to not to play
ICL players when they Play with those countries...talk about Baghal Main chuuri Moun pay Raam Raam

It will be very interesting to see Pak opening in T20 WC this year with Nazir in side...that will piss a lot of people in BCCI

haroon510

International 12th Man

The nature of our cricketing neighbor is such that they would not directly say anything
about it but they will go to other boards and tell them to demand Pak to not to play
ICL players when they Play with those countries...talk about Baghal Main chuuri Moun pay Raam Raam

It will be very interesting to see Pak opening in T20 WC this year with Nazir in side...that will piss a lot of people in BCCI
that is what i wanted to tell in my previous posts.. if BCCI wants.. tours will happen in pakistan..as simple as it is.. BCCI doesn't want any matches played in pakistan..

Fusion

Global Moderator
that is what i wanted to tell in my previous posts.. if BCCI wants.. tours will happen in pakistan..as simple as it is.. BCCI doesn't want any matches played in pakistan..
Harron why would the BCCI want to isolate Pakistan? BCCI and PCB have traditionally had good relationships. Let’s say that, for the first time, strained relations between the two countries have also affected cricketing ties between the two boards. Even then, the most BCCI would do is not tour Pakistan itself. You really think they would actively seek to destroy Pakistan cricket? That’s rather harsh thinking considering that they’ve done no such thing in the past to arrive at this opinion.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Some of the stuff being said in this thread about BCCI is outright ridiculous. Anyone with a slice of brain in his head will ask himself few question before posting provocative and insulting nonsense.

Why would BCCI want to harm Pakistan Cricket esp when a. they jointly host the WC and b. relationship between the two boards remain cordial, c. relationship between the players from both sides has never been better. Pakistan Cricket is being harmed by its own people, be it players, officials, politicians and to some extent fans.

Not a surprise though, Like they do for every other problem, blame India/Others for their problem, look at the other side.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

BCCI's reaction isn't limited to Pakistani players though, is it ? And they have been fairly vocal about not allowing ICL players in the mainstream cricket regardless of their national origin, dont know how you missed that. But again reading such things continues to prove that my old folks were talking from experience and I should have listened to their advice. Oh well, better late than never.

So you are more interested in BCCI reaction than your own team's performance. With fans like you it is not a surprise that Pakistan Cricket is in such a poor state. That said, it is still to be seen if PCB decides to select Nazir for the T20 team.

jeevan

International 12th Man

It's the rules that all the cricket associations agreed to, a long time before there even was an ICL. I.e. players who want to represent their countries in ICC-sanctioned international games CANNOT participate in cricket leagues or tournaments that are NOT recognized by the host cricket board. This has been invoked for the WSC and for the rebel tours to apartheid SA.

BCCI, whatever else it may have done before or after, has done nothing underhanded here. It has simply not recognized the ICL, as it operates its own league (and Lalit Modi had proposed exactly such a league before ICL or IPL came into being).

There was some confusion initially in 2007, but none in 2008 when Mohammad Yousuf joined it. It is ridiculous of him to make these kinds of statements. He was just greedy for money then, and now that money is drying up, wants to wiggle out. Would be a travesty if he is allowed to break the rules.

You can leave your BCCI baiting out of this, as well.

jeevan

International 12th Man
i kinda agree with what yousuf is saying to some extent.. but again i don't want to start this me bashing BCCI again..

here is a bothering news for BCCI

Cricinfo - Pakistan clears last six ICL players

i bet BCCI is going nuts now..
Why should it? The ICC rule applies to players in International fixtures. ICL players have played county cricket and the rule and precedent for domestic fixtures have been cleared up there.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
There was some confusion initially in 2007, but none in 2008 when Mohammad Yousuf joined it. It is ridiculous of him to make these kinds of statements. He was just greedy for money then, and now that money is drying up, wants to wiggle out. Would be a travesty if he is allowed to break the rules.
Actually I am one of the supporters of the ICL league and have always criticized the way BCCI has handled it, but to accuse them of selectively conspiring against PCB is untrue.

And you are so spot on Yousuf, The guy is a joke.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain

You talk as if Pakistan is being singled out to ban their ICL players. When will you guys learn that everything is not about Pakistan or the PCB but about the ICL.