• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 ODI fast bowlers of all time

Mortaza + Streak > Maharoof
I think bandwagoners like you shouldn't be supporting SL tbh. Maharoof has 117 wickets in 80 odd ODIs, he has been a great bowler for us. He is actually in the top 5 SL bowlers for the most number of wickets in ODIs. These days, he is used as a third change seamer but Kula, Vaas and even Thushara have been doing the job.

pup11

International Coach
Akram
Garner
W.Younis
Muralitharan
McGrath
Pollock
Ambrose
Bracken
Donald
Lee

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm amazed seeing none except Athlai put Hadlee in their list...Hadlee was a damn good ODI bowler, and he is a must in top 10 ODI bowlers...

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
I'm amazed seeing none except Athlai put Hadlee in their list...Hadlee was a damn good ODI bowler, and he is a must in top 10 ODI bowlers...
This. Would be pretty much my first pick with a ODI average of 21.6 and economy of 3.3... who in that list of players has better stats? Joel Garner and Shane Bond is about it.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I think bandwagoners like you shouldn't be supporting SL tbh. Maharoof has 117 wickets in 80 odd ODIs, he has been a great bowler for us. He is actually in the top 5 SL bowlers for the most number of wickets in ODIs. These days, he is used as a third change seamer but Kula, Vaas and even Thushara have been doing the job.
Says the troll.

Matt79

Global Moderator
People got to take the records of guys from the 70s and 80s with a grain of salt. It is to all intents a different game for bowlers today. Having a 3.** E/R when you played up until 85 doesn't equate to you being a brilliant bowler.

Bracken is a def inclusion given his record: E/R < 4, average of 22, playing in the age of 20/20, boundary ropes, 20 overs of powerplays, and rocket bats. Plus he predominantly bowls when the field is in at the start or at the death. Have him second only to McGrath among Aussie ODI pacemen.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Off the top of my head, in no particular order, my ten would be something like:
McGrath
Bracken
Lee
Bond
Wasim
Waqar
Garner
Hadlee
Donald
Pollock

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
people got to take the records of guys from the 70s and 80s with a grain of salt. It is to all intents a different game for bowlers today. Having a 3.** e/r when you played up until 85 doesn't equate to you being a brilliant bowler.

Bracken is a def inclusion given his record: E/r < 4, average of 22, playing in the age of 20/20, boundary ropes, 20 overs of powerplays, and rocket bats. Plus he predominantly bowls when the field is in at the start or at the death. Have him second only to mcgrath among aussie odi pacemen.
awta...