• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Partnerships

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
Which partnerships have you enjoyed most in the past and currently?

Flintoff and G Jones, springs to mind (I've yet to think properly of my favourite partnership of the past!) and I'm excited by Kallis and Duminy, at the moment.

Please tell me yours.

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
Agree with these. Ambrose and Waqar in particular are two of my favourite bowlers.

In batting terms, Greenidge and Haynes were always my favourite pairing.

No pairing in recent times lives up to that, no where near.
I have to say that when I wrote the question, I was thinking about BATTING partnerships. But carry on . . .

inbox24

International Debutant
Hughes and Warner.

Sehwag and Gambhir have the potential to be the greatest of all time in both tests and one dayers.

Any partnership involving one Shaun Marsh is not worth watching.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Akhtar & Asif
Yes they were quite enjoyable in that one Test match and five ODIs they played together. So many dreams....broken.

Anywho...

Wasim/Waqar in both formats and Anwar/Sohail in ODIs spring to mind. I really liked watching Sachin and Ganguly bat together whenever I got a chance to watch them. Oh and Ambrose/Walsh.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I love watching Kallis and Smith bat together, both such massive blokes but with totally different playing styles.

I think I'm also going to enjoy the (hopefully) many de Villiers-Duminy partnerships in years to come.

Precambrian

Banned
Tendulkar Ganguly was awesome to watch in ODIs esp in the late 90s. The pattern was so legendarily consistent. Ganguly would start off with a flurry of boundaries through the off side, while Tendulkar would play second fiddle. Once Tendulkar got his timing going, usually by the 7th or 8th over, he'd take over, and then Ganguly starts rotating the strike. Simply glorious stuff.

In tests, Mahela and Sanga, hard to see a better combination when these two get going.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tendulkar and Sehwag :)

Laxman and Dravid in tests.

Cronje and Rhodes back in the day... Seemed to know what each other was thinking.

Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana were great too in 96..

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Guptill and Ryder. Both people I consider friends so I love to see them do well, and they also both play exciting, aggressive cricket.