• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Partnerships

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Always loved Wasim and Waqar - certainly my favourite bowling combination.

From history, I would have loved to have watched Ranji and Fry batting together for Sussex on a sunny afternoon at Hove.

Last edited:

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
So many:

Pollock/Donald

Akram/Younis

Warne/McGrath

Langer/Hayden

Cronje/Rhodes

Thorpe/Hick

Walsh/Ambrose

Kumble/Srinath

Kaluwitharana/Jayasuriya

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Fry / Ranji

A bit before my time but by all reports they were pretty good

More recent times:

Greenidge / Haynes
Wasim / Waqar
Donald / Pollock
Warne / McGrath

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Always loved Wasim and Waqar - certainly my favourite bowling combination.

From history, I would have loved to have watched Ranji and Fry betting together for Sussex on a sunny afternoon at Hove.
Sorry only just seen this - had I done so I wouldn't have bothered posting :)

You a Sussex fan?

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Batting:
Smith and Gibbs
Langer and Hayden
Trescothick and Vaughan
Trescothick and Strauss
Flintoff and G Jones
Ganguly and Tendulkar

Bowling:
Warne and McGrath
McGrath and Lee
Flintoff and S Jones
Pollock and Ntini

But these are all in the past, so my favourite nowadays would be:

Batting - Pietersen and Collingwood

Bowling - Sidebottom and Anderson

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hughes and Warner.

Sehwag and Gambhir have the potential to be the greatest of all time in both tests and one dayers.

Any partnership involving one Shaun Marsh is not worth watching.
Move over Braddles and Pondie.....

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry only just seen this - had I done so I wouldn't have bothered posting :)

You a Sussex fan?
I don't actually claim allegiance to any particular County, but from all I've read and heard about those two batting together in the early years of the 20th Century it's impossibly not to be enraptured. I remember CMJ, when profiling Fry, wrote something like:

In what one likes to think of as a typical day at Hove, Fry would open with Vine and then as a matter of course enjoy an exhilarating later stand with Ranji. At the end of the day Sussex would be 500 for 2, with Fry some 200 not out.

That's from memory, but if it isn't word-perfect it's pretty close. The fact that they had differing styles as well - Fry the principled technician, Ranji the artist - would have just added to the spectacle.