• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Partnerships

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'd say Tendulkar and Ganguly, but the 250 odd partnership they had in the ODI they lost batting first (in SA?) is too frustrating to ignore.

Julian87

State Captain
Mark Waugh and Adam Gilchrist in one day cricket. Michael Bevan + lower order/tail end batsmen in one day cricket.

Langer and Hayden in test cricket.

masterblaster

International Captain
Ganguly and Tendulkar
Dravid and VVS Laxman
Sehwag and Gambhir
Gilchrist and Mark Waugh
Taylor and Slater
Lara and Chanderpaul
Anwar and Inzamam
Wasim and Waqar

krkode

State Captain
For batting watching Ganguly and Tendulkar walk out there for an ODI was pure joy. Granted, most of India's success has come after these two were moved around in recent times but it's hard to argue that this singular partnership was one of the key reasons India had any success back in the late-90s, early 2000s.

As for bowling, Wasim and Waqar - pure joy watching these guys have a rip.

As for current-future - I'm very excited about Gambhir/Sehwag. They're already posting average numbers better than some of the greatest test pairs out there so I'm happy and excited to see them continue that success.

As for individual innings/partnership, nothing beats Laxman and Dravid's partnership at Eden Gardens 2001 for me. I had totally lost hope in that game... at the time I didn't even think it was possible to win from having followed on. Absolutely legendary.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Latham and Greatbatch. Ahhh, the 1992 World Cup - what a rollercoaster ride.
Not to take the thread off topic but do the kiwis usually see that as their best chance at the trophy? They were such a strong outfit with Crowe kicking ass up and down the pitch.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not to take the thread off topic but do the kiwis usually see that as their best chance at the trophy? They were such a strong outfit with Crowe kicking ass up and down the pitch.
Prior to the tournament, we were no hope (we'd looked terrible against England and Crowe was close to resigning), but I certainly feel, looking back, we had everything in our favour - low, slow Kiwi pitches that we were much more used to than anyone else, an innovative captain (Crowe) and coach (Lees) who tried things out of the ordinary (Patel opening the bowling, Greatbatch teeing off) and a great cricketing public who gave the team momentum. If we'd got past Pakistan in the semis (damn you, Inzy), I think we would have been a very solid chance in the final, even though it would have been our first game away from home in the whole tournament.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Merrick and Russo.

I actually really enjoyed Hayden and Ponting more so then Langer and either of the two.

Will add some overseas ones later on.