• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England axe Test for South Africa tour

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just me or are England showing severe signs of being over cricket and each other at the moment. The blow up with Pietersen and Moores, players seemingly demanding that tours away get shortened.
If they are then boo fricking hoo for mine. Little princesses should all remember how lucky they are to be doing what they do and get on with their jobs like the rest of the world. No sympathy here.

Langeveldt

Soutie
A supersport survey has said 80% of people here think they shouldn't be sacrificing a test for their country to go and play in the IPL. Wonder if they'd feel the same way when presented with all that wonderful $$$$.

I hope they come here and get absolutely crushed to be honest, they are acting like a bunch of sissies and I don't appreciate it in the slightest.

R_D

International Debutant
thaye could have well removed the 2 20/20 and fit in that test or may be old way of having 3 ODI's...
Yeah the 3 Odi thing was fine... it wasn't a overkill and you didn't mind them. But these 5 and 7 ODI series get boring and repetitive.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
5 test series is really grueling work-so its a good move imo especially since they are playing one in the ashes.you cant have two 5 game test series in the same year especially with the odis and t20 games they are playing this year.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Had this in Grinds my gears, it's the PE test they have axed and I'm fuming about it. I hate the IPL and all other bull**** that gets fed this way..

What grates even more is that they schedule two tests within about half an hour of each other (Johannesburg and Centurion), where they can expect to fill about, say 20% of the stadia, and yet we in PE, which AFAIK is bigger than Centurion/Pretoria, have to drive 784km for our nearest test match.. That must be further than any other nation, unless you live in say, Alice Springs

And then you get the elements who yadder on about test cricket being sacred and there is no way that this hit and giggle BS can touch it.. Well bro's, it's happening already and I'm sick of it
Pfft, serves you right for having that dustbowl of a pitch in country with nobody to turn the ball. :)

I miss the PE tests though, some people hated the band, I think they're ossum.

Precambrian

Banned
Had this in Grinds my gears, it's the PE test they have axed and I'm fuming about it. I hate the IPL and all other bull**** that gets fed this way..

What grates even more is that they schedule two tests within about half an hour of each other (Johannesburg and Centurion), where they can expect to fill about, say 20% of the stadia, and yet we in PE, which AFAIK is bigger than Centurion/Pretoria, have to drive 784km for our nearest test match.. That must be further than any other nation, unless you live in say, Alice Springs

And then you get the elements who yadder on about test cricket being sacred and there is no way that this hit and giggle BS can touch it.. Well bro's, it's happening already and I'm sick of it
Good rant. Except that the IPL gets over about 8 months before the series.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pfft, serves you right for having that dustbowl of a pitch in country with nobody to turn the ball. :)

The band were great, AFAIK they were told to leave although I haven't watched any cricket there this season.. There are stacks of young spinners in this country, I find it scary how we've never had a world class one turn out for us..

Also the whole no PE test match thing just grates because there are a lot of cricket fans here who will have to travel a very long way to watch a game of test cricket

popepouri

State Vice-Captain

The band is what makes PE the best. Sure they only play "stand by me" like three hundred times and out of tune but it's just a party atmosphere. Luckily Castle corner was on the other side of the ground. Imagine if the band decided to play there. :ph34r:

I find it scary how we've never had a world class one turn out for us..
Johan Botha?

I kid.

Langeveldt

Soutie
The band is what makes PE the best. Sure they only play "stand by me" like three hundred times and out of tune but it's just a party atmosphere. Luckily Castle corner was on the other side of the ground. Imagine if the band decided to play there. :ph34r:

Johan Botha?

I kid.
Ah I won't hear a bad word said about the captain of our side that's just stuffed the Aussies. But yeah he's not the greatest spinner, tidy though..

Agreed, so far as atmosphere at a SA ground goes, nowhere except the Wanderers beats PE.. And then all the players and spectators head to the same club on the beachfront, good times..