• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The death

Josh

International Regular
You're the captain, it's a 50 over match, the other team needs 10 runs off the last over. Pick any bowler in history - living or dead - to bowl that last over. Who would you choose??

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Of current bowlers, I'd seriously consider Umar Gul as somewhat of a smokey - he's awesome at the death despite not being any more than "good" at any other stage of the game. I'm not sure who I'd go for if I pick any bowler in the history of the game, though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
lol. During last weekend's ODI where the South African's needed 7 of 2 balls (IIRC) I was yelling "underarm it" at the tv...

I'd be tempted to say Steve Waugh...

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Bill O'Reilly. Went for 1.94 runs per over in an era where batsmen were doing pretty much exactly as they pleased.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kapil Dev was probably one of the best at doing it in ODIs, in terms who who I'd watch. I'd probably go with McGrath though - Australia rarely got in that position :p.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Probably Joel Garner, Wasim Akram or Waqar Younis - It would be hard to hit 10 runs off an over of yorkers

Other options

- Keith Miller
- Steve Waugh
- Clarrie Grimmett
- Bapu Nulkarni

pskov

International 12th Man
Joel Garner. By all accounts the accuracy of his yorker was pretty much automatic, not to mention coming from god knows what angle and the pace too.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Derek Underwood - although in his day I don't think he did - IIRC captains in the 70's/80's just brought back the opening bowlers for the closing overs - such simple times!