• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Night cricket?

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Anyone here enjoy a bit of backyard/frontyard/street cricket at night time?

I'll tell you my little story.

Last night I had a friend stay over. Shortly after midnight we decided we felt like a game of cricket. We didn't really want to go anywhere too far so we looked for a nice spot in my house to have a hit.

-Firstly we tried 'hall cricket'. We went in my hallway and used a pad as wickets. This was fun for a moment, but it was too thin and not long enough to really do anything fun. We agreed to find a better place.

-Secondly we experimented with 'porch cricket'. This was better. It wasn't perfectly lit, but I opened my kitchen curtains and that let out a bit of light. Still a bit dark but enough light to see the ball. We stayed there for a bit.

-Thirdly, we found the best place that we were going to; my driveway. It is also not perfectly lit but there is a motion sensor light there which was good enough (albeit us having to turn it on every few minutes). We put the stumps in the car port and had the bowler bowl up the driveway. There is a slight slope but not to worry. We played here for a while, as well as coming out later on for another go.

Obviously it's not perfect for playing huge shots, but there is something very relaxing about standing in your carport at 2:30am, practicing your defensive shots against a tennis ball.

Anyone have any similar stories?

Shivan

Cricket Spectator
No similar stories from me - I find that I would be well asleep by 2:30 am. However, that is a nice cricketing memoir, love it! :laugh: