• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL better atmosphere than the Ashes: Warne

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nowhere in the article does he actually say that.

He's referring to the size and passion of the crowds.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's what I meant, he thought the atmosphere was better. I didn't mean to imply he liked IPL more. I'll change the title of the thread.

krkode

State Captain
Probably because most of the Ashes Warne has been a part of were kind of one-sided. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but how many times has England won the Ashes during Warne's career? I count only 2005. The closest it ever got besides that was 1997 where Aus won 3-2. Every other time Aus has had at least a 2-match lead at the end of the series.

Rajasthan, on the other hand, were probably overwhelming underdogs in the IPL, I can see why such an atmosphere would appeal to someone who came in with an outsider's chance and walked away the victor.

Redbacks

International Captain
He mentioned during the summer that the crowds were like going to the MCG for an AFL grand final every game. If that was true it's possible to understand where he is coming from.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got through the IPL without a public *** scandal. Why wouldn't he rate it better?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL, I can imagine the *** scandal if he were caught with a couple women in India. It would be hilarious, it would be worth it just to see Bal Thakaray and his fascist bunch of theocrats going totally insane.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's what I meant, he thought the atmosphere was better. I didn't mean to imply he liked IPL more. I'll change the title of the thread.
Again not hard to see why. Lord's when full only holds 27,000.

I'd take any random full house at Eden Gardens over Lord's any day.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
IPL win was better than the Ashes: Warne

I don't think he actually believes that. At least I hope he doesn't - I can't see how he can compare to some of the Test matches he has been part of, I'd be saddened if he truly believed it. Maybe he just wants to show the Royals that he deserves a better contract. :p
not completely improbable that he thinks leading a bunch of no-hopers, giving them the belief that they can win and see all his plans and hunches work correctly is greater than bowling some amazing leg breaks and winning a series for his country...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
LOL, I can imagine the *** scandal if he were caught with a couple women in India. It would be hilarious, it would be worth it just to see Bal Thakaray and his fascist bunch of theocrats going totally insane.
Viv got away with much more. Warne would certainly have managed. :)

pup11

International Coach
Of course he thinks the atmosphere in the IPL games was better as compared to the Ashes, after all he was surrounded by all these hot cheerleaders, so yeah i can see where Warnie is coming from....:cool:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe Warne has more fans here and a fuller role than as an Australian Test player?