• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome Mathew Sinclair to Cricket Web!

James

Cricket Web Owner
We at Cricket Web are both proud and excited in welcoming Mathew Sinclair. Mathew will be regularly contributing blog pieces for Cricket Web readers to enjoy. His years of experience and ongoing participation in both international and New Zealand domestic cricket will no doubt provide valuable insight to the world of professional cricket at all levels and his first-hand knowledge of players and cricket issues will allow him to give us all a very informed opinion.

Cricket Web - Mathew Sinclair Blog: Welcome Mathew Sinclair to Cricket Web

Leave a comment in the above article :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thread Opened.

If you want your message read from Mathew, there's a way better chance by submitting it as a comment to the first article that has gone up. Feel free to do both (here and there) :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
I bet I can guess which staff member pushed for this blog. :p
Haha, just turned out that way actually.

It's great to have someone involved with the site who wants to be involved and is a great bloke too, along with Mathew being someone with a lot of cricket experience.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I bet I can guess which staff member pushed for this blog. :p
Haha, I actually had very little to do with it. I wrote his intro but James was the driving force behind contacting CD and organising it. Thanks must go to CD too for responding. The hardest thing I had to do was keep my mouth shut for a couple of days. :p

Needless to say though, I do think this is particularly awesome. I can't wait until he starts blogging; so excited.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really doubt that, but he's told me he's more than happy to answer visitors questions within the articles he'll be doing.
James - I will e-mail you some questions for Sinclair. I'd like to pose him a few Daryls, but I don't want to upset the guy given that this is presumably a bit of a coup for you so its right that you have "editorial discretion".

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, I actually had very little to do with it. I wrote his intro but James was the driving force behind contacting CD and organising it. Thanks must go to CD too for responding. The hardest thing I had to do was keep my mouth shut for a couple of days. :p

Needless to say though, I do think this is particularly awesome. I can't wait until he starts blogging; so excited.
If only I knew...I would have lied in the ICC forum and said he'd scored three triple hundreds and once batted all five days or something. :p

Athlai

Not Terrible

Contact Wellington

It's awesome that your number one player is blogging mate.

Bring me Jeets

Flem274*

123/5
James - I will e-mail you some questions for Sinclair. I'd like to pose him a few Daryls, but I don't want to upset the guy given that this is presumably a bit of a coup for you so its right that you have "editorial discretion".
Can see PEWS attempting to murder you in the very near future.

HeathDavisSpeed

Can see PEWS attempting to murder you in the very near future.
Why - its all well and good asking a guy pleasantries, but finding out something new about the guy; that's what probing questions are all about

No naughties for that, thankyouverymuch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why - its all well and good asking a guy pleasantries, but finding out something new about the guy; that's what probing questions are all about

No naughties for that, thankyouverymuch.
Yeah, I don't really disagree with this. I think the questions that were asked originally for the introduction were perfect for an introduction-type article, but he's obviously going to go a little deeper in his blogs so some probing questions could be worthwhile from here on. He's writing it himself so he only has to answer what he thinks he could give an interesting response to, afterall.

I'm perhaps a little too biased to actually ask him anything more difficult than "How did you get so awesome?" but that's why even his 'critics' so to speak can be valuable even to just to fuel his own inspiration.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah, I don't really disagree with this. I think the questions that were asked originally for the introduction were perfect for an introduction-type article, but he's obviously going to go a little deeper in his blogs so some probing questions could be worthwhile from here on. He's writing it himself so he only has to answer what he thinks he could give an interesting response to, afterall.
Indeed. As an opening salvo, the first article is decent - not that Sinclair really needs much of an introduction. However, Sinclair is a pretty controversial character and there's plenty of unanswered questions.

And I've only upset an interviewee once... :ph34r: