• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing Injuries

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Nov 00 - Cross Country, collided with someone, fell, landed on left elbow. Breakage. Complete rest of course. Arm in cast all through GCSE Mocks (good thing it was my left!)
Weren't you running backwards at the time? Seem to remember finding it quite funny after everything was ok again......

I have a list to long to make now but broke nose x3, fingers x2.
One of the nose one's was when I slipped over playing rugby and while my face was heading towards ground at a rate of knots, someone's knee was on a collision course at sound of sound and me face collided with it. Was gushing for 20 mins, then bleeding for 90 mins. Gives interesting feeling of light headedness, bit like a few beers. :)

Rich2001

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Alternatively, ask Killer Harbhajan - he's in the business of knocking teeth out (even more obscure World Cup 2003 DD story)
Wasn't that the India vs Holland match, where the Dutch batsman went for a sweep but on managed a top edge into his face.... and a bit of blood went everywhere?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Breadcrumb moment - Harbhajan Singh (India) and Edgar Schiferli (Netherlands)

"Hey, Charlie. Give him de throat ball" was the cry which used to go up in the Caribbean during the 1960s. Well, the 'Turbanator' is a bit of a killer, too. Batting bravely without a helmet to the lightning-fast Harbhajan and whirling at every spitting delivery like a windmill, Schiferli amazingly plays too soon at a searing top-spinner. There is a sickening crunch as the Flying Dutchman gets well and truly poleaxed. There is a five minute delay as
a) The Dutch all-rounder finds his feet again
and
b) Harbhajan finds his tooth to keep as a trophy. "I'm opening with Srinath next game, eh, skip?"

Well remembered, Rich

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rich2001 said:
Nope, they get you a scriber.. who you have to dictate the whole paper to while they write it down for you... Well that's what they did at my school.
The word is "Amanuensis" :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
It must be hard to distinguish between a red sphere racing towards you and a part of your body attached to your leg!
yeh, u wouldnt believe the difficulties involved.