• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Sledging

jainy25

Cricket Spectator
I was the number 11 batsman usually for my side (University side) . But my liking to bash spinners once given me a chance to bat at 7. When I walked in to the middle the opposition captain (a certain SL national player) came to short cover. When I took guard he remarked "hey, you a**sehole, you are going to hit the ball right here in the air". I got cranked up a bit, a leggie was bowling, I went down the track first ball and took it as a full toss and hit it inside out past short covers head for one bounce four. Then I looked at him and retorted "Save your f*cking head, and get back to cover"
Hahaha awesome. Taught an awesome lesson to that di**head. I hate those who play better cricket and still try to take down on players which are at a lower level. Same thing happened at my coaching centre. Have replied them back with my batting or bowling skills rather than doing any talking.

I never sledge anyone until I am totally frustrated or on fire but not being successful to some extent.

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
1.This guy has more leaves than a tree
2. I have better blocks in my lego set
3. This fielder couldn't even catch a cold.
4. The batsmen drives like a taxi
5. The batsman got his bat from a cave

Maxikiller23

Cricket Spectator
1.This guy has more leaves than a tree
2. I have better blocks in my lego set
3. This fielder couldn't even catch a cold.
4. The batsmen drives like a taxi
5. The batsman got his bat from a cave
Put your seat belts on because this guy can't drive
He's like kids scissors, can't cut

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Read one in Brett Lees autobiography that made me chuckle, not a sledge as such but just a funny line.......

1st Ashes test in 2006, Brett Lee is bowling to Freddy a few days after Brett's first child (Preston) is born. Lee bowls and Flintoff plays and misses.......

Flintoff - "Oh btw, Cheers mate"

Lee - "What for???"

Flintoff - "For naming your first born after my place of birth. But don't expect me to return the favour...........****ed if I'm naming my kid Wollongong"

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bastard of an insult hit for six - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

During the controversial Bodyline series of 1932-33, the English captain Douglas Jardine was said to have visited the Australian dressing room to complain bitterly to his counterpart Bill Woodfull that an Australian player had called him a bastard.
Woodfull turned to his team and said: "Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"
Bodyline quotes | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

"OK, which of you bastards called Larwood a bastard instead of this bastard."
Richardson on opening the dressing-room door to face Jardine demanding an apology after he overheard one of the Australians sledging Larwood

Midwinter

State Captain
Nice work

Can't place where I read the Armstrong instance but supposedly
During a tour game on the 1920 tour.one of the opposition amateurs went to the Australian dressing room and complained to Armstrong of being called a bastard by an Australian player.

The Richardson one is good !

It's an old one but a good one :)

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
used to play during my teenage years (I was hopeless but it was fun). We had a spinner bowling, and one of their batsmen went for a huge slog and completely missed the ball. Our wicketkeeper quipped "ooh, beaten for pace there!"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"Mind the Windows Tino" and Sangakkara sledging Pollock in the 2003 World Cup are my 2 favourites.