• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

James

Cricket Web Owner
January Thu 29
Prime Minister's XI v New Zealanders
Manuka Oval, Canberra

February Sun 1
1st ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

February Fri 6
2nd ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Melbourne Cricket Ground

February Sun 8
3rd ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Sydney Cricket Ground

February Tue 10
4th ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Adelaide Oval

February Fri 13
5th ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

February Sun 15
Only Twenty20 International - Australia v New Zealand
Sydney Cricket Ground

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be less embarrassing than the Tests. Hoping for a really big effort.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Am heading along to the game at the SCG, here's hoping for a good performance.

We always raise our game when we play them, and I hope with a fully fit side we could look at possibly even taking the series out.

Flem274*

123/5
I'd say.

Anyway, not going to predict the scoreline, Australia have a zillion new players and we're up and down like Voltmans pants atm.

Couldn't resist.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say.

Anyway, not going to predict the scoreline, Australia have a zillion new players and we're up and down like Voltmans pants atm.

Couldn't resist.
I have a zip fly, FFS, thus not necessitating the downage and uppage of my pants. :@

Australia 4-1 and they'll win the Twenty20 too.

Simon

Will be heading along to the PM's XI, we havent won in a couple of years I don't think so we are due.

Simon

If Symo, Lee and Clark and co. are still out I'll back this to be a bloody even series.
None of those three will be playing, I'm pretty sure the squad we have for the South African series will be what we have for the NZ games. Michael Clarke should be back in though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
None of those three will be playing, I'm pretty sure the squad we have for the South African series will be what we have for the NZ games. Michael Clarke should be back in though.
If Oram's fit then I'm backing us 3-2 :ph34r:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Symonds was hoping to make his comeback during the series. Clarke will be back though, and Johnson will play after being rested for the first 2 matches of the SA series.

Flem274*

123/5
Johnson, Ponting, Clarke. The three guys we need to deal with well.

Vettori, Mills, Oram, Taylor, are the threats for Aussie.

Of course other guys like Marsh and Guptill are likely to poke their noses in but those listed above are the big guns atm.

On Jesse Ryder: I know he deserves a fair run, but I suspect his List A record is transferring into his ODI one. Get to 20-30 then out with the occassional big score.

For NZ I want:

McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Styris/Broom
Oram
Elliott
Vettori
Mills
Thompson
Southee

Patel
A few others (how big a squad can we have?)

Taking into account injuries I'd guess for Australia:

Marsh
M Hussey/Katich
Ponting
Clarke
D Hussey
White (please have Watto replace this guy ASAP)
Haddin
Hopes (not ideal for him but the guys above are better)
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Tait

Would like Clark and an in form Lee though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Johnson, Ponting, Clarke. The three guys we need to deal with well.

Vettori, Mills, Oram, Taylor, are the threats for Aussie.

Of course other guys like Marsh and Guptill are likely to poke their noses in but those listed above are the big guns atm.

On Jesse Ryder: I know he deserves a fair run, but I suspect his List A record is transferring into his ODI one. Get to 20-30 then out with the occassional big score.

For NZ I want:

McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Styris/Broom
Oram
Elliott
Vettori
Mills
Thompson
Southee

Patel
A few others (how big a squad can we have?)

Taking into account injuries I'd guess for Australia:

Marsh
M Hussey/Katich
Ponting
Clarke
D Hussey
White (please have Watto replace this guy ASAP)
Haddin
Hopes (not ideal for him but the guys above are better)
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Tait

Would like Clark and an in form Lee though.
Johnson won't be that much of a threat in the shorter form, neither will Mills in Australian conditions. Both will take a few wickets early on if conditions suit but both will be smashed around by the hard hitters.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnson won't be that much of a threat in the shorter form, neither will Mills in Australian conditions. Both will take a few wickets early on if conditions suit but both will be smashed around by the hard hitters.
Forgetting the fact that aside from Bracken, Johnson has been Australia's best ODI bowler over the past year?

Flem, you've left out Bracken from your team, and after Ponting he's probably the first guy picked. :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
Forgetting the fact that aside from Bracken, Johnson has been Australia's best ODI bowler over the past year?

Flem, you've left out Bracken from your team, and after Ponting he's probably the first guy picked. :p
Yeah I've said it before and I'll say it again, our guys like to hit Johnson.

Bracken on the other hand. Is a gun.