• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:huh: Assuming you mean that he didn't hit it.
If it's a wide, you cant be out caught irrespective of whether you hit it

A ball like that would be called a wide 99/100 times i.e. cant be out caught

However, no player can really complain as the the thing that will catch umps mind is fact he did hit it

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

However, no player can really complain as the the thing that will catch umps mind is fact he did hit it
...you're kidding, aren't you?

The ball cannot be a wide if the batsman hits the ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Haha. If you hit the ball, it's not a wide, irrespective of how wide it actually is.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Is this your first time?

social

How is Social still here with all that one-eyed tripe he is dishing out every post?

Stupid stuff from Australia. Bradman Mark II :laugh:

Excellent stuff from Black Caps. Should not get complaecent now and finish the job.
Obviously time for your fix

"All hail India and death to anyone who says otherwise"

Come back when you get withdrawals again and I'll sort you out

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

What the **** is this supposed to mean? Are you on PCP?

HeathDavisSpeed

What the **** is this supposed to mean? Are you on PCP?
Crankin'

Interestingly, about 2 months ago an umpire in Wellington cricket got the boot for calling a ball 'wide' when the batsman hit it to point.

Social's knowledge of cricket is probably at about that level by the sounds.

duffer

Social's double banged on his crack pipe today. Simply incredible stuff from him.

99*

International Debutant
Look it up - if it's a wide, you cant be out caught
It wasn't a wide though, he was judged to have hit it and therefore it is not a wide. For it to be a wide it can not touch any part of the batsman.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mind boggling that someone who has supposedly played a decent level of cricket would attempt to make the argument you are... :huh:
Yeah, I can just imagine being the bowler and dishing up one well wide of off, only to have the batsman slap it to cover, get caught and then get given not out by Social as he calls a wide. I'd kill him.