• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
Nar everyone knows Patel is just a guy who is always in the team as the countries second best spinner and a more than handy fielder.

Elliott has had a few good games but is getting severely overrated IMO. Sure he could average under 35 with the ball and over 25 with the bat and be moderately handy but to compare him to Oram is madness.
Well he's not better than Oram (though he did only become a genuine allrounder post-06/07). I wouldn't dispute that.

Whilst he's a cult figure on here, elsewhere in NZ the mainstream talkback crowd don't care because he can't bowl 150+ or hit big sixes.8-)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well he's not better than Oram (though he did only become a genuine allrounder post-06/07). I wouldn't dispute that.

Whilst he's a cult figure on here, elsewhere in NZ the mainstream talkback crowd don't care because he can't bowl 150+ or hit big sixes.8-)
He's no Jeeves, BFJ or O'Brien when it comes to cult-fandom.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brilliant Jimmy. There's nothing right about that picture. What's he doing with his ankle? And the less said about his face & eyes, the better!

Polo23

International Debutant
Keep your eye on the ball kiddies!

To be fair, he does have pretty safe hands...but I suppose when you have bananas as fingers it doesnt matter so much about keeping your eyes on the ball. If they are in the relative vicinity of the ball it should stick.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'll give you the reason. Worst catching technique in international cricket.

That shows how he was able to break his finger taking a catch a couple of years back.
Was before the WC, right? With the infamous "I would cut it off if need be" statement.

Although he is pretty safe in the field, probably more to do with his big hands than his technique though.

Perm

Saw James Franklin and Jeetan Patel in the Esk St 24, Invercargill yesterday afternoon. In town for the game against Otago.

I'm sorry you weren't there Athlai :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
My Australian XI

Marsh
Warner
Ponting
Clarke/Hodge/Huss Jr.
Moises
M Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Bracken
McGain
Nannes

Good team…

social

My Australian XI

Marsh
Warner
Ponting
Clarke/Hodge/Huss Jr.
Moises
M Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Bracken
McGain
Nannes

Good team…
Nannes is Dutch, I believe

Henriques has done ZERO (but plays for NSW, so he's probably a shoe-in)

Warner is a talented grade player until proven otherwise

Johnson should be kept for tests

McGain wont get picked but is probably worth a punt

pup11

International Coach
1.Shaun Marsh
2.James Hopes
3.Ricky Ponting (c)
4.Michael Clarke/ Marcus North
5.David Hussey
6.Mike Hussey
7.Brad Haddin (wk)
8.Mitchell Johnson
9.Nathan Haurtiz
10.Ben Hilfenhaus
11.Nathan Bracken
12.Dougie Bollinger
13.Shaun Tait

I don't think too much chopping and changing is required, Clarke if fit should come in for White otherwise North should be picked, Hopes should open instead of Warner.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nannes is Dutch, I believe

Henriques has done ZERO (but plays for NSW, so he's probably a shoe-in)

Warner is a talented grade player until proven otherwise

Johnson should be kept for tests

McGain wont get picked but is probably worth a punt
His not, parents are and he can still play for Aus. Although, it looks likely that he will now play for the Dutch.

Moises as you say hasn't done anything of note but just watching him this year despite not getting the results, he looks the part particularly with the bat.

I wouldn’t have selected Shahid O’Warner but I really fancy him against the New Zealanders and if he is going to prove himself, it is a perfect opportunity. If he fails then he can go back and play second XI cricket for NSW. No real harm done when Shane Watson is still injured.

social

His not, parents are and he can still play for Aus. Although, it looks likely that he will now play for the Dutch.

Moises as you say hasn't done anything of note but just watching him this year despite not getting the results, he looks the part particularly with the bat.

I wouldn’t have selected Shahid O’Warner but I really fancy him against the New Zealanders and if he is going to prove himself, it is a perfect opportunity. If he fails then he can go back and play second XI cricket for NSW. No real harm done when Shane Watson is still injured.
Thought I read somewhere that Nannes had already played/declared allegiancy for Dutch - if not, sorry. Only thing against him is his age.

Moises is obviously a big talent and I've really got no problem with giving him a go but I'd make him a straight swap for Hopes in his current role i.e. bowl/bat 8

For the life of me, I cant work out why they dont play Bollinger, particularly in the current environment - he swings the ball, is a wicket taker and it would be good experience.

Seems it just another case of the selectors putting the blinkers on

Warner is what he is - a talented hitter with no experience. This will either make or break him and IMO there is no need whilst you have equally talented guys on the sideline with thousands of runs behind them

Australia must be relieved to be playing this mob after the SA series loss. I'm tipping a 4-1 win to Australia, the only win that they'll get is a typical 330 posted by Australia and a 49 over chase by NZ. NZ have some very talented batsmen but their bowling is hopeless.

social

Australia must be relieved to be playing this mob after the SA series loss. I'm tipping a 4-1 win to Australia, the only win that they'll get is a typical 330 posted by Australia and a 49 over chase by NZ. NZ have some very talented batsmen but their bowling is hopeless.
News flash - SA arent that good, we're crap so it doesnt matter who we play at the moment