• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

pskov

International 12th Man
He can't just go on accusing fellow international cricketers of wrong doing when he really has no proof to go with what he is saying, though i didn't watch the Haddin incident, as i was only able to catch up on the last 30 balls of the New Zealand innings, but still considering the kind of incident it was, umpires should have been able to spot any foul-play involved, if any!!
I have seen multiple replays and in my mind there is no way Haddin could not have known his gloves were in front of the bails. In my mind it is just as bad a piece of sportsmanship as the Collingwood run out appeal last year.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Not the first time Vettori has taken a pot-shot at an Aussie cricketer during a series, last time around when these two teams played each other in an ODI series, he opened raised doubts over Tait's bowling action, but he is the New Zealand captain, and he really needs to watch his way with the words he uses.
Read the quote again, it was hardly a pot-shot.
Neither is raising doubts over Tait's action.

Seriously, dude.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He can't just go on accusing fellow international cricketers of wrong doing when he really has no proof to go with what he is saying, though i didn't watch the Haddin incident, as i was only able to catch up on the last 30 balls of the New Zealand innings, but still considering the kind of incident it was, umpires should have been able to spot any foul-play involved, if any!!
You should probably try to find the replay, there was a link posted earlier in this thread.

I'm not just whining about this because I support NZ, I'd feel ashamed if McCullum had done it for example.

Flem274*

123/5
Not the first time Vettori has taken a pot-shot at an Aussie cricketer during a series, last time around when these two teams played each other in an ODI series, he opened raised doubts over Tait's bowling action, but he is the New Zealand captain, and he really needs to watch his way with the words he uses.

He can't just go on accusing fellow international cricketers of wrong doing when he really has no proof to go with what he is saying, though i didn't watch the Haddin incident, as i was only able to catch up on the last 30 balls
of the New Zealand innings, but still considering the kind of incident it was, umpires should have been able to spot any foul-play involved, if any!!

Seemed like an excellent game though, even though Australia lost, given their recent run of lacklustre performances, atleast it was good to see Aussies showing some spirit and taking the game down to wire, and this one now promises to be a very good series.

One more thing i would like to touch upon is Australia use of batting PP, i mean they have been using it shockingly so far, we were criticising South Africans for using their batting PP in the last 5 overs, but atleast they had some sort of plan to use it.

Aussies on the other hand look clueless with it, i think Saffies were very smart with the use of their batting PP, they knew Albie Morkel is there biggest power-hitter, so they backed him to make the best use of the batting PP, and Australia need to do something similar, pick a bloke who is best equipped to make most of batting PP, rather than leave it for guys live Hopes, Johnson and the tail.
Har har

pup11

International Coach
Will he be picked in the immediate future?

Probably

Will he make it as an international cricketer?

Really depends upon what the selectors are looking for.

I think he's already shown that he can be an average/steady/run of the mill player BUT I'm far from convinced that he can make the step up from there as he's had plenty of opportunities to make significant contributions this seasons and has fallen short on each occasion
I think he is player in pretty much the Mike Hussey mould, and really i would think of having him in the ODI side, if not the XI, then atleast in the reserves, but i would have him in there.

He is a very reliable and stable batsman, a kind of batsman Australia could do well with atm, i think his OD form has been pretty good and add to that his ability to bowl some good offies, so definitely think he should be in the mix.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Since the 1st of July:
LPRL Taylor 509 @ 84.83 SR 90
CH Gayle 721 @ 72.10 SR 102
S Chanderpaul 376 @ 62.66 SR 79

KP Pietersen 360 @ 60 SR 95
Younis Khan 342 @ 57 SR 91
V Sehwag 507 @ 56.33 SR 123
HM Amla 542 @ 54.20 SR 89
OA Shah 315 @ 52.50 SR 95
RR Sarwan 413 @ 51.62 SR 79
A Flintoff 301 @ 50.16 SR 109

(at least 300 runs average of 50 or more)

So strange not to see an Aussie in that list, Hussey and Marsh are close however. Next closest Kiwi is McCullum @ 30.60 SR 101
I hear they're planning on taking it by storm over the next 4 games :cool: (fingers crossed)

Burgey

If he says he's 100% positive I guess I'll have to take his word for it. But I have to say I still find it extremely hard to believe, looked at the replay a lot of times now and I still don't believe the ball touched the wicket or bails (but I'm extremely biased).

I'll let it go now though.
But that's how the problem started in the first place....:huh:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Of feck, so much for it being minor.
We seriously need some extra depth to our batting now.

Yeah, I suppose Cumming can come into the middle order at the expense of Patel, but then we are missing out on bowling overs from Ryder and will have to rely on Elliott for 10.

Wouldn't mind NZ taking a punt and bringing across someone like Williamson. Or maybe a better idea is Flynn (or How?) and play him at 3.

I just dont have much confidence in a middle order consisting of Fulton, Cumming, and Elliott especially after how Elliott and Fulton batted the other day.

pup11

International Coach
I have seen multiple replays and in my mind there is no way Haddin could not have known his gloves were in front of the bails. In my mind it is just as bad a piece of sportsmanship as the Collingwood run out appeal last year.
You should probably try to find the replay, there was a link posted earlier in this thread.

I'm not just whining about this because I support NZ, I'd feel ashamed if McCullum had done it for example.
Well if its that obvious that Haddin had intentionally cheated, then i think Ponting is being stupid in defending him, and the second thing is what were the umpires doing, when this incident transpired??

Burgey

That was horrible by Haddin. I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant act of cheating on a cricket field. He must get a ban.
Been watching three months?

That's not to excuse him BTW, but there's been plenty as bad or worse tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
How/Watling/Pinga
Guptill
Flynn (pfft) or Fulton
Taylor
Broom
Elliott
McCullum (down here for balance)
Mills
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien

Thats one inexperienced, fragile line up.

Flem274*

123/5
Well if its that obvious that Haddin had intentionally cheated, then i think Ponting is being stupid in defending him, and the second thing is what were the umpires doing, when this incident transpired??
A) Vettori did not accuse him of cheating.

B) it was obvious he made a stuff up and its 50/50 at best on whether he knew or not.

C) The umpires were ******** all night

D) I wouldn't want to stake my life on the IQ of Ricky Ponting

Burgey

They weren't doing anything mate, because until you saw the slow-mo you couldn't tell anything. It looked salmon trout.

I think the issue isn't so much a suggestion Haddin has deliberately had his gloves touch the stumps (though the X Files members like Cowboys Fan - or CBF as I like to call him - may disagree) but rather that he knew or ought to have known there was a doubt over whether the batsman had been bowled and he should have said or doen somethign about that.

At least, I think that's the beef here.

Flem274*

123/5
And Fulton still plays? :(

Interested to see who replaces Marsh and Punter/Hussey if they are rested. Hughes, Symonds and Carseldine (:))?
The real Peter Fulton is gun. Don't know who this imposter with none of the precise foot movement or confidence of Fulton. James Marshall on stilts probably.

Our problem is all the domestic run scorers are Matthew "Ramprakash" Sinclair, journeymen (like Cumming) or teenagers, like Williamson.

All the ready made guys in form like Broom and Guptill are in the team. The likes of Greg Hay are batting like **** this year.