• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can David Warner settle as an opener in australian team??

Do you think David Warner has a potential to be an International Cricketer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pup11

International Coach
Already signed up by the Delhi Daredevils. Got him before his 2020 debut for Oz, so doubtless saved themselves a few quid.
Nah if i am not wrong he is already pretty highly paid, apparently the Daredevil' scouts have been keeping an eye on him for a long time and they have pretty impressed by his exploits in the top-end series and then for NSW, if Moises Henriques is getting paid US $300,000, despite doing nothing this season, one thinks Warner too might have got a fat pay-cheque even before his T20 international debut.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah if i am not wrong he is already pretty highly paid, apparently the Daredevil' scouts have been keeping an eye on him for a long time and they have pretty impressed by his exploits in the top-end series and then for NSW, if Moises Henriques is getting paid US $300,000, despite doing nothing this season, one thinks Warner too might have got a fat pay-cheque even before his T20 international debut.
Heard he's getting around 450k. If he canfind some semblance of consistency then they've got an explosive top 3 with him Gambhir and Sehwag.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Warner = Di Venuto.

Both LH openers were considered a breath of fresh air when they started and both have a Highest Score of 89 for Australia.

pup11

International Coach
He was at the time really.

He made 23 off 14 on debut and made a 74 ball 77, both explosive innings back in '97.
Warner unlike Di Venuto doesn't seem to have a single defensive bone in his body, his batting is all about attack, he is tremendously strong through the square region on both sides of the wicket, and he packs a serious punch with most strokes he plays, and Di Venuto hardly used to bat like Warner, though the hype and their starts could be said to be similar, but i think Warner in terms of stroke-play is a bit like Jayasuriya or Sehwag.

Precambrian

Banned
Warner unlike Di Venuto doesn't seem to have a single defensive bone in his body, his batting is all about attack, he is tremendously strong through the square region on both sides of the wicket, and he packs a serious punch with most strokes he plays, and Di Venuto hardly used to bat like Warner, though the hype and their starts could be said to be similar, but i think Warner in terms of stroke-play is a bit like Jayasuriya or Sehwag.
FFS he is just a T20 innings old, and has failed in another T20 and ODI,

I don't expect him to end up even near Venuto as a batsman.

pup11

International Coach
FFS he is just a T20 innings old, and has failed in another T20 and ODI,

I don't expect him to end up even near Venuto as a batsman.
What' your problem dude, where the hell did i say that Warner is a much better batsman than Di Venuto, all i said was he is a much aggressive batsman than Di Venuto, now read the posts carefully first before starting throwing around your FFS'....

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Worth bumping this thread. Can Warner be like a Sehwag ? Walks in, wrecks havoc and leaves debris behind. Even if he doesn't do it very often , but worth it when he does it ?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think he will go through a phase probably soon, where he will over achieve and have a 70 run average or something. And then he will crash to reality when the video analysts have seen enough of him to figure him out. Then he will address his issues make a few good knocks and then finally fall out of favour.