Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mohammad Asif arrested at New Delhi airport

Mohammad Asif arrested at New Delhi airport

NEW DELHI (Shahid Hashmi): Pakistani fast bowler, Muhammad Asif, has reportedly been arrested by the Indian authorities at his arrival on New Delhi airport, ARY OneWorld reported here Saturday.

Reason for his detention has not been disclosed yet. However, an Indian TV channel has said he was arrested as his travel documents were incomplete.

He was being interrogated by the immigration officials of New Delhi airport at the moment, says ARY OneWorld.

Asif left for India from Quaid-i-Azam International Airport early today to receive his dues from Delhi Daredevils.

Before his departure he had said his meeting with the officials of Delhi Daredevils is scheduled for today in which issues arising in the last seven months would be discussed and future planning would also be considered.

Mohammad Asif had said that the management of Delhi Daredevils has ensured him complete security during his stay in India.

Mohammad Asif arrested at New Delhi airport,1/17/2009 10:34:40 PM

was he without his passport?

Has Shoaib Akhtar been blamed yet ?

Banned
    Asif won't be able to make a comeback in Pakistani side. Many young guys like Shoaib Khan and Talha have emerged.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Harrison View Post
    Asif won't be able to make a comeback in Pakistani side. Many young guys like Shoaib Khan and Talha have emerged.
    Disagree, Asif will be in the team right away as soon as he is cleared by IPL & ICC.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    according to times of india
    "Asif has a five-year visa issued to him which states he can travel to India as an international cricketer to play in the Indian Premier League.

"But since he has gone on a private visit and not to play cricket, he was supposed to inform the Indian High Commission in Islamabad for clearance which he didn't do," one source said.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiati...how/3994940.cms

even if above is the reason than it still is ridicules both from asif for not checking his visa and for airport officials....i would like to see what happens if a non Pakistani cricketer enters india same way as asif did and we all know ( who know how things work in both india and pakistan) that couple of telephone calls would have taken care off this issue....even for symonds
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Mohammad Asif sure keeps us entertained.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Mohammad Asif sure keeps us entertained.
    Would have been better if that entertainment was on the field.

Nah, need the off-field characters.

Banned
    However a bit of on-field stuff certainly adds to the spice.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Im guessing the article is badly written. It looks like poor English usage.

There is no way Asif is 'arrested' for incomplete travel docs. He may be detained for a short while but he isnt arrested.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Don't do avatar bets.
    How long do you have that avatar, Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    .i would like to see what happens if a non Pakistani cricketer enters india same way as asif did and we all know ( who know how things work in both india and pakistan) that couple of telephone calls would have taken care off this issue....even for symonds
    Asif denies immigration problem, meets Daredevils management

New Delhi/Karachi, Jan 18 (PTI) Suspended Pakistani pacer Mohammad Asif's personal visit to Delhi turned out to be highly controversial amid reports that he faced immigration problems, a fact which the bowler today vehemently denied.
    Ever since landing in Delhi, Asif had problems with airport authorities for carrying insufficient travel documents but the dope-tainted paceman today came out with a statement through Delhi Daredevils, his team in the Indian Premier League, dismissing those reports.

"I was very pained by the reports in the newspapers and television this morning about my arrival to New Delhi. I wish to clarify that there was absolutely no problem at the Delhi airport on my arrival," Asif claimed.

"I came to New Delhi via Mumbai and I was welcomed whole-heartedly there and all immigration formalities were concluded there ... I am very happy to be in New Delhi and India once again," said the Pakistani player.

"My visit to Delhi is like coming from one home to another. I hope to meet my teammates like Virender Sehwag once again," Asif said in the statement.

Despite his denial of ever being detained or arrested by Indian immigration authorities, sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board confirmed he faced problems and avoided being deported only after the intervention of the Pakistan embassy in Delhi.

"Given the current state of relations between Pakistan and India, it is understandable that no one wants this incident highlighted," a PCB source said. PTI

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Bloke can't get on a plane without being arrested. Incredible.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Bloke can't get on a plane without being arrested. Incredible.
    I found that summation quite amusing!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information