• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This tournie is approaching a Kitply Cup level of meh. Hope we win but doubt I'll bother following it.
I wonder which struggling has-been brand will sponsor this series....

p.s. What is that cat listening to???

biased indian

International Coach
I must have completely lost track of international cricket.

Why are India going to SL again? I swear we were there playing 5 ODIs (and 3 tests) just recently.
The BCCI wanted to make up for losses from the England series due to the terrorist activity in Mumbai. Right?
in that series actually only 2 ODI's was lost

the cancellation of Champions league was the main reason for money loss

biased indian

International Coach
See above. Yay, another limited overs series just half a year after India last was in SL.

Could have played three Tests with England this side of Christmas instead. (Yes, I know England weren't too keen on that idea.)
common hakon we had a series with Pakistan this space was created only because that got cancelled...to the credit of BCCi they actually asked NZ for an extra test rather than 2 ODI....at least it some cricket i am happy

Precambrian

Banned
common hakon we had a series with Pakistan this space was created only because that got cancelled...to the credit of BCCi they actually asked NZ for an extra test rather than 2 ODI....at least it some cricket i am happy
Why can't they conduct a three ODI series and use the balance days to get in a practise match in NZ?

biased indian

International Coach
Why can't they conduct a three ODI series and use the balance days to get in a practise match in NZ?
india is already reaching NZ 6 or 8 days in advance to accommodate the extra test and 20/20..its NZ cricket who has to decide how long we are supposed to stay in that country the r\traveling and logistics..the maximum we could have done i think is to remove the two 20/20 and fit in a three day match

but since we are playing two 20/20 and 5 ODI's before the test i am ok with it ..playing international game is always a better practice than a first class game aganist a second eleven of a state/county side

Evermind

International Debutant
He's as popular as any other Indian actor. You might need to look at his fanbase outside India especially East Asia.
I live in East Asia (well, South East Asia) and nobody has heard of him except the expatriate South Indians.

East Asia = China, Japan, Korea. Are you saying that he's popular in those places? No he isn't.

Precambrian

Banned
india is already reaching NZ 6 or 8 days in advance to accommodate the extra test and 20/20..its NZ cricket who has to decide how long we are supposed to stay in that country the r\traveling and logistics..the maximum we could have done i think is to remove the two 20/20 and fit in a three day match

but since we are playing two 20/20 and 5 ODI's before the test i am ok with it ..playing international game is always a better practice than a first class game aganist a second eleven of a state/county side
Disagree. Firstly the International matches here are ODIs. I don't know how much of practise people get from playing ODIs. Secondly, they are held in SL, and diametrically opposite to what can be expected in NZ. Thirdly, NZC officially decides the length of the tourney, but I don't think they can refuse BCCI's "request" to reach there a few days earlier and get in a practise game. In fact they'll be quite glad.

Precambrian

Banned
I live in East Asia (well, South East Asia) and nobody has heard of him except the expatriate South Indians.

East Asia = China, Japan, Korea. Are you saying that he's popular in those places? No he isn't.
Maybe you haven't. However truth is that Sivaji was released in theatres in Malaysia, where there are a lot of Tamil expats. And in case you don't know, his film "Muthu" was a sleeper hit in Japan (of all places :mellow:) and fans use to come from that country to India to see him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

I am sure he is extremely popular in Japan... Our PM mentioned his name as an indication of cultural ties between Japan and India in his speech at the Japan Parliament.. (think it is called Diet)..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Disagree. Firstly the International matches here are ODIs. I don't know how much of practise people get from playing ODIs. Secondly, they are held in SL, and diametrically opposite to what can be expected in NZ. Thirdly, NZC officially decides the length of the tourney, but I don't think they can refuse BCCI's "request" to reach there a few days earlier and get in a practise game. In fact they'll be quite glad.
But we have 5 ODIs and 2 T20s before the tests in NZ itself.. I guess bi talked abt that as the preparation..

I don't think it is ideal but I can live with it if it means the extra test...

Precambrian

Banned
But we have 5 ODIs and 2 T20s before the tests in NZ itself.. I guess bi talked abt that as the preparation..

I don't think it is ideal but I can live with it if it means the extra test...
There are absolutely Zilch practice games for the Indians to get used to the conditions in NZ.

And ODIs in SL can hardly be called practice. It is in terms of batsmen to keep middling the ball, but serves nothing for the pace bowlers but hard struggle.

I am not completely against these ODIs, IMHO, 3 would do fine and India can use the extra 4 days to get in a practise match.

Now the situation is that the 20-20s will be used as practise games. Which is undesirable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There are absolutely Zilch practice games for the Indians to get used to the conditions in NZ.

And ODIs in SL can hardly be called practice. It is in terms of batsmen to keep middling the ball, but serves nothing for the pace bowlers but hard struggle.

I am not completely against these ODIs, IMHO, 3 would do fine and India can use the extra 4 days to get in a practise match.

Now the situation is that the 20-20s will be used as practise games. Which is undesirable.
ok.. gotcha now.. and yeah, tbh, I agree with that point..

biased indian

International Coach

you are not getting the point NZ cricket might not want to host India for too many days also we are already staying for 6-8 days extra ..they have to take care of the additional travel and lodging problems....so to fit in practice game we will have to remove international games in NZ

buy reducing the 5 ODI series in SL to 3 ODI what you are gaining

Precambrian

Banned
you are not getting the point NZ cricket might not want to host India for too many days also we are already staying for 6-8 days extra ..they have to take care of the additional travel and lodging problems....so to fit in practice game we will have to remove international games in NZ

buy reducing the 5 ODI series in SL to 3 ODI what you are gaining
Gain atleast 4-5 days which can be used to play a 3 or 4 day game in New Zealand and accustom the players to NZ conditions.

There is nothing to gain from extra two ODIs.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really bothered by lack of acclimitisation considering we have a whole heap of ODI's to get our bearings in time for the Tests.

biased indian

International Coach
What if NZ was not keen to host us for the extra days

the SL ODI's had nothing to do it the most BCCI could have done was scrap the 20/20 and have 4 day match...but as i said before will take international game be it of any mode over a FC match aganist a second string team of that team