• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
How is Kohli crucial for the tests in New Zealand? He needs more experience in ODIs and is not a test prospect at the moment.
We'd prefer he play more first-class cricket, like Kaif is now. That will help his batting a great deal, as he'll be used to building big innings, not playing slam-bang cameos like Yuvraj did for nearly all of his career.
Sharma and Badrinath definitely need to be in the Duleep Trophy as they're the top contenders for a place in the test side.
That's a dicey issue, and may go either way. Truth is, Badrinath has played for almost all eternity in the Indian FC/List-A circuit and should be ready for international action. The SL series should help him play himself in.
Finally, why do you have Sachin in the Duleep Trophy if Yuvraj is headed to Sri Lanka?
Because Sachin is more crucial in New Zealand than Yuvraj. This split was done with winning the New Zealand series in mind. For Yuvraj, this series is an opportunity to play himself in as a leading batsman.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm not stereotyping the whole country - I have a lot of lovely Pakistani friends. I'm only generalising the behaviour of the cricket team.

To me, Miandad's achievements, for example, mean very little - he's in bed with India's most wanted terrorist. Who knows how he achieved what he did: through talent or coercion?
I am not sure how his connections with Dawood Ibrahim helped him score international hundreds, tbh.. :unsure:

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Bloody hell. Not another ODI series!! FFS. Get the boys to play some domestic cricket and get them in a plane to NZ atleast two weeks to get accustomed to the conditions and play an XI there.

Hey welcome back precamb havent seen you in a while

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian squad for SL announced.

This is possibly the best squad announced in recent times, given the options at hand, but the forthcoming tournament is not worth a team so strong. Rather, they can't risk another injury or a drop in form. Already they've lost Harbhajan to injury, and we don't know if Sachin will make it till the end of this series and beyond- he's already recovering from a fever. It's good to see four all-rounder prospects, though at least one may miss out- but with Pragyan Ojha as a regular ODI spinner, Jadeja is worth a shout as that.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I think BCCI is thinking too much about money rather than actualt sport/cricket.

Indians would better have some good practise sessions on hard and bouncy/juicy tracks before they go to NZ...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
He is India's superstar.

He acted in only handful of Bolly movies. Try and watch some of his Tamil ones like Shivaji, with subtitles. Guaranteed entertainment.
Shivaji was real gem of picture.. I liked that movie..

Great performance by Rajni

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Now THIS is a diversion we will love...

Back to where we started...On Dial C for Confrontation...um...Cricket, they were arguing about Sachin and Zaheer not getting rest, Irfan getting picked, Kartik left out (this time, the man wasn't talking), but here are (my own) highlights of the selection:

THE GOOD
  • Strongest Indian side, barring Harbhajan's injury
  • Harbhajan not playing- give him a break
  • Four all-rounders in the squad, not counting Dhoni
  • Everyone in good form

THE NOT SO GOOD
  • Sachin, Ishant and Zaheer overworked
  • Badrinath and Mishra left out
  • Pragyan Ojha selected
  • Munaf's fielding questionable, against a very agile SL side

What were they thinking: Already one injured, yet a full team for a relatively meaningless series. Any more injuries to come before Operation Storm New Zealand? Besides that, they seem to have got it right. This should have been the team for New Zealand instead.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I must have completely lost track of international cricket.

Why are India going to SL again? I swear we were there playing 5 ODIs (and 3 tests) just recently.

adharcric

International Coach
I must have completely lost track of international cricket.

Why are India going to SL again? I swear we were there playing 5 ODIs (and 3 tests) just recently.
The BCCI wanted to make up for losses from the England series due to the terrorist activity in Mumbai. Right?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This tournie is approaching a Kitply Cup level of meh. Hope we win but doubt I'll bother following it.