Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    i will be rooting for pakistan to never play international cricket regardless of whether they get their **** together. good riddance to cheats and chuckers.
    how does this guy get away with this??

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    how does this guy get away with this??
    I am joking.

But only half-joking. Sadly, the Pakistan team - with Afridi's drill into the pitch, Shoaib and Asif's ridiculous "pardon" from the PCB in spite of obvious guilt, Shoaib's questionable action, repeated drug offences, mafia connections, discipline problems, ball-tampering issues and routine match-fixing issues - has tarnished its own image beyond repair. There is little nobility in a team playing a game like that, all the more so because they obviously don't lack talent.

I find it pathetic and I'm allowed that opinion.

State Captain
    I am joking.

But only half-joking. Sadly, the Pakistan team - with Afridi's drill into the pitch, Shoaib and Asif's ridiculous "pardon" from the PCB in spite of obvious guilt, Shoaib's questionable action, repeated drug offences, mafia connections, discipline problems, ball-tampering issues and routine match-fixing issues - has tarnished its own image beyond repair. There is little nobility in a team playing a game like that, all the more so because they obviously don't lack talent.

Yes, you are allowed to your opinion on players. But you can't stereotype the whole country.
    I personally found it offensive and I'm not even Pakistani.

Yes, you are allowed to your opinion on players. But you can't stereotype the whole country.
    I'm not stereotyping the whole country - I have a lot of lovely Pakistani friends. I'm only generalising the behaviour of the cricket team.

To me, Miandad's achievements, for example, mean very little - he's in bed with India's most wanted terrorist. Who knows how he achieved what he did: through talent or coercion?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Whom would you fit into the xI? Already they have Maharoof (lower-order runs), Thushara (extra pace, lower-order runs), Kulasekara (steady for ODIs, lower-order runs), Mendis (new-age phenomenon) and Muralitharan (enough said) in the last ODI so far, and that's not counting Vaas, Malinga and Dilhara. Will Sanath be bowling? We don't know if he can play as a full-fledged bowler now.
    Still he's a good 5th bowler, but we need someone in additional when playing India, as they are damn good against spin.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

Don't worry mate attacking Pakistan on these forums is a fashion statement these days. You are new you will get use to it.

I am joking.

yup no other team seems to have any controversies.

And can you back up your comments on the points I have highlighted, its very easy to talk **** on an internet forum atleast give some credible evidence to your accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post

yup no other team seems to have any controversies.

And can you back up your comments on the points I have highlighted, its very easy to talk **** on an internet forum atleast give some credible evidence to your accusations.
    The Dawood-Miandad Marriage

BBC News | CRICKET | Malik guilty of match-fixing

Really, there's evidence all over the internet.

I'm not stereotyping the whole country - I have a lot of lovely Pakistani friends. I'm only generalising the behaviour of the cricket team.

To me, Miandad's achievements, for example, mean very little - he's in bed with India's most wanted terrorist. Who knows how he achieved what he did: through talent or coercion?
    Yeah the whole world knows PCB is funded by Dawood Ibrahim, so I suggest lets put a ban on PCB with all the other terrorist organizations.

where is Shoaib's name in both the articles.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Don't worry mate attacking Pakistan on these forums is a fashion statement these days. You are new you will get use to it.
    It's pretty severe, particularly in the series of closed OT threads. Still, regarding cricket it just reflects the fact that there's next to nothing to like about them. currently
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It's pretty severe, particularly in the series of closed OT threads. Still, regarding cricket it just reflects the fact that there's next to nothing to like about them. currently
    I agree even I am not happy with the current state of the Pakistani team but despite this how can anyone justify this statement.

i will be rooting for pakistan to never play international cricket regardless of whether they get their **** together. good riddance to cheats and chuckers

where is Shoaib's name in both the articles.
    It's got nothing to do with Shoaib. I was talking about the team's match-fixing issues and mafia connections, not Shoaib's. Maybe it wasn't clear from the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Sachin, Ishant and Munaf are needed for the NZ series, so they can give this one a miss. They've defeated a stronger SL team (possibly the strongest in some time) a little while earlier, so they need to be ready for the series they've never clinched.

The bottom five can have both Pathans, Harbhajan, Praveen Kumar and Dhawal Kulkarni, with Ravi Jadeja and Sreesanth in reserve. This should help the second line players assume a frontline role and those a little out of form to play themselves back to top form before the NZ series.
    we dont have any practice matches in new zealand for us.so i dont think anybody is going to be rested.i hope sreesanth gets picked but i would rather he play in the duleep trophy to prove himself before the kiwi series.ravi jadeja is the highest wicket taker and 5th highest scorer(@72.9)in the ranji's.he could be our genuine all-rounder if he turns out to be a find.i would rather pick him than mishra for the 2nd spinner in the team.

Since you are so paranoid with cheating and controversies I am sure you must be feeling that any team that is embroiled in controversies should not be playing the game.Just a few examples:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/in_d...et/1055889.stm

Cricinfo - Dravid fined for ball-tampering

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information