• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What other side do you support?

What other side do you support other than your home side

• Total voters

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This thread has been done before, but it was a while ago, so interested to revisit...

Whats your 2nd favourite side or the team (if any) that you support other than your home side?

Last edited:

Zinzan

Went for Bangladesh, just ahead of WI and England.
Nice to see someone cheering for Bangladesh tbh, I voted for them last time but have taken a liking to Smith & the SA side ever since the test series in England last year.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Always been a SA supporter since 1998, occasionally even more than an England supporter.

When England and SA are playing other sides, I'm generally more interested in England than SA - that is, I follow said series' with more attention-to-detail. But in England vs SA series', it honestly doesn't hugely bother me which side wins. I could enjoy SA's victory over here last summer to some extent (the fact that it forced Michael Vaughan out was a disappointment, otherwise I'd have almost been able to enjoy it completely) and certainly wouldn't have been downcast with an England win either.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I couldn't really be a passionate SA supporter and also support another side.. But when two neutral teams are playing, I tend to like to see New Zealand, Zimbabwe, England and Namibia on the winning side if they are playing.. Dig New Zealand actually after this summer series, what a stunning place..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BTW I predict there'll be a hell of a lot of British members voting for Bangladesh due to the more-common-if-not-exclusive-to over here habit of barracking for the sides who've obviously got precious little chance.

Langeveldt

Soutie
BTW I predict there'll be a hell of a lot of British members voting for Bangladesh due to the more-common-if-not-exclusive-to over here habit of barracking for the sides who've obviously got precious little chance.
But don't the British like underdogs who show fight? Bangladesh punch below their weight, are generally spineless and I can't stand them.. Wouldn't Zimbabwe be more worthy, a side who fight against adversity?

Zinzan

Have a feeling you may well be right there

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But don't the British like underdogs who show fight? Bangladesh punch below their weight, are generally spineless and I can't stand them.. Wouldn't Zimbabwe be more worthy, a side who fight against adversity?
I think the British purely like the team which has next to no chance TBH, that's what my experiences lead me to the conclusion of.

As I say, certainly not confined to the British - remember how the Australians cheered at Darren Gough's batting sometime in 1994/95 after the utterly wretched start to the trip that England had. But it's almost beyond doubt more common here than elsewhere.

Zinzan

Always been a SA supporter since 1998, occasionally even more than an England supporter.

When England and SA are playing other sides, I'm generally more interested in England than SA - that is, I follow said series' with more attention-to-detail. But in England vs SA series', it honestly doesn't hugely bother me which side wins. I could enjoy SA's victory over here last summer to some extent (the fact that it forced Michael Vaughan out was a disappointment, otherwise I'd have almost been able to enjoy it completely) and certainly wouldn't have been downcast with an England win either.
Yours is a particularly bizarre case, I must say

inbox24

International Debutant
Oops wrong thread,

New Zealand

Loads and loads of talent, not enough consistency and performance. They definitely need better domestic structure to get that out of their players.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Is this going in your dossier of personal information that you hold on every CW member, zinzan?

krkode

State Captain
Besides being an India fan, I'd have to say that England is probably my second-favorite team. Comes from years and years of playing ICC which has made me far more familiar with English cricketers than of any other country. In fact, I probably know more domestic English cricketers than I do Indian. It also comes from them being a sort of the underdog but not so hopeless that they can't sneak a victory anyway.

Other favorite teams include Sri Lanka and New Zealand but that was mostly because I really love Jayasuriya and Bond, who unfortunately, don't play international cricket anymore.