View Poll Results: What other side do you support other than your home side

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

    2 2.44%
  • South Africa

    20 24.39%
  • India

    3 3.66%
  • Sri Lanka

    6 7.32%
  • Pakistan

    2 2.44%
  • New Zealand

    7 8.54%
  • West Indies

    10 12.20%
  • Bangladesh

    8 9.76%
  • Zimbabwe

    1 1.22%
  • England

    7 8.54%
  • Don't care about any other sides

    16 19.51%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105

Thread: What other side do you support?

  1. #1
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,047

    What other side do you support?

    This thread has been done before, but it was a while ago, so interested to revisit...

    Whats your 2nd favourite side or the team (if any) that you support other than your home side?
    Last edited by Zinzan; 13-01-2009 at 02:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,849
    Went for Bangladesh, just ahead of WI and England.

  3. #3
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,047
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Went for Bangladesh, just ahead of WI and England.
    Nice to see someone cheering for Bangladesh tbh, I voted for them last time but have taken a liking to Smith & the SA side ever since the test series in England last year.

  4. #4
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Always been a SA supporter since 1998, occasionally even more than an England supporter.

    When England and SA are playing other sides, I'm generally more interested in England than SA - that is, I follow said series' with more attention-to-detail. But in England vs SA series', it honestly doesn't hugely bother me which side wins. I could enjoy SA's victory over here last summer to some extent (the fact that it forced Michael Vaughan out was a disappointment, otherwise I'd have almost been able to enjoy it completely) and certainly wouldn't have been downcast with an England win either.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006


  5. #5
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    18,887
    Always been West Indies, If only they picked Dave

  6. #6
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    I couldn't really be a passionate SA supporter and also support another side.. But when two neutral teams are playing, I tend to like to see New Zealand, Zimbabwe, England and Namibia on the winning side if they are playing.. Dig New Zealand actually after this summer series, what a stunning place..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    BTW I predict there'll be a hell of a lot of British members voting for Bangladesh due to the more-common-if-not-exclusive-to over here habit of barracking for the sides who've obviously got precious little chance.

  8. #8
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    BTW I predict there'll be a hell of a lot of British members voting for Bangladesh due to the more-common-if-not-exclusive-to over here habit of barracking for the sides who've obviously got precious little chance.
    But don't the British like underdogs who show fight? Bangladesh punch below their weight, are generally spineless and I can't stand them.. Wouldn't Zimbabwe be more worthy, a side who fight against adversity?

  9. #9
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    BTW I predict there'll be a hell of a lot of British members voting for Bangladesh due to the more-common-if-not-exclusive-to over here habit of barracking for the sides who've obviously got precious little chance.
    Have a feeling you may well be right there

  10. #10
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    But don't the British like underdogs who show fight? Bangladesh punch below their weight, are generally spineless and I can't stand them.. Wouldn't Zimbabwe be more worthy, a side who fight against adversity?
    I think the British purely like the team which has next to no chance TBH, that's what my experiences lead me to the conclusion of.

    As I say, certainly not confined to the British - remember how the Australians cheered at Darren Gough's batting sometime in 1994/95 after the utterly wretched start to the trip that England had. But it's almost beyond doubt more common here than elsewhere.

  11. #11
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Always been a SA supporter since 1998, occasionally even more than an England supporter.

    When England and SA are playing other sides, I'm generally more interested in England than SA - that is, I follow said series' with more attention-to-detail. But in England vs SA series', it honestly doesn't hugely bother me which side wins. I could enjoy SA's victory over here last summer to some extent (the fact that it forced Michael Vaughan out was a disappointment, otherwise I'd have almost been able to enjoy it completely) and certainly wouldn't have been downcast with an England win either.
    Yours is a particularly bizarre case, I must say

  12. #12
    International Debutant inbox24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,108
    Oops wrong thread,

    New Zealand

    Loads and loads of talent, not enough consistency and performance. They definitely need better domestic structure to get that out of their players.
    Last edited by inbox24; 13-01-2009 at 03:32 AM.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,642
    Is this going in your dossier of personal information that you hold on every CW member, zinzan?

  14. #14
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Is this going in your dossier of personal information that you hold on every CW member, zinzan?
    Haha, don't give away all my secrets

  15. #15
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Yours is a particularly bizarre case, I must say
    Ind33d.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 22-03-2005, 02:22 PM
  2. Support
    By Piper in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 07:05 AM
  3. Who do you Support II, Aus/Eng?
    By Sehwag309 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 26-08-2004, 12:03 AM
  4. Who do you support? Ind/Pak
    By Sehwag309 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 21-08-2004, 12:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •