• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What other side do you support?

What other side do you support other than your home side

• Total voters

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Depends on individual players and the general state of play a bit, but I'm more likely to support England in a neutral game than any other side.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But don't the British like underdogs who show fight? Bangladesh punch below their weight, are generally spineless and I can't stand them.. Wouldn't Zimbabwe be more worthy, a side who fight against adversity?
Generally every time a hopeless team loses here, we roll out the cliches of "gave it their all, never gave up, heads didn't drop, showed great spirit" regardless of whether there's any truth in it or not. It's most evident in the cup competitions.

I watched Derby beat Man Utd 1-0 in the Carling Cup last week and they showed what "giving your all" really meant. Not a player in the side seemed to stop sprinting for the entire match, and every time someone in the opposition got the ball, three men would jump on him. That's a real spirited performance, worthy of respect, and it happens in about 1 in 10 matches involving an underdog. But generally any side who decides to bother showing up for a match they're likely to lose will be the subject of a love-in by commentators and quacks throughout the country. Regarding Bangladesh, i completely agree with you. Of all the "test" sides, they're by far my least favourite.

For me, South Africa, largely because they produce the most endearing players. I'd support Sri Lanka against anyone else too. It's interesting how many people have England as a second team. I quite like their side myself, but i wonder how many would have them as a second team in football :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised at the lack of Sri Lanka love to be honest, they'd be my third side

England
WI
SL
SA
Aus
India
NZ
Pakistan
Bangladesh

krkode

State Captain
I find it interesting that India and Pakistan are nobody's second-favorite team. :p

I suppose we have enough for whom they are vehemently 1st favorite. >.>

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it interesting that India and Pakistan are nobody's second-favorite team. :p

I suppose we have enough for whom they are vehemently 1st favorite. >.>
Haha, yeah that's true, moreso in the case of India. Pakistan just don't currently have much to like about them.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
It depends on the situation of the series/game more than anything else.

I don't subscribe to hating other teams like Australia, thouigh I would rather see them lose, simply because they are the best team in the world. I would quite happily see any team win a series though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Without wishing to be too fruity, it's probably "cricket". I saw some of the highlights of the second Oz/SA 2020 when I got in from work and wasn't overly arsed who won (probly leant slightly towards Oz, which isn't a phrase I use lightly) but saw three moments to gladden the heart of any red blooded cricket fan: Ponting's square cut off M Morkel (orgasmic shot), Morkel's reaction run-out of Punter &, best of all, Duminy's near impossible catch from Hussey minor. It's moments like those that I watch cricket as a neutral for. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Couldn't give a **** LOL

I decide on a series-by-series basis who I want to win. More likely to back the underdog, in all honesty, just the way I am when it's not my own team (or often when it is itbt, lol)

ozone

First Class Debutant
Don't really support any team other than England, but enjoy watching South Africa and West Indies more than any other side. Went for South Africa here, 'cos they're all round best to watch ATM.

JBH001

International Regular
Sri Lanka and New Zealand (whenever they are not playing Sri Lanka).

Not too fussed about the rest tbh, although I would usually support the underdogs.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka are probably my second favourite team followed by India or Australia. Have always liked Australia but because of their dominance for the entire period that I have followed cricket have found them difficult to support. This has changed somewhat after spending some time there and I have been supporting them against South Africa. (No surprise then that they lost)

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
England

West Indies
Pakistan
New Zealand
Sri Lanka

India
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
South Africa

Australia (until Ricky Ponting retires)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Without wishing to be too fruity, it's probably "cricket". I saw some of the highlights of the second Oz/SA 2020 when I got in from work and wasn't overly arsed who won (probly leant slightly towards Oz, which isn't a phrase I use lightly) but saw three moments to gladden the heart of any red blooded cricket fan: Ponting's square cut off M Morkel (orgasmic shot), Morkel's reaction run-out of Punter &, best of all, Duminy's near impossible catch from Hussey minor. It's moments like those that I watch cricket as a neutral for. :)
Yeah, this. Especially so with two neutral sides playing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whoever I have money on :ph34r:

In all honesty, I'd say Bangladesh and then Sri Lanka.

Always been a fan of South African players the most, even when they're mediocre. Andrew Hall and Nicky Boje were :cool: