• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

S. Africa will demolish England - Wessels

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kepler Wessels, in an interview published in the Northampton Chronicle and Echo, has written off England's chances of beating South Africa this summer.

Wessels report

I think he's wrong (although he makes a good case for Thorpe's inclusion)

Eclipse

International Debutant
He also said they would demolish Australia.

Should be a good series England will have to play well but should have the edje at home.

Craig

World Traveller
I doubt it, but one will never know. I would not be surprised if Key gets axed and Crawley, Thorpe make a good case for a recall. Then again there is Rikki Clarke.

"England haven't got a chance. They need to pick their best players if they are going to be in with a shout of winning."
If South Africa wins 5-0, it will give them a winning streak of 14 Tests victories :O :O :O :O

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I doubt it, but one will never know. I would not be surprised if Key gets axed and Crawley, Thorpe make a good case for a recall. Then again there is Rikki Clarke.
Crawley won't play for England again IMO.
Thorpe is a possible, but not sure who he'd replace, as Flintoff will return in place of Key and move McGrath up to 5 I would expect.
And are you trying to wind us up by mentioning R**** C*****? ;)

Craig said:
If South Africa wins 5-0, it will give them a winning streak of 14 Tests victories :O :O :O :O
That's not far off the record is it?!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cloete said:
:O :O :O . marc don't use such explicit language!! i really feel this post should be reported:lol:
LOL. I wonder whether the 'naughties filter' can be adjusted to blot it out?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think SA will beat England, but not convincingly, I think Wessels knows that full well, nobody is going to get thrashed in this series, it will go down to the wire...

Some explicit language for some players i really dont like :D

R***** K**
A****** P*****
S**** H*******
J**** F*****
R**** P*******

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I think SA will beat England, but not convincingly, I think Wessels knows that full well, nobody is going to get thrashed in this series, it will go down to the wire...

Some explicit language for some players i really dont like :D

R***** K**
A****** P*****
S**** H*******
J**** F*****
R**** P*******
What on earth has Roger Prideaux ever done to upset you?

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
This will be a close series. Don't forget that SA are playing under a very inexperienced skipper who has already shown that his temperament is questionable after he slagged off Klusener. THe SA bowling looks thin after Pollock and Ntini. Their batting will be their strength. I can see a drawn series coming up (2-2).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd tip SA 3-2 or 2-1. I think the England batting has potential to be a tad suspect. The bowling, with an expected return by Gough (?) looks pretty decent.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Is the discussion about one dayers or tests? Gough is only playing in onedayers and so how can the series be drawn?