• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Zimbabwe in Kenya

James

Cricket Web Owner
1st ODI: Kenya v Zimbabwe
27-01-2009 at Mombasa

2nd ODI: Kenya v Zimbabwe
29-01-2009 at Mombasa

3rd ODI: Kenya v Zimbabwe
31-01-2009 at Nairobi

4th ODI:
Kenya v Zimbabwe
01-02-2009 at Nairobi

5th ODI:
Kenya v Zimbabwe
04-02-2009 at Nairobi

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Hopefully Collins Obuya can get close to selection this time around.
He seems to have done ok with the bat v Uganda, and for mine, he should always be preferred over Tony Suji, but there are probably more deserving players.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Mixed results for Zim in Bangladesh so far, but my worry is they will still come into this series far more match fit than us.

Corbin

School Boy/Girl Captain
He seems to have done ok with the bat v Uganda, and for mine, he should always be preferred over Tony Suji, but there are probably more deserving players.
Such a shame as to the way his bowling has deteriorated over the past few years. He's pretty much a batting all rounder these days. I really thought he had the potential to become a player of 'Tikolo' type status in Kenyan cricket.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Such a shame as to the way his bowling has deteriorated over the past few years. He's pretty much a batting all rounder these days. I really thought he had the potential to become a player of 'Tikolo' type status in Kenyan cricket.
To be honest he still strikes me as one of the few batsmen Kenya has who believes 30 balls is a short innings, though he is still in his mid 20s and a few years staying fit could do him a world of good

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
It was a great shame, but in some ways also good as I doubt we would have seen Varaiya on the scene so soon had Collins kept the main spinner's spot. It would be really good if he could develop his batting more, but as with all Kenyan players there is simply not the opportunity to play enough multi innings cricket to really do that.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Anyone know the Kenyan squad?

I'd play this XI if available

Waters
Otieno
Obanda
Tikolo
Ouma
C.Obuya
Odoyo
Kamande
Varaiya
Luseno
Ongondo

Maybe Elijah Otieno in for Luseno.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Yep - I think he is a) more useful as an ODI bowler due to better line and length b) a better long term prospect as he is so much younger.

I also have a question mark over Collin's spot. There are several possibilities for this I think including Amit Shukla (gives a better seam option considering the reliance on spin), David Obuya (depends who is in better batting form), one of the youngsters such as Rakep Patel, Mandela etc.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know the Kenyan squad?

I'd play this XI if available

Waters
Otieno
Obanda
Tikolo
Ouma
C.Obuya
Odoyo
Kamande
Varaiya
Luseno
Ongondo

Yep - I think he is a) more useful as an ODI bowler due to better line and length b) a better long term prospect as he is so much younger.

I also have a question mark over Collin's spot. There are several possibilities for this I think including Amit Shukla (gives a better seam option considering the reliance on spin), David Obuya (depends who is in better batting form), one of the youngsters such as Rakep Patel, Mandela etc.
Agree with Chemosit on Elijah Otieno. Though both him and Luseno need to work on their economy rates to really nail the third seamer slot. Also I would be leaning more towards giving Rakep Patel another shot at 6 being as his batting and leg spin could prove handy, if he has been working on both.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Seren Waters is missing the Zimbabwe series :cry:
???

My understanding was that he joined the training camp for the last 2 days and will be available for the whole series.

Odoyo will however most likely miss the Mombasa games as he is still on the recovery trail.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
???

My understanding was that he joined the training camp for the last 2 days and will be available for the whole series.

Odoyo will however most likely miss the Mombasa games as he is still on the recovery trail.
Bugger. They changed the cricinfo article I saw it on. :@

alvarez

First Class Debutant
So this starts in about half an hour. Does anyone know if Odoyo is playing?

If he is, Im gonna take a crack at this being the Kenyan team

S.Waters
K.Otieno
A.Obanda
S.Tikolo
M.Ouma
C.Obuya
T.Odoyo
J.Kamande
H.Varaiya
N.Odhiambo
P.Ongondo

I honestly dont think there is a place for Suji in the side anymore. And the only other thing I could see changing there is Patel in for Collins Obuya maybe.