• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cricket Championship

pasag

RTDAS
As most of you are now well aware, today CW launched its very own flash cricket game. It's taken months and months of hard work and preparation and we're very proud of the result.

We were thinking of having a tournament to launch the game between the CW forum members. If anyone is interested please put your name down here.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm **** at these games. If the graphics were blocky and I could use a Kempston on these modern day PCs then maybe I'd stand a chance.

Not to say I won't give it a go, mind.

EDIT: Just played. Did well against the quicks and piss-poor against the spinners.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's alright. Good first effort. Music in the menus is annoying and I think the countdown between balls isn't needed and just slows the game down more. The bowler's run-up is enough warning.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's alright. Good first effort. Music in the menus is annoying and I think the countdown between balls isn't needed and just slows the game down more. The bowler's run-up is enough warning.
You can switch off the sound in the bottom left corner if you want to. Also, you can press space bar to by-pass the countdown between balls.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You can switch off the sound in the bottom left corner if you want to. Also, you can press space bar to by-pass the countdown between balls.
Ah, I know about the sound, I just think you can make a better one which is less offensive on the ears and a bit more coordinated. Didn't know about the by-pass counter though, thanks. Also, it would be nice if you added bowling. If I am not mistaken, you can only bat.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ah, I know about the sound, I just think you can make a better one which is less offensive on the ears and a bit more coordinated. Didn't know about the by-pass counter though, thanks. Also, it would be nice if you added bowling. If I am not mistaken, you can only bat.
It's obviously personal opinion re the sound/music. Like any music really. We've had a lot of positive feedback regarding the sound and music.

Yes, you can only bat. This game was over a year in development and every feature can't be added to the first version in what was a very small development team. We may consider a Version 2 in the future depending on various factors.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
Rank  	User  	                Score  	Teams (bat v bowl)
1.	jesusdislikesyou	152	Australia v Bermuda
Awww yeah. Marshy and Hopesy knocking up brisk halfies.

And yeah, I'm in.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Luke on Smitteh:

"4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God
or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming
himself to be the Smittiest."