• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PCB will never change

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ok the last management was pathetic but this one proves it wants to outdo its predecessors.

Here is a new list of central contracts.

Category A (250,000 rupees per month) - Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Younis Khan, Danish Kaneria, Salman Butt, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Shahid Afridi

Category B (175,000 rupees) - Yasir Hameed, Mohammad Hafeez, Sohail Tanvir, Faisal Iqbal

Category C (100,000) - Yasir Arafat, Abdul Rehman, Fawad Alam, Rao Iftikhar, Sohail Khan, Nasir Jamshed, Sarfraz Ahmed, Khurrum Manzoor, Saeed Ajmal, Wahab Riaz, Umar Amin, Samiullah Niazi, Azhar Ali

Now there are many strange choices here but there is one that is too obvious and takes the cake.

Faisal Iqbal gets a Category B contract ahead of a whole host of youngsters.

Can someone give me a genuine reason why he has been awarded any sort of contact, never mind a Category "B" contract?

He is nowhere near the one day side, he is nowhere near the test side, he is nowhere near the T20 side.

There is only one reason why he has been awarded this contract and that is simply because he is the nephew of Javed Miandad. Nepotism is disgusting in any form and such nepotism and abuse of power from a former great of Pakistan is simply not acceptable.

Xuhaib

International Coach
btw in the recently concluded premier domestic tourney Iqbal scored a grand total of 89 runs at a mighty avg of 14.

Some deserving stats these.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good insight. Looks an interesting story. Have any news sites written articles on the topic and made the same allegations?

Also a Category A contract is worth 25 000 pounds a year. It doesnt sound much even when match fees etc will be added on.

Fusion

Global Moderator
They don’t call them the most incompetent board in cricket for nothing. I also want to know what has Akhtar done to justify his “A” category. I would think Sohail Tanvir deserves that status more than him at the moment.

Xuhaib

International Coach
They don’t call them the most incompetent board in cricket for nothing. I also want to know what has Akhtar done to justify his “A” category. I would think Sohail Tanvir deserves that status more than him at the moment.
yap cat B apart from him seems like the sifarish category.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good insight. Looks an interesting story. Have any news sites written articles on the topic and made the same allegations?

Also a Category A contract is worth 25 000 pounds a year. It doesnt sound much even when match fees etc will be added on.
No articles but fans on the Pakistani boards are pretty livid, as for the money I agree its not much business grads with a 3-5 work exp can earn more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jeesh that ain't a lot. My Dad earned twice that as a Headmaster. Obviously there's many other things a cricketer makes his earnings from (endorsements etc.) but given that performing for several million people (which is effectively what playing cricket for your country is) would generally be thought to be a role of more note - by a considerable amount - than masterminding the education of a few hundred kids, it's still rather surprising.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Jeesh that ain't a lot. My Dad earned twice that as a Headmaster. Obviously there's many other things a cricketer makes his earnings from (endorsements etc.) but given that performing for several million people (which is effectively what playing cricket for your country is) would generally be thought to be a role of more note - by a considerable amount - than masterminding the education of a few hundred kids, it's still rather surprising.
Its not huge money but still its significantly more then what a headmaster would make in pakistan you have to take purchasing power parity in to account.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True. I don't have much idea of the strength of pound vs rupee, but have always presumed it's fairly considerable.

It's just ridiculously unfair, the economic imbalance between some countries. Always gets my goat whenever I think about it (and hence I try not to unless forced upon me).

Xuhaib

International Coach
The thing that bugs me is that after looking at recent domestic cricket this is probably the first time in this decade that I am genuinely excited by the upcoming batting talents but then they go and **** on it by giving central contracts to useless buggers like Iqbal, Hafeez and Hameed.

Woodster

International Captain
Many more strange and confused decisions taken by the PCB. There is a total lack of any clarity or continuity within their thought processes. Perhaps the England situation (Moores and KP) is not that bad after all ?

Xuhaib

International Coach
On the money issue I think players do quite ok through sponsors & endorsements, My uncle was head of sales and mkt for Pepsi Pakistan in around 99-00. I remember him telling me that they were paying Wasim $200,000 per annum at that time so I guess these guys do all right:)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's made me realise how little i know about Pakistani cricket these days. There's several there i've never heard of, and several i've heard of but never seen. Must be the lack of tests from Pakistan of late and the (possibly related) shortage of Pakistani posters around here (as CW is pretty much my main source of knowledge on FC cricket in other countries).