• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Gilchrist Article - Comments and Critique

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Very good article, thought-provoking stuff. It raises some interesting points about the Code and is a good subject for debate :)

Maybe an overall conclusion of your opinion at the end of it though?

9/10 Very Good

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What the........

I thought I did??

*checks*

Yup I did:

To sum up, it is my opinion that players should be able to comment constructively on rules, rule changes, coaches, matches, other players etc. as long as their comments were unlikely to result in legal action against their home board and are related to the game. This may be difficult to ascertain and predict but if players are to have opinions on anything, it is necessary. Alternatively, if the ICC deems it impossible that a player or board would NOT be sued, regardless of who or what the comment is directed at, make the boundaries clearer to that players know what to speak about and what to avoid. It may be a less desirable but at least it would be clearer. Either way, under the current regime, how can the ICC and ACB expect their players to be ambassadors of the game if they can’t talk about aspects of it?

That was the place where I said "In my opinion........." but it's everywhere else as well.

Wanted something stronger?? :D

"I think the ACB suck and Adam Gilchrist is the greatest batsman of all time and should be able to tell the ACB where to shove their rhetoric and YES I would **** him!"

Howzzat?? :D

Maybe get me on the topic of racism and you'll get a slightly more heated response. :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How the hell did I miss that? Too early in the morning I guess..

Sorry! Great article, just remember there a children aged 13 and under reading these boards and talking about Adam Gilchrist in that way isn't that suitable, especially from a mod, is it? :D 8D :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well, I can't think why, my brain filled in something else. Must be my mind being corrupted by a school full of inbred tories :lipsrsealed: 8D :D

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I can't think why, my brain filled in something else. Must be my mind being corrupted by a school full of inbred tories
Yeah, that would do it...........:D

By the by, thanks for the heads-up. :) I sometimes forget I'm a mod.

Anyway, back to the article..........hahaha

Come on people, nothing to say/criticise?

[Edited on 5/28/02 by Top_Cat]