• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best International Cricketing moment of 2008?

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I thought we could discuss what we thought was the best play of cricket my personal favourite for last year was Ishants 1 hour of bowling to ponting at perth that was amazing stuff. Also liked duminy's 166 at the MCG.

What about you guys?

Bees

U19 12th Man
Watching South Africa celebrate after the Boxing Day test, for mine.

2nd is Mendis taking all those wickets to win the test series against India (as much as I enjoy watching the Indian cricket team)

susudear

Banned
Ishant - Ponying
Tendulkar milestones
Mendisvastation
Smith Edgbaston
Chennai Ind-End test
Perthetic performances of Aus and SA
Ponting at MCG
Ateyn at MCG
O$Brain

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Although it was nasty for me as a NZ fan, seeing the jubilation when Bangladesh beat us in an ODI was pretty special.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tendulkar taking the record, and then seeing Ponting's face as 11,000+ fireworks go off.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ishant knocking over Ponting's stumps with that delivery. That moment symbolised India's dominance over the Aussies over the year like none other.

Flem274*

123/5
Duminy 166
Mendis 6 for something ridiculous
O'Brien 6-fer
Strauss's career saver at Napier
Tim Southee 5/55
SA chasing 400 at Perth
Dale Steyns bowling
Ishant Sharma's spell
Chanderpauls heroics
Vettori's NZ ass saving
Jamie How's 139 (just personally, doubt if anybody else gives a toss)
Sachin Tendulkar rescuing his team and winning the match vs England
Jerome Taylors hundred (was furious when it happened though)
Ross Taylor 154*
James Marshall getting axed
Brendan Nash (love watching him bat)

krkode

State Captain
Need to also add sehwag's 65 ball 83 was pretty awesome too.
This for me as well. And then Tendulkar's 4th innings century to follow as India chased down 387. I was so happy we could snatch that game from what looked like almost certain defeat.

Also, Ganguly's century in his last series made me feel pretty good and the fact that he had such a good last series. I was quite happy to see one of my favorite players leave on such fantastic terms with a win against Australia after having a roller coaster career these last 4 years.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Southee's 9 sixes for me. Considering I live in the UK, had a GCSE module the next day and needed something to keep me awake to revise. Couldn't believe what I was seeing, and remember being angry when Sidebottom knocked Martin's stump out.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If it weren't for all that proceeded it, probably Michael Clarke's three wickets in an over to win a Test match that looked set for a draw.