• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heights of incredulity : Aussie media blames IPL for bad form of Aussie star players!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm not going to completely disagree with the article 100%.

Pretty sure Clarke and Johnson both benefited from not playing in IPL.

It is stupid to suggest Symonds, Hussey and co. have stuffed up cause of IPL, as they only played a game or two each.

susudear

Banned
And it should have worked to Australia's advantage that players were getting some exposure on Indian pitches which they toured later in the year.

And Symonds did have a good time in the Carribean.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well obviously if you played a few games, you ruined yourself forever (Hayden), if you played more, you got into the form of your life (Graeme Smith). Or it could be that Modi personally poisoned all the Aussie players when they were in India.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think the journos are indulging in a bit of tongue-in-cheek mischief-making rather than seriously blaming the IPL for its Australian players' travails, but there is a kernel of truth in it.

It isn't the IPL that's the problem per se, but rather extra cricket on top of a schedule several players were bemoaning as burning them out before the IPL riches seemingly banished fatigue. Northing like a few hundred grand to gird the loins and stiffen the sinews.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, the increased workload could definitely be an issue, but the Aussies national team players barely played any games.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Meh, would 15 days of Test cricket have been blamed if the Australian tour to Pakistan had materialised as scheduled originally to take place during the same period as the IPL?

One day I'd like to figure out the thought processes of these journalists. Do they just vomit out these crap articles to fill space, or do they sincerely believe in the stuff they're churning out?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They got reactions.. and that is all they want, I feel.. And not just the Aussies, I believe it is the same for the stupid journos from every country..

Indipper

State Regular
It's obvious what's going on: the IPL/ICL is a ploy by the Hindus to weaken Western civilisation through destroying Test cricket and paving the way for pointless shorter forms ideal for bookies and TV. The Hindu profits and will rule the world as soon as the foolish religions have murdered each other. I, for one, welcome our new cow-loving overlords!

susudear

Banned
Would be worst

It's obvious what's going on: the IPL/ICL is a ploy by the Hindus to weaken Western civilisation through destroying Test cricket and paving the way for pointless shorter forms ideal for bookies and TV. The Hindu profits and will rule the world as soon as the foolish religions have murdered each other. I, for one, welcome our new cow-loving overlords!
Worst post if it was not funny.

pup11

International Coach
I'm not going to completely disagree with the article 100%.

Pretty sure Clarke and Johnson both benefited from not playing in IPL.

It is stupid to suggest Symonds, Hussey and co. have stuffed up cause of IPL, as they only played a game or two each.
Its a pretty ridiculous article imo, would have made sense had the Aussie players played through the whole length of the IPL but they didn't play in more than 4 games, and tbh all the Aussies who played through the length of the IPL emerged as better players by the end of the tournament, Watson, Marsh, Geeves are a few examples of that.

I think a more sensible debate could be that whether all the money that is up for the grabs in IPL for these players in such a short span time could make them lose interest in their international duties which pays them far lesser as compared to the IPL.

susudear

Banned
Ponting

and tbh all the Aussies who played through the length of the IPL emerged as better players by the end of the tournament, Watson, Marsh, Geeves are a few examples of that.
Ponting who took 10 runs in 3 matches, agree to disagree.

pup11

International Coach
Ponting who took 10 runs in 3 matches, agree to disagree.
I clearly said the blokes who played through the length of the IPL emerged as better players, probably due to the kind of exposure they got there.

susudear

Banned
Shaun Marsh

I clearly said the blokes who played through the length of the IPL emerged as better players, probably due to the kind of exposure they got there.
Shaun Marsh, with 167 runs from 4 Shield matches, @ 23, agrees to disagree.

pup11

International Coach
Shaun Marsh, with 167 runs from 4 Shield matches, @ 23, agrees to disagree.
Well he is one of the opening batsmen in Aussie ODI team atm, so i would like to believe he has done well enough for himself, courtesy IPL!