• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

susudear

Banned
Fair points

He doesn't need to learn a new skill, he just needs to tidy that particular shot up a touch. Did he even get out to a short ball against the Windies? I only seem to remember him looking like he might. And that's against a faster attack than India's.
However Sharma and Khan are way better in their use of short deliveries as compared to Taylor or Edwards.

Flem274*

123/5
Exactly. Everytime someone bemoans the loss of Bond and claims we have no decent seamers and need a fast bowler I point them in the direction of the scores we've been bowling sides out for and our fast medium seamers records. Obv. having Bond or a quality fast bowler would be excellent, but quicks like Gillespie, Bennet and Sherlock are a waste of time at this stage. I'd rather have Fleming back.

So whilst Taylor and Edwards are quick, Zaheer and Ishant are better bowlers (harsh on Taylor actualy, he's probably better than Ishant. Dunno).

However if McIntosh can survive them, and he's over his big score, ten little scores recprd that he's displayed in the FC game he should find the other Indian quicks reasonably easy to deal with.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The harder the conditions the better Ross Taylor plays IMO. Less brain explosions when his balls are on his teeth.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
how ridiculous is it that we have no cricket in feb!
We do have cricket in February - 5 ODIs in Aus.

Wish the next ODI against the Windies would hurry up and start. Second day at work for the year and I need some cricket to keep me going. How can I survive until tomorrow?!

GGG

State Captain
Out of curiousity but when was the last time India won a test series in New Zealand?

JBH001

International Regular
Flynn and Ryder will be our top run getters with a fully fit Franklin and Southee getting the wickets in swinging conditions.
Dont know about Flynn tbh.

IIRC Johnson caused him plenty of trouble because of his tendency to shuffle across, and Zaheer may do so the same, although he is slower.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Did you see his 95 in Dunedin? He looked an assured test match 3 and played some cracking shots. The Indians will be a bigger test but if he plays with confidence I am hoping for a good series from him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn did show a marked vulnerability to the ball moving into him from outside his offstump, something the West Indies never really tested him with. I expect Zaheer will though, and it will be interesting to see how Flynn copes.

Flem274*

123/5
Does it matter? Commentators and the public **** over the guy so much plus with Moles as coach, I can't see him having any pressure on his spot if he goes badly.

Personally think he'll do okay, it would be nice if he did.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
However Sharma and Khan are way better in their use of short deliveries as compared to Taylor or Edwards.
Possibly true, but it's always very difficult to pick up the bouncer of a slingy bowler like Edwards, it tends to hurry onto you more than other bowlers.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Extremely pleased that the third test has been confirmed - really anything less than a two test series shouldn't be acceptable in the first place though. We go on about struggling in the test environment yet continue to schedule two test series, hardly the ideal method to rising up the test rankings in a hurry.

Evermind

International Debutant
Yeah! Looks to be a delicious series. Here's to hoping India gets walloped 3-0 or 2-1 so that all this bull**** about "best team in the world" is silenced...until they play a minor team at home and beat them.

Polo23

International Debutant
Extremely pleased that the third test has been confirmed - really anything less than a two test series shouldn't be acceptable in the first place though. We go on about struggling in the test environment yet continue to schedule two test series, hardly the ideal method to rising up the test rankings in a hurry.
You talk as if NZ had a say in the matter. C'mon mate, surely you arent that naive. The BCCI held all the cards, we simply bent over to their wishes. Fortunately some time opened up and they wanted an extra test.

Reckon we have a pretty good chance of upsetting one of the best teams in the world here, India generally don't travel well, especially to New Zealand and I think we all remember what happened the last time they were here.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
You talk as if NZ had a say in the matter. C'mon mate, surely you arent that naive. The BCCI held all the cards, we simply bent over to their wishes. Fortunately some time opened up and they wanted an extra test.
My post wasn't just referring to the Indian series. Had the tour stuck to its original format with two tests, that would've been the fourth two test series from the last five in New Zealand (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and the West Indies being the others). That would've equated to 11 home tests (now 12) over three summers. I was simply pointing out the necessity of playing more home tests to improve the standard of our test cricket, rather than taking a dig at NZ Cricket for their scheduling of this series over the rest.