• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Australia pick any left handers at all??

DingDong

State Captain
It's obvious that SA are superb at bowling to left handers; Only katich has made any runs at all but even he hasn't been all that convincing. Hayden and Hussey have been found out and Johnson's only made runs because SA haven't concentrated on him. I believe that since SA have found these technical deficiancies in Aussie left handers, they have no chance at all in the international scene now. Best thing for Australia to do is to stop picking any left handers for a few years.

Any thoughts on this?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's obvious that SA are superb at bowling to left handers; Only katich has made any runs at all but even he hasn't been all that convincing. Hayden and Hussey have been found out and Johnson's only made runs because SA haven't concentrated on him. I believe that since SA have found these technical deficiancies in Aussie left handers, they have no chance at all in the international scene now. Best thing for Australia to do is to stop picking any left handers for a few years.

Any thoughts on this?
Stupid.

Left handed Mitchell Johnson has been Australia's best performer this series.

Matt79

Global Moderator

Any thoughts on this?
Please name your hypothetical all right hand team, and then we can sensibly discuss whether this is a stupid idea or not...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Please name your hypothetical all right hand team, and then we can sensibly discuss whether this is a stupid idea or not...
With Symonds, Clark and Watson injured it gets difficult.

1 M Klinger
2 B Hodge
3 R Ponting
4 M Clarke [can't bowl]
5 D Hussey
6 A Voges
7 B Haddin
8 N Hauritz/ J Krejza
9 S Magoffin [can't bat]
10 P Siddle
11 B Hilfenhaus

Obviously don't really think having Hodge opening is ideal, but who else could do it. I can only think of bringing in Nick Jewell and having Hodge in the middle order with Voges dropping out.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
With Symonds, Clark and Watson injured it gets difficult.

1 M Klinger
2 B Hodge
3 R Ponting
4 M Clarke [can't bowl]
5 D Hussey
6 A Voges
7 B Haddin
8 N Hauritz/ J Krejza
9 S Magoffin [can't bat]
10 P Siddle
11 B Hilfenhaus

Obviously don't really think having Hodge opening is ideal, but who else could do it. I can only think of bringing in Nick Jewell and having Hodge in the middle order with Voges dropping out.

I get that it should be all righties but maybe just the top 7 or 6 cuz we can see bowlers are doing all right.

DingDong

State Captain
maybe the team should just have left handed bowlers only and just right handers as batsman.

1. klinger
2. hopes??
3. ponting
4. clarke
5. hussey
6. mcdonald
7. johnson
8. bollinger
9. braken
10. doherty

i reckon this attack is better than the current aussie one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ability and handedness are two different things. Which way someone bats should be given precisely zero consideration - how many runs he scores is all that matters.