• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Stories - keep 'em coming

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First day of the Second Test Match of the Bodyline series – Australia to bat first

England Vice-Captain Bob Wyatt, he of the lugubrious manner and wonderful glottal voice, is in the outfield

While Fingo is doing his best to blunt the first four pronged pace barrage in the history of the game barrackers constantly shout at Wyatt “Wait till our Don comes in”

After a while Bradman comes in and is bowled first ball by Bill Bowes (his only wicket of the series)

Half an hour or so later Wyatt turns to the crowd and enquires “When is your Don coming in”

Which brings me on to the main point raised by this particular post which is does anyone have a copy of/know how to obtain a copy of the 1982 BBC documentary on the series from which the above came – I have high hopes of LT here!!!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Which brings me on to the main point raised by this particular post which is does anyone have a copy of/know how to obtain a copy of the 1982 BBC documentary on the series from which the above came – I have high hopes of LT here!!!

I do have it and have transferred it to DVD and would happily send you a copy. If you don't mind paying £25 you can buy it here Sporting Gifts - Bodyline.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do have it and have transferred it to DVD and would happily send you a copy. If you don't mind paying £25 you can buy it here Sporting Gifts - Bodyline.
:wub:

well there's no choice!

we may be able to do a swap? - compo,hutton and wisden documentaries did survive Thomas the Tank Engine

fredfertangathotmaildotcom

for the benefit of the mods obviously LT and I are talking here about activities that won't breach anyone's copyright

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
:wub:

well there's no choice!

we may be able to do a swap? - compo,hutton and wisden documentaries did survive Thomas the Tank Engine

fredfertangathotmaildotcom

for the benefit of the mods obviously LT and I are talking here about activities that won't breach anyone's copyright

I don't have access to email from where I am at the moment so I'll be in touch either tomorrow or Friday (depending on hangover recovery time).