• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hauritz vs Krejza

The better option?

• Total voters

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Should go with Bracken IMO.

However out of Hauritz and Krezja, Krezja is definitely the potentially better bowler and should be playing ahead of Hauritz IMO. He gets way more flight and spin and can actually get the batsman out with good deliveries (Amla in Perth) rather than Hauritz who waits for the batsman to make a mistake. IMO if the selectors want a spinner who can keep the runs down then Symonds and Clarke will do a perfectly good job at that.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
while i like hauritz, who i believe is hugely underrated and steady, gets a lot of drift he doesnt get credit for, krejza has more potential, finger spinners just don't go to india and take 12 wickets, let alone in their first test, watch this space.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
while i like hauritz, who i believe is hugely overrated and steady, gets a lot of drift he doesnt get credit for, krejza has more potential, finger spinners just don't go to india and take 12 wickets, let alone in their first test, watch this space.
You mean under-rated right...:unsure:

I like both Krejza and Hauritz, Krejza is obviously the more attacking spinner gets good number of revs on the ball and tosses the ball up nicely, but sadly enough the hardness of Aussie tracks won't assist his bowling much, but on sub-continental tracks, or even in England he can prove to be a very attacking option.

Hauritz is the best suited spinner for Australia atm, given MacGain ain't fit, Hauritz mixes caution with aggression very well, even in the MCG test he bowled tightly for most of the time and every now and again tossed the ball to entice the batsmen into a false shot, that's where i think Krejza is a bit behind Hauritz atm, as unlike Krejza he mixes up deliveries quite well, so would stick with Hauritz at this point of time.

Despite all this its really important that a wrist spinner is developed for the future, because on most tracks where test cricket is played nowadays there isn't much help for finger-spinners, so therefore ideally would like to see Casson or Stevie Smith develop their bowling a bit more and come into contention.

As for Bracken he has become some kind of a joke now after he made that, 'i am thinking of turning to spin" comment, but frankly speaking given Australia' bowling woes atm, injuries to experienced blokes like Clark and Lee and Bracken' domestic form, would be more then happy to see him play in the SCG test as one of the 'seamers".

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely Hauritz. Haurtiz struggled to bowl a bad ball in Melbourne, and had there been a quick building up pressure at the other end I think he would have been far more effective. He took more wickets than Krezja did in Perth, and should have had at least one more. Hussey's effort was ridiculous and should have caught one off his own bowling. He already has a list of impressive wickets to his name. Tendulkar, Laxman, Kallis, Boucher and Smith.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
There is no point having 4 pacemen and wait for the next Warne because there will most likely never be another Warne. Just like everyone was waiting for the next Bradman.
4 pacemen will not win Australia games on the 5th day, they must give spinners, especially Hauritz, extended chances to prove himself.

Evermind

International Debutant
Australia won't get a Warne, but they'll be lucky enough to get a MacGill or a Harbhajan or even a Hogg. Right now they have sub-Giles spinners.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Johnson
Siddle
Bollinger
Hauritz

That should be our line up for the Sydney test, and when Clark comes back, he will probably take over Siddle or Bollinger, and then Lee will probably return after taking bags of wickets in first class cricket. Hilfenhaus is also in the mix.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Don't want to vote in this poll. First two options are as bad as each other, there won't be a "next Warne," so the third is irrelevent, and Bracken has **** hair.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
From the limited amount I've seen of the two I guess which one you'd pick depends on what one looks for in a spinner. If it's just to block up an end and not go for too many whilst the quicks are rotated then Hauritz is your boy; if you want someone to give it a bit of a rip, bowl wicket-taking deliveries and not be too concerned about runs then Krejza should be picked.

Personally I think Hauritz possibly suits Australia's purposes slightly more as, unless he gets a bit of help from the surface, Krejza could quickly become a bit of a liability. I could be being altogether too harsh on the Razor tho; for all I know he could be equally adept at containment as Hauritz is and was just told to bowl his normal attacking line in his two tests so far.

Durham_CCC

School Boy/Girl Captain
Both look OK tbh, Krejza obviously spins the ball alot more, and picks up more wickets, but he leaks runs.

Hauritz is alot more dry with his runs, but does not spin or create as many chances as Krejza.

It's hard to choose what you want, but IMO, you need the bowler who will pick up wickets.

I'd go for Krejza.

EDIT: is their any other spinners in state cricket who have not been mentioned ? And could possibly be the answer to Warne/McGill

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Just a thought, is this the first time in 15 years that Australia wants to use the English spinner?