Cricket Team Draft - ODI edition
A spin-off on the Test Version, only as the title suggests, this is for ODI Cricket.
Basically we take it in turns on picking your best possible All Time ODI XI.
I'm going to limit this to 12 people at this stage, I think we'll get some interesting teams with that amount.
The rules are below, very similar to Pskov's, hope you don't mind Pskov. :)
1. The draft order will be randomly determined by a generator, then proceed in serpentine fashion e.g. say there were three teams drafting, in odd rounds the order would be A, B, C then in the even rounds C, B, A (with team C picking twice in a row). This removes the advantage of some teams always picking earlier.
2. Any player who played in an officially recognised ODI is eligible.
3. Teams will be composed of 12 players selected on the basis of a ODI side to play in any conditions, against any opposition, anywhere in the world. At the end you can determine which player misses out on the final XI..
4. There will be no time limit to make your pick at first but I may implement one at some stage if the majority of participants want to speed up the process. Either way, if you join this you should be able to check the thread and pick at least once a day and ideally much more often. If someone does take too long and there is a general consensus then a drafter can have their pick skipped and will just have to make it up whenever they do turn up.
5. There will also be a concurrent draft for the home ground which will be in reverse order of the player draft. This will be used for any sim that may take place. i.e. If we do a county championship style play everyone home and away league format then the ground you draft will be your home pitch.
6. At the conclusion of the poll, everyone will have the option of emailing me the 3 best teams in order and each team will get 3,2,1 points. After a certain time frame of approximately a week, the points will be added and we'll have a winner on who has the best team. Members who are not participating can also vote - emails to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. Any other rules which may become necessary will be added here as they come up.
Post below to register interest!